Atari

Anyone remember those games. I love them. I couldn’t get enough of games like PacMan,Ms.PacMan,Space invaders,Zaxxon, Frogger, Dig Dug, Q-Bert, just to name a few. Lets see how old Atari games you guys remember.

I had the old 800 Atari system when I was a kid.

Kaboom,Circus,Bowling,Indiana Jones,and Tank.You can still find all these games and system on ebay all the time.I never played home video games after that.Atari 2600,PS,PS2,XBOX all passed me by.Most gamers I know are either married or a bunch of stoned retards(like my friends in highschool)

Ah, fitone, you little monkey… remember “E.T.”? Worst Atari game ever.

dig dug ruled!

Atari rocks! It’s the hottest thing right now. Never mind X-box, etc., the old school platforms are way more fun. Sure the graphics are better now, but are the games more enjoyable? It’s like driving an old muscle car or a new performance car. The old cars don’t have all the techno advances, but they are raw and a blast to boot around. I’m gonna go on ebay right now and look for some platforms. Do you remember the others; Colecovision or Intellivision? Brings back great memories. One of my favourite later Atari games was called “Paperboy”. You would ride your bicycle and had to throw the newspapers into the mailboxes and avoid being hit by cars and bitten by dogs. There was another Indiana Jones-type game that was a blast. You also gotta love that Atari joystick. Never had to worry about hitting the wrong button cause there was only one giant red button. fuckin’ right! Man I sound like an old fart.

Jungle Hunt Rulz.

PacMan ruled.

Remember when everyone thought that “Pong” was so high tech?

Way, way back in the dark ages?

loopfit,

The other Indiana Jones game I think you’re talking about was ‘Pitfall’.I loved that game because every time you ropped over the lame alligators you heard a tarzan type call.And yes E.T. was a horrible game.

Wasn`t Joust on Atari? Indiana Jones, too?

Intellivision…their war series Tank/Naval Battles, TRON (Discs of), F1 Racing (not the good name)…SNAFU was cool too.

All had that far better playability (for lack of a better word) than today`s games. You concentrated on the action, not 24 key sequences to kick-ass.

Somewhere, Fatware just made things worse.

Just for fun, I tried a Nintendo emulator with the original Final Fantasy. For one of the rare times, I was actually afraid I could not make it back to town (no easy exits, save where you want, no hacks, etc.). In short, CHALLENGE.

And, bizarrely, I prefer the sprite/icon look too (a la upper image, or even lower definition). The less defined, more abstract, iconic look, for some reason, gets me imagination/projection/immersion with the characters going far more. (I know a guy covered this in Understanding comics, and he was dead on right).

Long live low tech. I probably am coming a geezer right now ehehe.

BagItMan (or BagMan) on the Commodore64 was damn cool too. You played the thief. What a change =0)

Here’s an old Atari RPR remember anyone remember Zork’s I and II I believe it was… God, I think my age is showing here;). Who also remembers the old Commador(sp?) 64?

Anything made by Activision was supreme. Kaboom, Megamania, Pitfall, and the all-time greatest, Decathalon. I remember how psyched I was when my mom bought me that game and hid it in my lunchbox. Ah, the cramps you would get from the last event. Wore out a couple of joysticks playing that one.

A great moment from my childhood years…playing Combat with my grandmother using tanks and setting her up so you could shoot the tank consecutive times and she couldn’t move away. We still get cracked up about that!

Any by the way, E.T. RULED!!!

Anything made by Activision was supreme. Kaboom, Megamania, Pitfall, and the all-time greatest, Decathalon. I remember how psyched I was when my mom bought me that game and hid it in my lunchbox. Ah, the cramps you would get from the last event. Wore out a couple of joysticks playing that one.

A great moment from my childhood years…playing Combat with my grandmother using tanks and setting her up so you could shoot the tank consecutive times and she couldn’t move away. We still get cracked up about that!

There was another Indiana Jones-type game that was a blast

Pitfall? Man I was an Atari junky… wll Atari, coleco, the first Nintendo and Sega … Still have my Atari and Nintendo and can get games for something like 1$CAN!!!

Mike Mann

Remember when everyone thought that “Pong” was so high tech?

Mike I was watching a little kid play with a hand held electronic game recently and thinking back when I got pong–how excited I was. I tried to explain to the kid, but I don’t think he understood. Guess this means I’m getting old…lol

props to ct for chiming in with pit fall that game kicked ass.

hey how could we forget Centipede?

creak…creak…creak…creak

['Cake slowly backs off the porch, being careful not to let any of the geezers trod on his toes with a rocker…]

“Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days”

~ Doug Larson

When I was REALLY little (like 3 or 4) me and my dad would play a game I had called Dragster, and you could call in your top times, that was addictive wanting to get on there.

right behind ya cupcake…