Athlete Lean, Athlete Strong

CT,

Another home run! What, if any, modifications would you make for a lifter in their early forties?

Thanks for any wisdom you may have to share!

[quote]6stringsling wrote:
CT,

Another home run! What, if any, modifications would you make for a lifter in their early forties?

Thanks for any wisdom you may have to share![/quote]

“Lifter in their 40s” doesn’t really mean much. I’ve know guys in their 60s who were in better shape and could handle more volume than guys in their 20s. Two such examples:

1. When I trained in Olympic lifting, we had two master lifters training with us; one was 67 and the other 69, they both trained twice a day for 90 - 120 min both times. One of them even did sprints outside in-between his two sessions! That last guy is over 80 now and still training hard (even still competing if I’m not mistaking).

2. A former client of mine is 65. He is still an active fireman and competes in firefit events. He trains everyday, doing 4-5 crossfit sessions a week and 1-2 regular lifting session. On top of that he does events practice while at work (in their free time they can train at their station).

So being in your 40s doesn’t mean much to me. It really depends on the kind of shape you are in.

@ CT I loved this program. What would be a recommended follow up after the four weeks are done if one wanted to do something similar?

CT we have no ergometer, can we replace with the prowler that way ??
  thank you

Yes, and you can also attach a big role and do a seated rope pull (like when the strongman do truck pulls)