Athletic Training Book

I am looking for a good book on athletic training (taping ankes, knees, icing, etc.). I searched on Amazon and there are a lot of options, I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations before I picked something out, thanks!

[quote]MJT wrote:
I am looking for a good book on athletic training (taping ankes, knees, icing, etc.). I searched on Amazon and there are a lot of options, I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations before I picked something out, thanks![/quote]

Red Cross offers classes in it. It’s a day on the weekend usually, and doesn’t cost much. I did it. It’s much better than a book.

Thanks! I just sent an e-mail to fnd out about classes coming up in my area… I preferred to take a class but I was never able to get the community college courses to fit around my schedule. This is much better!

[quote]Anthony Roberts wrote:
MJT wrote:
I am looking for a good book on athletic training (taping ankes, knees, icing, etc.). I searched on Amazon and there are a lot of options, I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations before I picked something out, thanks!

Red Cross offers classes in it. It’s a day on the weekend usually, and doesn’t cost much. I did it. It’s much better than a book.

[/quote]

Athletic Training is more than just a first aid class. Pick up Arnheim’s Athletic Training. It’s pretty much the bible for us ATs.

I’m not trying to sound like an elitist here, but I hate it when someone bastardizes Athletic Trainining into a day class or just “taping and icing”.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Anthony Roberts wrote:
MJT wrote:

Athletic Training is more than just a first aid class. Pick up Arnheim’s Athletic Training. It’s pretty much the bible for us ATs.

I’m not trying to sound like an elitist here, but I hate it when someone bastardizes Athletic Trainining into a day class or just “taping and icing”. [/quote]

I thought he just wanted to learn taping and stuff, to be honest…

Being a trainer is a lot more, I agree.

[quote]Anthony Roberts wrote:
I thought he just wanted to learn taping and stuff, to be honest…

Being a trainer is a lot more, I agree.

[/quote]

I know, definitely no hard feelings, was just putting in the note for other people that run into the thread.

I know you’re already on that page.

Yeah, just want to learn the basics of taping ankles and pick up any other useful info I can…

i second arnheims book. great resource