Athletic Fit Shirts

Any suggestions for stores (online or in-person) that make decent athletic-cut t-shirts? I’m having a heck a of time finding t-shirts that fit. I’m 5’10" and need a xl in the shoulders, but they are cut so wide that they end up looking boxing and making me look stockier than I really am. There has to be somebody out there making tapered shirts for wide dudes.

Pocket Tees may be a little redneck for some people, but I am loving the Carhartt “Force” shirts. Moisture wicking or what ever like under armor, but not so tight.

Regular Carhartt work tee shirts are good too. They are thick, but stretchy material. Go 1 size smaller than you normally wear if you mess with these.

Get 1 red, 1 blue and 1 grey and you are set!

1 Like

I tried looking around for good t shirts to work out with, I had some success with reebok shirts (if you aren’t trying to pull the ladies) but ultimately i went in a full circle and stuck with my hoodies.

Edit: After rereading your post, I think I misunderstood. I have no advice on casual shirts

If a shirt fits oddly due to your size, you’re doing something right. I always get the size that fits closest, then I appreciate the areas where its tight or odd fitting. Its shows that I am not normal, and thats great.

Abercrombie and Fitch muscle fit shirts. I wear XXL and all of their shirts fit like they were tailor made for my body. Can’t recommend them highly enough. Well worth the high price.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll give them a try.

1 Like