Work for today;
Giant set 1:
Axle row: 135x8, 145x8, 145x8, 150x8, 150x10
Bench: 225x5, 245x5 (Comeback PR), 230x4, 225x5, 225x4
Band pull apart: Bx11, 11, 11, 11, 11
Giant set 2:
Box jump: 3, 3, 3,
Squat: 45x8, 135x5, 185x3, 225x1, 255x5, 255x5, 255x5
Banded Pullup: rx7, 6, 5
Ab wheel: 8, 8, 8
Giant set 3:
Alt Db curl: 25x13, 25x13, 25x12
Band pushdown: GROx12, 12, 12
Lat raise: 15x15, 15x15, 15x15
- had family thanksgiving last night, so I went into this workout completely fueled up. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, strength and cholesterol were flowing through my veins lol.
- happy with my bench PR. Was a pretty close call, last rep had a sticking point that very nearly got me, but managed to push through. Starting to get close to big boy weight territory again on bench, nice for it to not feel so pathetic.
- power belly was real today, up a belt loop since Sunday lol. All bloat, so it will go away. NOV has not been my best month for weight loss, too many social events. I’m okay with that, strength and performance have been pretty good, and the social life aspect has been great for the family, I’ll trade one month of a bit slower progress for that.
- that being said, DEC Is a month of work. We have had in-laws in town more days that not the past 6 weeks, wife and I are both a bit socially fried. Starting tomorrow we are hitting the ground running, hoping to jumpstart another 10-15lb drop in weight. Really seems like my weight loss is going in 5-6 week phase. Phase 1 I drop like crazy, phase 2 I may lose like 2lbs while performance goes up, and then the cycle repeats. Used to frustrate me, but as long as it keeps up, I’m cool with it.
- video taped my squat again, at a lower weight. Took some tips from this log and a form check in the powerlifting section, tried to focus on keeping my upper back tight, opening up my hips, and looking forward. Felt like I did a decent job on keeping my back tighter, eyes were okay but I could feel my head being pushed down even as I tried to look up, and then I really have no idea wtf it means to open up my hips. I mean, conceptually I get it, but as far as performing the movement, not a clue