T Nation

Athletic-Specific Pendulum

Just thought I'd ask - CT is there going to be an article written on this subject like the Bodybuilding one in this weeks issue?

yeah, that'd be really cool

That'd be great.

pendulum training is a shortened periodization, I think that it is a way to perform linear periodization but because the emphasis changes weekly the previously developed quality is maintained. So for sports the development of max strength, strength speed, speed strength, ballistic strength and a little structural gain focus week. He displays one in his original pendulum article. Something like this I think could be applicable
P
S
P
H
S
P
S
H
etc etc
I go back and forth between structural and neural weeks but get both sides of the coin(speed strength/strength speed and absolute strength) by having an individual day devoted to it(a la westside), except with leg days I just hav the inclusion of a max effort exercise.

Num - Thanks for your reply, and yes I know it's in his original article, but was wondering if he was going to write a specific article and go into detail in it.

Yes, I plan on doing 3-4 more article on pendulum training. One for athletic training, one for powerlifting, one for the general trainee who likes to experiment with various training tools and a last one on all the possible methods you can use during each phase.

Thanks CT - I look forward to it. Great work.