Atlas Shrugged; I Pressed

I am but I had to back off a bit. my elbow kept complaining…That’s a Loooong term goal…that will not happen inside a month…

Pull aparts are my August challenge!

I am still contemplating some form of sit-ups. Traditional sit-ups are bad for the spondy. So, I need to find something acceptable.

I believe that I am going to keep push-ups in the mix as well, going forward…if only one set per day.

Day 29… One to go

29, 29, 21, 21

today is your day…Congrats on doing the 30!!!

Yep Paul…

Day 30 – DONE!

50 - regular
10 - diamond
10 - clapping
15 - hands turned in
15 - hands turned out

I would say that I am taking a day off, tomorrow. But tomorrow is a regular gym day. I will skip push-ups for a day. I will likely start some form of 100 sit-up type thingies a day…tomorrow.

Military Day

Woke up feeling like hell. Not really like I was sick, just half dead. Drug through the day. Absolutely did not want to go to the gym. When I got there, everything felt heavy and I didn’t seem to have much endurance…less than normal, if you can believe that!

Did not start the sit-ups today. Just to…something. That is okay, though. Since I haven’t started, I haven’t missed any.

Military Press
barx20
95x10
135x10
185x5
225x8x3

Face Pulls - alternating grip
125x10x3
80x15

Lat Pulls
150x10x3

DB Laterals
30x12x2

Crawled to the vehicle. Came home. Now getting in bed an hour early.

Coffee and low carb energy drinks get me through through those kind of days. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

1 Like

Yep, hope you shake it and get to feeling better.

Momma said there would be days that that!..I bet you bounce right back up… My best to Lady Strick

You felt like that and still did MP 225x8x3? Expecting sympathy?

Unfortunately, Steve, I hate coffee. Can’t stand the stuff. Okay, I take that back. With 3 sugars and 3 creamers…but that kind of defeats the purpose.

CL, I got 8 hours of sleep last night. I feel much better, if not sore.

Paul, Momma was absolutely right. Mrs. Strick’s back and incision are much better. No more incision pain and her back is just a dull ache. Unfortunately, the other issues remain. But she has an appointment tomorrow.

Not really sympathy, Biker. Just sharing the misery…since we all have those days.
If it makes it sound better, though, the 225x8x3 was harder than last week’s 225x8x3. And my shoulders actually feel fatigued this morning.

Finally back in the gym after getting sidetracked yesterday.

Bench
barx20
95x10
135x10
185x5
235x8
265x8
295x8

Face Pulls
125x10x3
80x15

Military Press Machine
180x12x2

Seated Row Machine
200x10x3

Pec Dec
230x10x2

Reverse Pec Dec
130x10x2

Came home and pickled jalapenos and okra.

Started sit-ups today. Crunches, specifically…

25, 25, 25, 25

Ouch! good on you for getting after it.

Pickled okra!

Did you think you were going to sneak that by me? Where should I leave my address so you can send me a jar?

Paul, I will definitely feel the crunches by tomorrow!

Snap, I only did one jar. If I can figure out how to do it without the okra splitting, I will send you a jar.

Hey I didn’t know my computer could get the food network! Okra ? pickled Jalapenos…would you at least cook up the catfish so there is something I can enjoy!

So, you aren’t a jalapeno or okra fan? I guess we can let that slide…maybe.

My brother is in charge of the catfish. I am more than happy to help catch them and he seems to not mind filleting them. So, it works out well.
He has about 20# of fillets in the freezer. So, a fish fry is imminent. No doubt will have hushpuppies, cheese grits, fries and maybe some jalapeno poppers with them.

1 Like

Fried catfish (called horned pout up this way) are so delicious. When I was a kid my uncle would cook catfish and eel and it was awesome. All the other stuff you’re cooking sounds incredible too.

Hope everything is okay with you and Mrs. Strick. Haven’t seen you on here in a while.