Attempts at Strongman

I agree with this one hundred percent. I take the Hepburn approach with most of my main work, go high rep with assistance and accessory work, and almost never get sore anymore (except for the occasional challenge type shit you do). Submaximal is by far the best way to get strong and is why so many trainers advocate it. It sucks it takes most of us 5-10+ years to quit banging our heads against the wall to PR everyday with ultra high frequency And volume to understand it though.

3 Likes

I think I might JUST be starting to understand this. Still, if left to my own devices, I will go for a 1RM PR because there is something sick inside my head that requires it.

Although you fuckers are diseased with a different sickness with stupid volume and other stupid things that would flat out destroy meā€¦I want in.

1 Like

The funny thing is, I know that this true. Whenever I am giving someone a program or coach someone, I apply this principle. For my own training I throw it over board way to often. I guess I am immature in that regard.

Or I am just in this phase :smiley:

2 Likes

Weird, meant to quote @oldbeancam

Iā€™m doing some lighter log work today. Battle?

So since youā€™re doing ā€œlighterā€ log work you figured youā€™d entertain poor, weak littlesleeper?

Iā€™m down, whatā€™d ya have in mind? Probably going to do some light stone work tonight as well, this should be fun. Fueled by a work lunch consisting of pizza.

I canā€™t match you maximally, so I figured reps were my potential chance.
After my normal work, Iā€™ll probably do 150 for a 60 second AMRAP followed by a non timed AMRAP.

1 Like

Try a 56" height. Itā€™s real dumb :rofl:

Ya, I think Iā€™m going to pick up a bunch of wood pallets and make a little loading platform at some point. Right now Iā€™m just kind of lifting and simulating over a bar mid-air onto a tire. Needless to say, itā€™s a lot rougher cutting the grass in the areas where Iā€™ve been playing with the atlas stonesā€¦

I wish I had stones to play with. :disappointed::sob::tired_face:

1 Like

Currently waiting at Dominos to fuel a 9 pm front squat session. Teamzaboiz

1 Like

6/27 press

Log press, viper press first rep then press away
Bottoms up kettle bell press 25 lbs x10, 20 band pull aparts between each set
140x3
140x3
140x3
160x3
180x3
190x3
200x1
190 for 5 triples
140x11 60 second cap
140x11 60 second cap
140x10 60 second cap
140x8 60 second cap
140x8 60 second cap
140x6
140x3
Sorry @littlesleeper, I didnā€™t have much in me for big AMRAPs. My triceps were not having it

SHOULDERS ARE SMOKED. Just having them attached to my body is uncomfortable.

Crossfit coach came in to set up for a class and got a yoke ready to go. He was doing his own stuff and had about 530 on the yoke, which happens to be my contest weight. I asked if I could try it since Iā€™ve never touched a yoke before. He looked at my skinny ankles and scoffed, ā€œSure, dont hurt yourself.ā€ Yoke felt incredibly natural, did about 100ā€™ with a good pace and maybe a 3-4/10 difficulty. My pride got to me and I had a stupid smug look on my face after I set it down and thanked him.

3 Likes

And this, sir, is why most people hate crossfitters

For the record, I never saw him pick up the yoke over 360. He might be a super pro.

1 Like

not trying to be a hater, but he was shaking and grunting with 360 #imabitpetty

2 Likes

Dude I would be super petty and watch him with my arms crossed the whole time he was doing it. :joy:

He was working on planning the WOD for the day. He is really overweight, and not carrying it well.

In all fairness, he was working his tail off. Much more than youā€™d see at a commercial gym. Maybe what I interpreted as a scoff was him catching his breath.

I ended up hitting 150lbs for 20 reps in 60s. No time to get on the computer tonight but Iā€™ll log it and post a little vid as well to my log tomorrow. Thanks for the push!

HMMMMMM, SANDBAG MUCH?

Tee hee. Interwebz is fun.

1 Like