For those of you running athlete lean athlete strong for bodycomp, I have a couple detail questions as I get started:
- Box jumps - are you jumping down off the box or stepping down? I was jumping down last night, but my left knee is popping when I bend it today.
- Alternatives to a rowing erg? I was thinking I’d pull a sled on a rope, hand-over-hand.
- Alternatives to battling ropes - any ideas? I was thinking I’d try sandbag clean-n-presses as part of that complex
- For day 5 and day 6, strength circuit, doing deadlifts in the same weight range (80-90%) for reps, on consecutive days - are you doing the same DL variation both days? Are you taking that 80% as an RPE, or as 80% of 1RM?
- Load for farmers walks and other loaded carries for time - are you all going as heavy as possible, or are you “getting the work in” with a moderate weight?
I am guess I am still trying to figure out where to push my limits and where to be more “controlled” within this plan.