Atlas Shrugged; I Pressed

I know what you mean by fragile. My right shoulder, left knee and left lower back have been feeling that way lately. I guess just more warm-up and assistance work, right? Yesterday before I benched I did a couple pull exercises and it seem to help.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
I know what you mean by fragile. My right shoulder, left knee and left lower back have been feeling that way lately. I guess just more warm-up and assistance work, right? Yesterday before I benched I did a couple pull exercises and it seem to help. [/quote]

Steve, warm-up work is something I have been lacking. I get the assistance work in.
It has become very evident, though, especially hitting my shoulders twice a week, that what I really need is food and sleep. I need 8 hours a night for my shoulders to feel okay. Sometimes that is hard to get…as you are all aware.

The glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM and fish oil do seem to help a little. I think I am going to up my quantities.

things seem to be going good lifting wise

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
things seem to be going good lifting wise[/quote]

It has been improving. I think my petite shoulders are about to shatter, though.

If Lexie were interested, I’d tell you to sign her up for a bench-only meet. Would be good for her confidence to have a medal hanging around her neck.

Petite shoulders? Umm, I think I got you in that area.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
If Lexie were interested, I’d tell you to sign her up for a bench-only meet. Would be good for her confidence to have a medal hanging around her neck.

Petite shoulders? Umm, I think I got you in that area.[/quote]

I would love for her to do that! It will take her some time to be that confident, though. I am still hopeful that she can be near 135 by years end. But we are playing it by ear.

We also need to work on stretching her achilles tendons. They are tight, and I think the reason she can’t keep her heels down when she squats and deadlifts.
She is super bendy, except there.

In fact, her aunt had to have hers surgically lengthened as a child. May be genetic.

My shoulders just feel fragile. It usually happens when I don’t eat/sleep enough or if I have been pushing them a little harder than they want to recover from. 46 now, not 16. I have to remember that.

55 now, can’t remember what I just read…or how I got here…or even how to get home…

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
55 now, can’t remember what I just read…or how I got here…or even how to get home…[/quote]

Do I know you?

Lexie is strong. Have you tried inserts in her shoes? I know it’s different, but my daughter had issues with her knees playing basketball and volleyball. We purchased some expensive inserts, and it’s made all the difference.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
55 now, can’t remember what I just read…or how I got here…or even how to get home…[/quote]

Do I know you?[/quote]
Paul, its all that craft beer you drink not old age.

Skip, you and your daughter could do a bench only meet. That would be cool.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

Do I know you?[/quote]

Skip, you and your daughter could do a bench only meet. That would be cool.[/quote]

That could happen too. Of course, that would require that I actually start doing proper bench again. I will get there. Like I have said, I just really need to get someone who knows what they are doing to fix my form.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

Do I know you?[/quote]

Hey I resemble that remark…xcept Im a straight up Bud guy…craft beers make my stomach all wonky…[/quote]

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

Do I know you?[/quote]

Hey I resemble that remark…xcept Im a straight up Bud guy…craft beers make my stomach all wonky…[/quote]
[/quote]

Bud? Really? Does that even actually qualify as “beer”??
With me it is usually Sam Adams, Shiner Bock or whatever micro-brew my brother has in his beer fridge. Of course, I drink about one beer every three weeks. Tonight will likely be two or three, though. Gotta celebrate college football starting.

I’ll do the football report first, for Paul.

Nephew’s game…

This was the rematch with the team that I saw them play, last year, when I was up here for the job interview. They got spanked last year. They won this year. I won’t say they redeemed themselves. But it does make them 3-0.

They went up 14-0 and ended up winning 14-8. Yes, I have already spoken to my brother about the fact that they gave up a touchdown and two point conversion.

I gotta say, though…if this team is an indication of the mentality of the average youth, these days…I don’t want to live to be 100 anymore.
No fire. Little hustle. Most of them act like they don’t really want to be out there.
I can’t fathom going through the sweat, pain, and BS of practices only to go out there and half-ass everything.
No concept of team.

Okay…enough griping. But I am keeping my eye on them. I don’t trust folks who can’t bond together in a team effort and give a shit.

Short workout, due to having to go watch a football game.
Not sure I am going to keep making my workouts so early to accommodate them if they can’t give it some effort.

Lexie’s workout first…since it is the important one.

Bench
barx15
barx10
65x5
80x5
95x5 - PR +1 Rep
110x1 - PR +5#
95x2
95x3

Lat Pulls
50x10x2

Seated Row Machine
90x10x2

Me

Military Press
barx20
95x10
135x10
165x3
195x3
225x2
245x1
260x1
270x1 - PR +5# since returning - Never in question. 275# would have definitely gone…maybe 280#.
245x2
245x1
225x3

DB Laterals
30x20
35x6

Rear Delt Raises
35x10x3

Gonna go light on Wednesday and see if I can get some more oomph back into my delts.

Wow! Great job to Lexie! Maybe she could teach me how to bench? I hope her first days of school were good ones.

The Strick PR parade is in full swing…really god stuff, Skip…betcha Lexis was happy after that workout! you probably didn’t hear “I’m Fine”…

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Wow! Great job to Lexie! Maybe she could teach me how to bench? I hope her first days of school were good ones.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure she needs you to teach her. With truly good form/technique, she has another 10-15# in her.
I am just trying to keep it fun and let her run with it.

School is actually going great. She actually looks forward to it, which is an enormous departure from the past. Now, we just need to see if her grades reflect that…

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
The Strick PR parade is in full swing…really god stuff, Skip…betcha Lexis was happy after that workout! you probably didn’t hear “I’m Fine”…[/quote]

Well, my PRs are pseudo PRs. After all, I am retreading old ground.

Lexie’s, however, are the real deal. Nope…no, “I’m fine”. She was happy and proud of herself.
Earned herself lunch at her favorite place to eat…a Chinese buffet. Of course, she, literally, only eats one dish…broccoli chicken. No rice, no egg rolls, no lo mein…just broccoli chicken.

Great new MP PR. And Lexie’s bench is really good.