Attempts at Strongman

Congrats on getting your first show done. Welcome to the sport dude. It is a good switch from powerlifting.

@T3hPwnisher it hurts to raise my eyebrows. Is this normal?

I tend to feel the pain primarily in my soul. Taco Bell seems to help.

2 Likes

Yay for extremely low resolution video!

3 Likes

Congratulations for getting your first show under your belt. Glad that you had fun!

Damn, “limp fish flop” was pretty accurate. Pretty awesome commentary “He’s OK, just taking a breath.” lol

That is some nasty video quality though! I could barely tell which one you were until you folded. Must be a flip phone or a Blackberry camera…

Gotta love mom with her iPhone 4 that she refuses to upgrade and memory is so full she records everything at minimal settings :joy:

1 Like

The first, last, and ONLY switch, lets be honest.

Speaking of post contest “blues”, I recall vivid and extremely intense flashbacks of my last contest unfolding in light speed before my eyes as I writhed in a feverish stupor in the passenger seat on the way home. I actually had a sore throat and what looked like a flesh eating disease on my shins from god knows what I contacted on that overly aggressive knurl on that 2.5 inch axle.

Just strongman stuff.

2 Likes

@strongmanvinny2 All the lightweights had matching cuts and hematomas from the circus dumbbell. Good bonding time

Congrats on your first competition! Looked fun as hell!

Some stills from the show

1 Like

Safety squat bar on its way. My legs are much too small. Tentative plan is to grow for a year and compete again at the same strongman show next year. Hopefully competing as a <200, or a crazy shredded 175.

1 Like

HA! I saw you in Grant Higa’s youtube channel I think.

2 Likes

3/22 Upper practice/grow

Warm Up

5 minutes of upward dog into downward dog and vice versa

Push press

Barx3
Barx3
95x3
115x3
135x3
155x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

DB Bench
20’sx10
30’sx10
40’sx10
50’sx10
60’sx10
70’sx10
80’sx10
90’sx10
100’sx10
75’sx15
75’sx12
75’sx10

DB seated ohp
20’sx20
25’sx20
30’sx20
25’sx20
20’sx20

DB laterals
10’sx100 RP

Plate raise
35x50 RP

How are you feeling after your competition? I can only assume you were a little beat up for a couple days?

Only really sore place were the forearm flexors attached to my ring and pinkie fingers. Thats definitely an area of grip i need to address. The other fingers and portions of my forearms feel perfectly fine.

Few bruises, not nothing too serious.

2 Likes

3/25 SSB party

Bar got here. It was only $130, so I was a bit skeptical. Free shipping, got here in 4 days. Have no complaints after using it, seems like an awesome budget but.

SSB squat, slight heel, reminder belt
Barx10
135x10
185x10
225x10
275x3
315 for 10 triples
245x10
245x10
245x10

EMOM squat 155, add a rep each minute
Made it 22 minutes

I was already starting to cramp at the end of the triples. I will be surprised if I can walk tomorrow.

1 Like

Which SSB did you end up getting?

Titan fitness is the brand. The pads are detachable which isn’t my favorite, but structurally it seems solid. Its also pitching me forward, like I’ve heard from just about everyone describing SSB’s.

So I already dabble with back, front, zercher and even overhead squats.

What does the SSB do that those lifts don’t?

Not being a smart alec just wondering if I need to buy a SSB also. Like I need an excuse.