Atlas Shrugged; I Pressed

Way to get after it big man!

Great job on those, Strick!

That’s just not right… objects that big aren’t supposed to move like that!! The Big Man is bringing it !! well done young man…

Thank you ladies…and Paul. They aren’t the fastest push-ups in the west, but they suffice.

Sadly, I am changing my programming a bit. Tired of the persistent back pain. So…

Bench Press
barx20
95x10
135x10
185x5
225x8
245x8
265x8

Face Pulls - alternating grips
115x10x4

Seated DB OHP
70x8
80x8x2

Can’t reliably get DBs heavier than 80# up to my shoulders.

Lat Pulls
165x10
180x10x2

Pec Dec
200x10x2

Reverse Pec Dec
115x10x2

Push-ups tonight…

Nice work Strick. Push ups look great.

Thanks Dave.

Day 20…2/3 the way.

25, 30, 30, 15

Day 21…

25, 25, 25, 15, 10

My youngest and I pulled up the beans, out of the garden. cleaned, snapped and canned them. That makes 16 pints of green beans out of a 2 pallet, pallet garden. Not too bad.
Then we mowed the grass. Came in and did my push-ups. Now working on dinner.

The good news is that Mrs. Strick is doing better. She is up and about more and not in as much pain.

Wow! Nice harvest. Glad Mrs.Strick is feeling better!

Amen! awesome stuff Skip!

Glad to read about your wife. Your garden produces more than I would have thought.

Thanks all. I guess the bad news is that her head is starting to hurt again (or she is starting to notice it), now that the surgery pain is subsiding.

Day 22

35, 35, 30

For the record, I am sick of push-ups…or maybe it is just having to do them.

Hang in there! Only 8 more days to go.

Your poor wife just can’t win. I hope that she is completely pain free at some point soon.

I don’t want to sound like your mother but be careful with the clap push ups. Heavier guys like us pound our joints doing them. The orthopedic surgeon I met with wanted me to lift and do push ups but told me not to do high impact things like clap push ups.

Its surprising how much a garden can produce. I made my in-laws (who live with us) two 6’x12’ raised gardens and we’re pulling more squash, zucchinis, beans and cucumbers than we can eat out of them right now. Once the tomatoes start they’ll go rotten before we can eat them all.

Thanks CL. I’ll get through it. But I won’t like it…lol.

Steve, you are correct. I don’t do them often…only when I am feeling froggy. Of course, I am not sure I am high enough off the ground to have too much impact.

Can the tomatoes! We freeze what we don’t eat, as they come ripe. Then at the end of the season, we scald, core, emulsify and cook down into sauce. Then we can the sauce.

1 Like

Day 23…

25, 15, 20, 20, 20

Day 24 and Military Press Day all in one. The suck is strong…

As I mentioned, I am changing up a bit to, hopefully spare my back some grief.

Military Press
Barx20
95x10
135x10
185x5
225x8x3

Could have squeezed out 10 reps on the last set but, as soon as the thought crossed my mind, I remembered that I still had to do push-ups when I got home.

Face Pulls - alternating grip - palms inside, outside, inside
115x10
125x10x2

Seated Row Machine
210x10x2

Drank a protein shake (supper) on the drive home and then into push-ups

22, 21, 20, 19, 18

I have tried to do a different progression everyday that I have done them. I think I have succeeded so far, but should go back and check. 80% of the way there…

Home stretch! for our next challenge…stay tuned

Believe it or not, Paul, I have been trying to figure out what to do next. Maybe something to do with sit-ups. When I was 12, I got bored one night and started doing sit-ups. 1220 sit-ups later, I stopped because I had worn the skin off of my tailbone.

Anymore, 30 is a change. Damned gut gets in the way.

Day 25…

Took the day off work so I could go fishing with my brother.
Got up at 4:10. Yes, I wondered if I got up before Paul…but I knew better.
Went and caught bait fish. Hit the river and spent about 7 hours out there. Lots of talking and reminiscing…oh, and we did catch three channel catfish.
Add them to the ones in the freezer. Fish fry in the near future…fried catfish, hush-puppies, cheese grits…mmmmm.

After I got home…

50, 25, 15, 10

Well now I’m just jealous! Love me some channel cat. Mmmm…mmmmm…

Honemade hush puppies???