Athletes Foot

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Out of curiosity what kind of ointment do you use? [/quote]

Lotimin Ultra cream. Kills it quick.

[/quote]

x2!
I use the cream then the spray on socks and inside the boots (and any other footwear that may have been used).

Knocks it out quickly.
[/quote]

X3
Had a similar case years ago in a tropical climate and had to wear boots and stand long watches. Change any sweaty old insoles and bring extra socks to work. Keeping your feet dry is very important! The sock to bed thing I’m not sure about since everyone I’d diferent and if you are one of those who feet sweat alot it’s best not to.
Good luck and it’s better than a similar case of Jock itch and Yeah it can get very bad also hahahahahaha

Once we had been told to scrub it with Tide detergent (jock itch) to ease the itch and hold the spread till you can get to medical for medicine. It worked however that was the early 90’s before all the new and improved stuff.

(edit) this sucks trying to post from a iphone

Just hope it isn’t this- Eumycetoma - Wikipedia

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
So you don’t trust a licensed medical doctor but you do trust random internet peeps for medical advice? [/quote]
trolololololololololoolololololo

Yea I normally come here to find out how to do my taxes.

FUCK THE ACCOUNTANTS

[quote]Nards wrote:
I was so happy the first time I got athlete’s foot when I was 18 or so as I’d never done anything athletic so it felt sort of cool.

[/quote]

Jock itch must make you ecstatic!

I’ve talked to some Iraq war vets who said athletes foot was rampant over there … They said once they got stateside docs gave them a prescription that cleared it up within a couple days ( don’t have the name of the medication though)

They also said they would get pedicures (over there) when they had the chance, and these would ease the symptoms for a few days afterwards … Might be worth trying out right before the wedding!

I had it once when I was in high school. Caught it in the gym locker room most likely. I used Cruex spray. Did my feet and sprayed it into my sneakers and it was better in a couple of days and gone in a week.

My son had it a few years back, my wife took him to the doctor and he said athlete’s foot for sure. He used something called Lotrimin which came in a powder form. It cleared it up fast.

Rob

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I was so happy the first time I got athlete’s foot when I was 18 or so as I’d never done anything athletic so it felt sort of cool.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its great. Sometimes I wait a week or two before scratching…

and then it just feels SO GOOOOOOOD!

True story:
My brother used to suffer from boils. Huge ones. He had one that had become so painful he decided to remove it with a pair of pliers. So he stood in front of a mirror, pliers in hand gripping the top of the boil and psyching himself up. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…and then pulled the boil out using the pliers. A stream of blood and pus arced across the mirror. He was so proud he invited us all into his room to see the result.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

jock rash is easy to get rid of. when I was in high school one of the other football players, who was a real asshole had it bad. rash going down his thighs. told him to get some absorbine jr and just pour it on and it would feel better immedietly. didn’t tell him that in about 10 seconds it would light him up. after practice he tried it. the coach was in his office and heard the screams. it worked though.