Athlete Lean Athlete Strong Replacement and Learning/Replacing Power Clean

Hey CT,

I’m gonna start ALAS next week but I have to replace some exercises because I don’t have all the equipment necessary to follow it as is. This is what I have for now.

Monday
Article: (C) - Trap Bar Deadlift or Dead Squat Bar
Replacement: Sumo Deadlift

Tuesday
Article: (F) - Rowing Ergometer
Replacement: Burpees jump pull ups (as you’ve described here Replacement Exercises - Christian Thibaudeau Coaching - Forums - T Nation)
Week 1: RE 500m => BJPU AMRAP 30sec.
Week 2: RE 500m => BJPU AMRAP 30sec.
Week 3: RE 750m => BJPU AMRAP 60sec.
Week 4: RE 1500m => BJPU AMRAP 90sec.

Thursday
Article: C1 - Battle Rope: Alternating arms
Replacement: Shoulder Glider Forward Grab (Mega-Shoulder Glider 2004)

Article: C1 - Battle Rope: Two arms
Replacement: Shoulder Glider Forward Grab

Article: (E) - Rowing Ergometer
Replacement: Burpees jump pull ups

Friday
Article: (B and D2) - Power Clean From Hang
Replacement: Snatch Grip Deadlift or Muscle Snatch

Article: (E2) - Dead-Squat Carry
Replacement: Zercher Carry

Saturday
Article: (A3) - Power Clean From Hang
Replacement: Snatch Grip Deadlift or Muscle Snatch

I’m pretty sure that these are all valid substitutes, except for the Power Clean From Hang.
The reason I’m replacing it is because I don’t know how to execute this exercise with proper form and my gym (actually no other gym in my town afaik) does not have olympic bars. We only have iron bars like these (Barra Maciça Polimet 1,80m c/ Presilhas - Cromado | Netshoes) and obviously they don’t spin.

I’ve already read a lot about it and watched tons of videos but every time I try to execute it I feel that I muscle the weight up and lift the elbows instead of exploding from my legs and catching the bar on my shoulders. I don’t know If it’s only a matter of little practice or the fact that the bar doesn’t spin (which I would have to use a different technique or not try to do it at all).

So I would like to know if these are really valid alternatives and what would be the best exercise to replace the Power Clean or I should stick with it until I can handle it properly.

Even if there is an adequate replacement for the ALAS program I would really like learn how to Power Clean correctly. So if you could share some drills or recommend articles/books about it would help me a lot.

P.S: I’ve already looked for coaches in my town but none of them were qualified enough to teach proper form/technique on olympics lifts. Unfortunately olympic lifting is not a big thing in my country and great coaches live far away from my town and obviously are busy with their athletes.

Thanks!