T Nation

Athletic Leg Development for Soccer

Hey guys currently do 3 total body workouts, 5x5, 4x8, 3x15 with squat and deadlift variations in each workout.

got any sugestions on a better workout specifically related to soccer

Designer Athletes by Mike Robertson, WS4SB3, etc.

Posterior chain strength is probably the most important quality needed in soccer that can be easily built in the weight room.

How long have you been training?

[quote]veritas83 wrote:
Hey guys currently do 3 total body workouts, 5x5, 4x8, 3x15 with squat and deadlift variations in each workout.

got any sugestions on a better workout specifically related to soccer[/quote]

What does your coach suggests?

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
Designer Athletes by Mike Robertson, WS4SB3, etc.

Posterior chain strength is probably the most important quality needed in soccer that can be easily built in the weight room.

How long have you been training?[/quote]

I’ve been training for 5 - 6 years but only been training lowerbody and serious training for the last year.

yeah i suspected the posterior chain was important.

I’m currently doing Waterbury’s total body training program… been thinking that perhaps just doing squats and deadlifts wasnt really enough…

[quote]elnyka wrote:
veritas83 wrote:
Hey guys currently do 3 total body workouts, 5x5, 4x8, 3x15 with squat and deadlift variations in each workout.

got any sugestions on a better workout specifically related to soccer

What does your coach suggests?[/quote]

my coach isn’t really into weights but he does make sure we get a good sprints session in our training.