T Nation

Attention All Tobacco Users: Snus

I know that a lot of you use chew or smokes, therefore i want to introduce swedish snus (pronounced: snoos) for you. It’s a much healthier option than smoking and american chew. Why? Because it only contain tobacco, salt and aromas. It doesn’t have any sugar or other shit in it, so it’s not acidic, but alkalic, and doesn’t damage your teeths and gum, actually it prevent caries from forming because of it’s Ph (8 or 9).

I couldn’t stop smoking, and were tipped by a swedish friend that this might be it, and he were right. I haven’t touched a cigarette for 7 months and 20 days now, same day as i got my snus…

The only thing swedish snus has in common with american chew is that they’re smokeless. Swedish snus is produced in another way, and therefore contain dramatically lower TSNAs (Tobacco specific nitrosamines) and other cargicogens, and there is no evidence that snus causes cancer and other diseases like american tobacco.

Sweden has the lowest rate of tobacco related diseases in Europe, but the consumption is the same as every other county. It’s also very discreet. You just put a pouch under your upper lip and no one will see it. It doesn’t produce spit either.

www.snuson.com is a great site filled with information, and there is a lot of americans there who buy snus.

To buy snus, visit www.buysnus.com or www.northener.com

Youtube movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjm9NNuuVU

If you’re a nicotine addict who can’t or doesn’t want to quit, you should really try it out. I reccomend to try portion for beginners (It’s in pouches) and General Portion, Skruf Portion and Skruf stark (Strong) portion is my favourites.

I’ve always wanted to try it. Do American convenience stroes usually carry it?

Is that you in your avatar?

If so, I suggest you eat some fucking food before you wither away entirely.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I’ve always wanted to try it. Do American convenience stroes usually carry it?[/quote]

No american stores doesn’t sell it. But i would reccomend buysnus.com. You can safely buy 2-3 rolls without having to pay import taxes. 1 roll contains 10 cans (24 pouches in every can). I promise you that if you try it out, you’ll never need a cigarette (or chew for that matter) again.

Corner stores in Canada carry this product. Never knew what it was till now. I know the tobacco companies sell it. But yeah if you want it and are close to the Canadian border or in Canada come and get it. DuMaurier is the brand that sells it.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Corner stores in Canada carry this product. Never knew what it was till now. I know the tobacco companies sell it. But yeah if you want it and are close to the Canadian border or in Canada come and get it. DuMaurier is the brand that sells it.[/quote]

Yes, american and canadian companies sell it, f.ex. Marlboro and Camel has started to produce snus, but it’s not the same as swedish snus. Imo American/canadian snus contains way to much artificial flavor and taste like shit.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]ironduck wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
Corner stores in Canada carry this product. Never knew what it was till now. I know the tobacco companies sell it. But yeah if you want it and are close to the Canadian border or in Canada come and get it. DuMaurier is the brand that sells it.

Yes, american and canadian companies sell it, f.ex. Marlboro and Camel has started to produce snus, but it’s not the same as swedish snus. Imo American/canadian snus contains way to much artificial flavor and taste like shit.

[/quote]

What do you work for them or something? Sounds like your promoting a product not providing information.

[quote]ironduck wrote:
It doesn’t have any sugar or other shit in it, so it’s not acidic, but alkalic, and doesn’t damage your teeths and gum, [/quote]

Like Hell it does!

There’s a good reason the most renowned dentists specialized in gum diseases originated from Sweden. And it does discolor the teeth. I don’t know if it damages them per se, but a brushed and flossed mouth is probably more likely to remain healthy than one where you swap snus.

I guess if you MUST, then it’s a better alternative than cigs.

And in case you guys forgot, this is T-Nation. Silly excuses about not being able to quit are not tolerated!

[quote]lixy wrote:
ironduck wrote:
It doesn’t have any sugar or other shit in it, so it’s not acidic, but alkalic, and doesn’t damage your teeths and gum,

Like Hell it does!

There’s a good reason the most renowned dentists specialized in gum diseases originated from Sweden. And it does discolor the teeth. I don’t know if it damages them per se, but a brushed and flossed mouth is probably more likely to remain healthy than one where you swap snus.

I guess if you MUST, then it’s a better alternative than cigs.

And in case you guys forgot, this is T-Nation. Silly excuses about not being able to quit are not tolerated![/quote]

It can damages gum, but not because of sugar and acid. If you brush your teeth normal you won’t damage your gums or teeths. Your gums may retract a bit from the teeths after a while, but you can just change side and there will be no problem.

If you’re a really heavy snuser, your gums may get some “wrinkles” but they are not shown any evidence that it causes mouth cancer. There has been a few cases where people has gotten reversible gingivitis of snus, but it reverse when you place the snus on the other side of the upper lip.

My teeths were pretty yellow when i smoked, and some snus discolor you teeths, while some don’t.

[quote]lixy wrote:
And in case you guys forgot, this is T-Nation. Silly excuses about not being able to quit are not tolerated![/quote]

What he said. Forming a dependency on a drug is a sign of weakness.

If I am not mistaken, its not fermented like snuff. I know alot of the Cig manufacturers are looking into this. Camel sent me a can of snus to try it out when I was part of a focus group for them.

Unfortunatly I had just quit smoking and was unwilling to put nicotine in my body for fears of relaps. Interesting idea to not have to spit with it, although after snuff, I dont know if I could bring myself to swallow.

Ill stick to my 1 cigar every friday night.

I have one in atm :wink:

What kind do you use?

Andyyboy: I have tried lots of brands, but my personal favourite is Skruf Stark portion.

I also think General, South state and Nick and johnny is pretty decent, but nothing beats skruf. Elixyr Power energy is also pretty fun, since it contains nicotine, caffeine and taurine. Unfortunately Elixyr taste like shit.

Johnward82: U don’t have to swallow the spit, because it doesn’t produce spit. I heard Camel has started producing snus, but unfortunately the cans only contain 15 pouches instead of 24 and camel is fermented while swedish snus is steam-cured and therefore Camel contains way more TSNAs. And i also don’t like the taste of it.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Makavali wrote:
lixy wrote:
And in case you guys forgot, this is T-Nation. Silly excuses about not being able to quit are not tolerated!

What he said. Forming a dependency on a drug is a sign of weakness.

Sorry Cheech, what were you saying?[/quote]

Hey I can quit T-Nation anytime I want. I just don’t want to.

General stark black is awesome! I used skruf for a while myself, but loose is soo much better when you learn how to bake it. I like to vary alot, there are so many sweeet kinds out there :slight_smile:

And brown and black bags are way stronger than white :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:
General stark black is awesome! I used skruf for a while myself, but loose is soo much better when you learn how to bake it. I like to vary alot, there are so many sweeet kinds out there :slight_smile:

And brown and black bags are way stronger than white :P[/quote]

Yeah, i use loose from time to time, but prefer portions. General Stark is also ok, but nowhere near the quality of skruf.
I don’t like white portion either, to dry.

Hehe, i dont think skruf stark is strong enough. Have you tried the new lucky strike? I bought it today, its pretty good actually. Extremely cool can :slight_smile: