At What Point Do You Think You Are "Qualified" to Give Out Advice?

awwww isn’t that cute he’s trying to talk wike a widdle gwon up

3 Likes

Do you have anything intelligent to say or…?

na, just busting your balls a little bit, junior.

Why, do you?

7 Likes

The toys do come alive, there are 3 documentaries about it. You should check them out.

6 Likes

This thread is way better than work on a Monday morning !!

1 Like

Turns out it really didn’t. Imagine my non-surprise when I see T Nation’s Facebook page this morning, where they posted an article about squat-stance deadlifts, and I notice this gem of a comment from a familiar face:

Two other guys there replied to you, pointing out that it has nothing to do with being a pussy and has everything to do with leverage, body mechanics, and force production. And your only follow up was “LOL.”

So either you’re still clueless and think you’re in any position to say what’s right or wrong in training, or you’re playing Internet tough guy by making mindless insults and random comments online. Neither of those scenarios are a good look. The sooner you drop the act, the better.

And not that you’re going to care, but the deadlift stance that article talked about was used by Ed Coan who most agree is the greatest powerlifter of all-time but, by your estimation, is a pussy.

9 Likes

It was a joke

Jeez chris colucci ever gonna stop with the flaming?

Turns out you just like flaming on a kid? I actually am thankful for advice and it did show me a new perspective but anyhow ur forum director say what you want

I thought it was pretty funny. I love reading idiotic comments about lifting posted by people who don’t know anything about lifting. Keep 'em coming!

I’m pretty sure this is in his job description. What did you expect? A million likes or something?

3 Likes

Not trying to flame you, man. I’m just saying, there was this whole big go-around with everyone pointing out why it’s not cool to tell people they’re doing something wrong, you basically say “Okay I get it”, and then on Facebook, you crack a joke-that-really-didn’t-read-as-a-joke telling people they’re doing something wrong. So it really doesn’t seem that you get it.

2 Likes

Times to give advice:

1. when asked
  2. when someone is going to get someone killed

Come on man, don’t take us for idiots. It’s pretty clear you weren’t joking. Trolling at best. Which is not a great thing.

And there’s a difference between ‘flaming’ and ‘calling you out’. Calling you out on BS you think you can slip by people like us is generally what’s happened in this thread. It’s easier to fool your peer group than it is to fool us. Just another mark of immaturity. Not stupidity, but immaturity.

I like telling you stories about when I was a young lad. When I was in high school, I essentially plagiarized poetry, song lyrics, etc, and called them my own. It was a thing that was possible back in the day, because google wasn’t around. I got out of that habit very quickly when I got into my 20’s, after getting publicly called out for my bullshit. And I learned from it.

4 Likes

Fair enough aha i wrote it because i see alot of comments and memes saying if you PR on deadlift if its Sumo it doesnt count and " conventional is the only way " so i thought since all these jokes i see going around maybe others see them to??

Dude i was joking seriously! I have no where ever attempted to troll any of you even in this thread! The facebook comment was literally a joke just like the thousands of jokes you see other people doing on other facebook posts. Just for a little fun thats all

I am literally not trying to fool anyone man

There was a fantastic SNL skit with Chris Farley that centered on this.

Ah the 90s.

1 Like

Well you didn’t fool anyone, so, yeah.

I’m a father of a grown son. He also did something similar when he was young. I made him go and talk to that person face to face. I’ve never seen a kid so afraid in his life. He learned, he grew and realized what he did was not “funny” or a “joke”.

I hope you either grow up or get off the internet and start volunteering your time.

You have too much time on your hands and/or bored and are using that time to amuse yourself in a negative matter. And in case you didn’t know, seeking negative attention is just as bad as bullying.

And no, don’t answer. Just do.

4 Likes

This might be a good juncture to discuss noise to signal ratio.

Pink noise or white noise?

Smiley face and all that.

(Ex recording engineer, btw)