Attention: Dallas Strongman

This should be the one

The Gym
16460 Kuykendahl

I was a little off on location, but not too bad

http://www.google.com/maps?q=16460+Kuykendahl+Rd,+Houston,+TX+77068,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

Hey guys

I saw this thread is pretty damn old but I stumbled across it in a search engine

The new metroflex is opening tomorrow (1/1/09) and we need some strong man competitors.

I have a couple big tires, and some atlas stones being delivered, but if I get some of you guys in the gym interested in competing I’ll equip it with all the goods! I have only competed in BOdybuilding so my knowledge of strongman ends with espn, so if your in the plano area come give me a stongman 101 course. I want to get a strongman competition going at the gym maybe twice a year we have a big fenced in yard behind gym. Landlord even said we could use his big ass landscaping trucks to pull across the lot.

www.metroflexplano.com

Wow, I had no idea there were this many guys training around dallas. I currently live on the corner of 720 and 380 in aubrey(30 minutes northwest of Plano) and if anyone would like to get together to train I would love to. I currently am using wendlers 5/3/1 3 days a week and have a 2x2 elitefts powerrack in my garage with about 600 pounds of weight, olympic dumbbell handles, an econo prowler, neck harness, all the CoC grippers and eventaully i will be adding strongman implements.

My goal is to do my first competition for this summer or fall as it looks like a ton of fun. Anyone want to get together to train? I really need to start learning the events so if anyone would be willing to teach that would be great!