Atheists Less Charitable 2.0

[quote]LabTest915 wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
I enjoy knowing that atheists will burn in hell even if they do not believe in it, or it can be like in Dante’s Divine Comedy: the Purgatario where heretics just burn for ever in the coffin they were buried in(this takes in to account the assumption someone actually cared enough about the godless heathen to even give them a proper burial)[/quote]

So if Jesus was sitting next to you and you guys were talking to an atheist this drivel would come out of your mouth?
[/quote]

The religious people on here are a bunch of hypocrites, get used to it.[/quote]

Nope, most of them are decent people who happen to have differing opinions to me. Debating in PWI in a good (troll-free) thread with people such as cortes or kamui, not to mention others is very rewarding

[quote]LabTest915 wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

I enjoy knowing that atheists will burn in hell even if they do not believe in it, or it can be like in Dante’s Divine Comedy: the Purgatario where heretics just burn for ever in the coffin they were buried in(this takes in to account the assumption someone actually cared enough about the godless heathen to even give them a proper burial)[/quote]

So if Jesus was sitting next to you and you guys were talking to an atheist this drivel would come out of your mouth?
[/quote]

No, sorry, but that is not true at all. The statement he uttered is something I have heard only few ‘believers’ say and they are usually sad, angry, misguided people with a lack of understanding concerning the Bible and Christianity.

I have worked over the last 15 years with dozens of different Christian denominations (those who believe in a hell where you suffer, those who believe in a hell that is separation as well as those who do not believe there is a hell at all) and 99.9% is horrified by the idea of it. It is actually part of their motivation to ‘save’ people because their heart breaks thinking of the many ‘lost’ and where they might go after death. Very few, if any (I can really only remember 2 individuals expressing this) feel ‘joy’ in the suffering of those who do not make it to Heaven.

By the way, as an associate Pastor, I simply wanted to call him on what he said and perhaps I harbored a bit of hope that he would consider the sheer stupidity and evil of what he wrote.

People are passionate about their beliefs and sometimes they go overboard but I do not believe most here are hypocrites. Far from it. It is just not easy to get your point across via the interwebz :slight_smile:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[/quote]

I suspect it was a troll post, meant to instigate.

[quote]LabTest915 wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, a lot of your atheist brothers are showing their true colors here:

and here:

Just because you don’t have a sense of humor doesn’t mean religious people are hypocrites.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]LabTest915 wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[/quote]

No, sorry, but that is not true at all. The statement he uttered is something I have heard only few ‘believers’ say and they are usually sad, angry, misguided people with a lack of understanding concerning the Bible and Christianity.

I have worked over the last 15 years with dozens of different Christian denominations (those who believe in a hell where you suffer, those who believe in a hell that is separation as well as those who do not believe there is a hell at all) and 99.9% is horrified by the idea of it. It is actually part of their motivation to ‘save’ people because their heart breaks thinking of the many ‘lost’ and where they might go after death. Very few, if any (I can really only remember 2 individuals expressing this) feel ‘joy’ in the suffering of those who do not make it to Heaven.

By the way, as an associate Pastor, I simply wanted to call him on what he said and perhaps I harbored a bit of hope that he would consider the sheer stupidity and evil of what he wrote.

People are passionate about their beliefs and sometimes they go overboard but I do not believe most here are hypocrites. Far from it. It is just not easy to get your point across via the interwebz :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Damn, it was a joke…

dang. Sorry for making you ladies cry. Go read the Purgatario and find out what happens to you.

****Edit, hopefully you know im joking, but still you guys need to start reading more and relaxing, this is just a website you know?

[quote]pat wrote:

Damn, it was a joke…[/quote]

I hope so actually…

But like I said, I have met a few who meant it…

dang. Sorry for making you ladies cry. Go read the Purgatario and find out what happens to you.

****Edit, hopefully you know im joking, but still you guys need to start reading more and relaxing, this is just a website you know?[/quote]

Shit :slight_smile: Should have gone with my first gut feeling.

I have met an asshole though who did mean it and I guess that clouded my judgement a bit.
Whatever, am glad you did not mean it and I will have my sarcasm radar checked :slight_smile:

Ha no it’s cool. I probably shouldn’t have messed around in a sensitive subject.

Good Joke.

I just can’t decide what’s funnier - Atheists burning in hell or Larry David pissing on Jesus Christ. Either way both are comedy gold. Thanks AOW and LD!

Ha no it’s cool. I probably shouldn’t have messed around in a sensitive subject.

[/quote]

Probably just give better hints your joking. I actually thought is was funny.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Good Joke.

I just can’t decide what’s funnier - Atheists burning in hell or Larry David pissing on Jesus Christ. Either way both are comedy gold. Thanks AOW and LD![/quote]

Crispy atheists are always comedic boons. You can get’em on a stick or between a bun, either way they are always fun.

Larry David, offensive or not has never, ever been funny.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Good Joke.

I just can’t decide what’s funnier - Atheists burning in hell or Larry David pissing on Jesus Christ. Either way both are comedy gold. Thanks AOW and LD![/quote]

Crispy atheists are always comedic boons. You can get’em on a stick or between a bun, either way they are always fun.

Larry David, offensive or not has never, ever been funny. [/quote]

Gawd, you theists are so sensitive! Get a sense of humour man! It’s all in good fun.

Amirite?

[quote]Bambi wrote:

Nope, most of them are decent people who happen to have differing opinions to me. Debating in PWI in a good (troll-free) thread with people such as cortes or kamui, not to mention others is very rewarding[/quote]

Hey, only just read this. Thanks for the kind words, Bambi!

For the record, one very last and final time, the entire Atheists are Less Charitable 1.0 was started as a JOKE, and was NOT intended in a mean spirit of any sort. It’s sole purpose was to illustrate a double standard that was being thrown around by a certain atheist, whom I also do not find representative of many of the very polite, intelligent, interesting atheists we have here on PWI, whom I am proud to call my friends.

The only place I’m an asshole is the steroid forum :wink: