T Nation

ATL Gator's Diet Log

Thanks to Tampa Terry for suggesting that I start this log.

It’s time to get rid of the fat. I need a nutrition plan to help me drop the gut and fat, without burning off my LBM.

Currently I am 5’9" and 244 pounds with a high percentage of body fat.

My preliminary plan is to eat 5 - 6 meals/day, 2-3 hours apart. Eat a serving lean protein at each meal, and save the carbs for my PWO meal. Fat will come from fish oil, olive oil, almonds, and some ground flax seed.

Supps will be fish oil capsules, bulk bcaa powder, ZMA, ground flax seed, and protein powder.

I am considering the following workout program.

Lifting Days: My work schedule limits my workouts to three days per week. So I will lift on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday following CW’s TBT program. month.

Cardio: HITT 2x week on stationary bike, and a 2-3 mile walk once/week. All cardio will be on non lifting days.

Need help with total calories, and ratios of P-C-F.

Hey, there, ATL Gator!!! Long time, no speak. (grin)

What you’re proposing sounds pretty darn solid! If you’d like to see how I design a diet for someone, check out my post on the Metabolism Repair Plan … http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopicMwa.do?id=1584213

Start with the times and structure of your meals. You want to spread out those 5 or 6 meals as much as possible from when you get up to when you go to bed. Go ahead and list when you work out, too, and we’ll figure out the details/numbers of your PWO nutrition.

You’ll see how I figure protein and fat. Protein is 1g of protein per pound of body weight, divided by the number of meals you eat. Fat is 0.4g x TBW.

Take a stab at it, and we’ll keep going on putting your plan together, ATLG.

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
Hey, there, ATL Gator!!! Long time, no speak. (grin)

What you’re proposing sounds pretty darn solid! If you’d like to see how I design a diet for someone, check out my post on the Metabolism Repair Plan … http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopicMwa.do?id=1584213

Start with the times and structure of your meals. You want to spread out those 5 or 6 meals as much as possible from when you get up to when you go to bed. Go ahead and list when you work out, too, and we’ll figure out the details/numbers of your PWO nutrition.

You’ll see how I figure protein and fat. Protein is 1g of protein per pound of body weight, divided by the number of meals you eat. Fat is 0.4g x TBW.

Take a stab at it, and we’ll keep going on putting your plan together, ATLG.[/quote]

Thanks TT

Wake up time is 6:00AM, every day. Lifting days I will workout at 6:00 PM.

Proposed Schedule looks like this:
7:00 am meal 1
10:00am meal 2
1:00 pm meal 3
4:00 pm meal 4
5:30 pm pre WO - 25g pp with 5g bcaa’s/glutamine powder.
7:15 pm meal 5 post WO drink ???
9:00 pm meal 6

On non training days:
7:00 am meal 1
10:00 am meal 2
1:00 pm meal 3
4:00 pm meal 4
7:00 pm meal 5
9:30 pm meal 6

Based on your guidelines, my protein should be 244g/day and fats should be 97g/day. How and when should I fill in the carbs?

I have decided to break down the carbs as follows:

Training days, 200g total
50g at meals no. 1 and no. 3
50g post w/o drink
50g meal 6

Non-Training days: 150g total

50g meals No.1, 3 and 5.

All carbs, except PWO will come from oatmeal, sweet potato, WW bread, brown rice, or other low GI sources. The other meals will contain green veggies or some fruit.

PWO will be dextrose/protein powder until my Surge arrives.

Starting date will be June 1st.

Very nice, Gator!

How would the following work for you? What time do you go to bed?

07:00 P + Fruit
10:00 P + Fruit
01:00 P + Fruit
04:00 P + Fat
06:00 Workout w/ Pre-WO Drink & Supps
07:00 PWO Drink
08:00 PWO P+C Meal
11:00 P + Fat

Very nice job on how you spaced things out. For peri-workout nutrition, start sipping the first half of your Surge or your pre-workout cocktail with whey when you walk in the door and drink the other half as you’re leaving. You should have a whole food P+C meal with starchy carbs one hour later.

I’m going to treat it as if you’re having 7 meals. Shoot for 35g of protein per meal or feeding opportunity. Fruit serving size = 100 calories, any fruit you want. Add a serving of beans into whatever meal you’re hungriest. Bean serving size = 1 cup cooked.

Your fat requirements, yes, are 97g per day. As part of that 97g, you have the following requirements:

Olive Oil = 2 tablespoons (28g)
Flax Seed Oil and/or Fish Oil = 2 tablespoons (28g)

Since your per-meal protein requirements are 35g, on days you do resistance training, you should consume 70g of starchy carbs.

You’re allowed all the fibrous green veggie carbs you want at all meals.

Did I miss anything? Questions? (grin)

You don’t need to limit or set a cap on your carbs. I’ve limited beans, fruit and PWO starchy carbs. You don’t need to limit, weigh, measure, count or record your fibrous green veggie carbs. Just avoid the starchier and root veggies and the sweeter corn, peas, carrots (the first is a grain, the others are starchier in nature). You can have any veggie as a garnish if you want. Just limited, sensible amounts,