Atlas Shrugged; I Pressed

Thanks Jack…and James.

James, I think, more now than ever, that I will actually get to 300# and, likely, 315#. I might be 45 before it happens, but I’ll get there.

For the first time ever, when I have unracked more than 285#, it felt manageable. Sometimes you unrack something and your body immediately knows that you are in over your head…no ifs, ands or buts. When I unracked 300#, it was heavy as hell, but neither intimidating nor unmanageable.
That was a 1st and very promising.

Here’s to me not going overboard, keeping my cool and not continually maxing myself into a slump…lol.

B E A S T M O D E!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
B E A S T M O D E![/quote]

Thanks, Matty! But I might need 10 more pounds to hit that.

You’re almost putting up Meats kind of numbers. Cant wait to see you pressing 3 plates on each side.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
You’re almost putting up Meats kind of numbers. Cant wait to see you pressing 3 plates on each side.[/quote]

ha

ha ha

ha ha ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OKay…I haven’t been back that long. Conspicuously missing, though, are OldGoat, George (Soldog), Wilson (J-willy), Ruglayer and more. Did I miss something while I was gone?

You’ll get that 300lb MP soon, probably next time you try it, the way 290 went up without a hitch.

Things around here have gotten a little strange. There are more people who are missing than what you mentioned. I know where they are, PM me if you want to come down the rabbit hole.

Decided to go ahead and do arms, to see if I could work out some of the soreness.

Alternated DB Curls and Tricep Pushdowns

DB Curls
25x15
35x10
40x10
50x9
50x7
drop set
40x13
30x6
15x7

Tricep Pushdowns
79x15
91x10
115x10
127x10
151x8
drop set
127x12
103x6
79x7

Alternated a couple of sets of Concentration Curls and 1-arm Tricep Pushdowns

Conc. Curls
35x8
30x10

1-arm Pushdowns
55x5
43x10

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
OKay…I haven’t been back that long. Conspicuously missing, though, are OldGoat, George (Soldog), Wilson (J-willy), Ruglayer and more. Did I miss something while I was gone?[/quote]

Word has it they were posting racey photo’s in their skivvies in SAMA with T-STUD written on them. There was a mass exodus when that part of the forum was nixed.

Some of us take a break from posting time to time. Just got back myself. Good to see you are stronger than ever.

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:

OKay…I haven’t been back that long. Conspicuously missing, though, are OldGoat, George (Soldog), Wilson (J-willy), Ruglayer and more. Did I miss something while I was gone?[/quote]

Word has it they were posting racey photo’s in their skivvies in SAMA with T-STUD written on them. There was a mass exodus when that part of the forum was nixed.

Some of us take a break from posting time to time. Just got back myself. Good to see you are stronger than ever.[/quote]
I missed something as well Skip. Something happened on Kevin’s thread as well that I’m not sure of.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:

Some of us take a break from posting time to time. Just got back myself. Good to see you are stronger than ever.[/quote]
I missed something as well Skip. Something happened on Kevin’s thread as well that I’m not sure of.[/quote]

Didn’t realize KMC was MIA.
I was just joking - but something happened there. I think there are clues in his last post in his thread.

Well gang, looks like we’ve got a mystery to solve!

Well gang, looks like we’ve got a mystery to solve![/quote]

Just checking to make sure you got my PM?

[quote]dday wrote:

Just checking to make sure you got my PM?[/quote]
Follow DDay down the rabbit hole Strick…

I’ll get the scooby snacks. You pull the van around. I get to sit next to Daphne.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

I’ll get the scooby snacks. You pull the van around. I get to sit next to Daphne.[/quote]

Maybe Daphne can sit in the middle? Of course, Velma, in the right getup…hmmm.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

I’ll get the scooby snacks. You pull the van around. I get to sit next to Daphne.[/quote]

Maybe Daphne can sit in the middle? Of course, Velma, in the right getup…hmmm.[/quote]
So you’ve seen the more recent Scooby Doo movies where Velma is a smoking hot nerd. Just take her glasses off and put her in a skin tight shirt…what is wrong with me?

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

Maybe Daphne can sit in the middle? Of course, Velma, in the right getup…hmmm.[/quote]
So you’ve seen the more recent Scooby Doo movies where Velma is a smoking hot nerd. Just take her glasses off and put her in a skin tight shirt…what is wrong with me?[/quote]

Lol…I’ve seen them. The movie movies and the television movies.

I think your/our affliction is called “being male”.

Bench and Krocs

I didn’t realize how much maxing on bench, Thursday, and MP, Sunday, had taken out of me. I felt really beaten up today. So, I scaled it a bit.

I alternated sets of bench and Kroc Rows

Bench
barx20
95x10
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
315x8 - PR +1 Rep
225x10x2

I am glad to finally get 8 reps with 315#, but I wanted 10. Were I not so blasted, I think I would have had them. Next time…

Kroc Rows
40x15
65x12x7

Higher reps shoulders tomorrow. I am considering taking 3 days off to fully recover.

Shoulder rep work and Back

Alternated Military Press and Lat Pulls

Military Press
barx20
95x10
135x10
155x10x5

Lat Pulls
115x15
175x12
200x10x3

Followed by reverse flyes

Rev. Flyes
40x12x3

I am feeling really beat up. Taking the next 3 days off to try and get back to full speed. Really want to recover and go for 300# again in the next few weeks.