180x10
200x10
225x8
225x6

Seated Row Machine
190x10
230x10
245x10x2

Hope you had a great Fathers Day. And I hope your back is ok.

Military Press Day

Okay, I cheated just a little. I just couldn’t bring myself to top out at 245#. So, I topped out at 250#. Psychologically, it just feels better.
That said, it was pushing it. Every set above 230#, on the descent, after the 3rd rep, I could feel the compression in my back and my legs wavering. It made for a not especially explosive day. The upside was that there was a lot of just raw strength. Pushing my way through the reps as opposed to blasting through the bottom.

Lexie’s Workout

Bench
Barx10
65x5
75x5
80x5
85x5
90x5

Next workout we will go 65, 75, 85, 90, 95. She has the strength, if she will get some rest. And she has no focus or fire. That might be good, though, or she would be dangerous.

Seated Row Machine
85x10x4

My Workout

Military Press
Barx20
95x10
135x10
175x5
205x5
230x5
245x5
250x5x3

Reverse Flyes
60x10
55x10x2
45x10x2

DB Laterals mixed with DB Front Raises
30x12 - Laterals
25x10 - Front Raises
30x12 - Laterals
25x10 - Front Raises

Called it a night.

1 Like

Think we’re getting to that point Stick where I’m gonna have to pass the wand to you. You’re still headin up on you MP and I’m starting to head down. Nice to see the wife lifting with you, too.

Thanks Harry. I don’t think we are anywhere close to needing to pass the wand…even though you are 15 years my senior.

It is actually my daughter who is lifting with me, which is good enough. My poor wife is having back surgery (fusion) on 7/18. She has had a rough couple of years. Guess I shouldn’t be so rough on her :slight_smile:

Haven’t seen you on here, hope you are okay.

Thanks for checking in.

I am doing okay. My back is still giving me problems and I was felling a bit run down. So, I decided to skip Wednesday’s workout. I think I will skip Sunday’s too, and just do a full upper body tomorrow.

On a more fun note, though, I spent several days over the past week gathering wild black raspberries. Lexie and I food milled and strained them today ( I HATE seeds). Tomorrow were are making jam. Should have enough juice/pulp to make about 1 1/2 gallons of jam. Plum jam is also on the schedule.
Jalapenos are starting to be ready (at least the first ones). And the first tomato is starting to ripen…and there are a lot of them.

Oh, and I went fishing for a little while, this afternoon, with my brother and all of our kids. Caught my first flathead of the year.

So, back aside, all is well.

Glad to here everything is okay. You had said you were having some issues. Sounds like you have been pretty busy. Homemade is always better! Hope you y’all have a good 4th!

Back in the gym after a 9 day hiatus. It was, and wasn’t, planned. I just had so much going on that I decided the break would do me good…especially with the back issues.

Also, inspired by Paul (OldGoat) I decided to take up the 100 push-ups a day, for 30 days, BS. I started the day before yesterday.

Lastly, with the back still whining, I wasn’t sure how MP was going to go. So, I broke my typical routing.

Face Pulls - alternating palm inside and out
115x10x4
95x10 - slow reps with a pause at the top

Pec Dec
Really just used this to stretch my upper pecs, as the push-ups have them tight as hell.

Seated Row Machine
150x10
190x10
230x10
My rack came open

Military Press
barx20
135x10 - could feel the fatigue in my triceps from the push-ups
185x5
225x5
235x5
245x5 - Started having issues with this weight. Despite knowing better, wanted to do 250#, though.
250x5 - Widened my stance and it actually helped with the leg issue a bit. Felt about like 235# did.

MP Machine
The stack…160x15
160x10 - working to keep the hands back as far as I could (more like a BNP)

called it

As for the push-ups
Monday - 40, 30, 15, 15
Tuesday - 20, 30, 25, 25
Today - 35, 25, 25, 15

After all the pressing, tomorrow’s push-ups are gonna hurt.

Indeed ! Interesting that changing your stance on MP a little bit helped…

Paul, I think the wider stance helped distribute the downward force better. But that is just a guess. 250# was still more than I should have done.

And, as anticipated, push-ups were even less fun than normal.

40, 25, 20, 15

On to day 5.

something about reading about pushups …it feels much better when they are in your log and not mine! I’m warning you though… around day 17 you start looking really sexy!

Wait…is that to imply that I am not already really sexy? Because, if not, 100 push-ups a day, for 5 years, won’t help this guy.

This morning…
30, 30, 30, 10

5th day done.

This is going to be a long month.
On a good note, my pecs aren’t quite as tight this morning.

No I mean really, really sexy like a wood chopping man…you know, like your brother!

That is just wrong on so many levels!

Day 6 / Bench Day

Push-ups done
50, 25, 25 - 1st time I have done 50 straight push-ups in I can’t remember how long. Probably since my PT to get hired as a cop, 27 years ago, this month.

That said, doing my push-ups before, and not eating since 5:30 yesterday, probably was not the best pre-bench ritual. Between the fatigue, the hunger and no gas, it wasn’t pretty. Surprisingly, it doesn’t really bother me, though.

Bench
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x4
315x3x2

On all three sets at 315#, rep one was strong, rep two, still fairly strong, rep three the bottom started to, or did, fall out.

Face Pulls - alternating grips
100x10x4 - all with one count pause at the top

Rear Delt Machine
110x10
115x10

Taking my daughter out for lunch. Then grocery shopping. Then gotta mess with the raspberry mead I’ve got working. Never home brewed before. I just hope I don’t poison myself.

Rasberry mead… Good Lord man! You must be tough. You have bee hives? Or did you have to buy honey? That stuff gets expensive in hurry. If you put up a selfie later wearing a viking helmet, carrying a battle axe, we will know it came out right…lmao.

nice work on the push-ups…50 is a good number, well done

CL - No beehives. No place to put them where I currently live. Even then, I am not sure my wife would approve. She doesn’t even like honey.
No battleaxe. I do have a bastard sword that my brother bought me, years ago :slight_smile:
And the only thing tough about me is my hide.

1 Like

Paul - 50 felt good, if not tiring. I might have had 3 or 4 more in me…maybe.
Good news is that a lot of the soreness and tightness has gone away. Hopefully that finishes before the month is out.