T Nation

At What Dosage Does Testosterone Aromatize?

I take 1c.c. 200mg’s a week on a trt program.my dr.v advises me that at biological doses there is no need for an aromataze inhibitor,and if i develope side affect’s he’ll treat when required.There is a BIG sdifference between use and abuse of testosterone.

[quote]johnny k53 wrote:
I take 1c.c. 200mg’s a week on a trt program.my dr.v advises me that at biological doses there is no need for an aromataze inhibitor,and if i develope side affect’s he’ll treat when required.There is a BIG sdifference between use and abuse of testosterone.[/quote]

60-80 mgs per week is what I am now recommending to Drs less conversion less issues. (depending on other variables)

Good luck man…my first doc believed the same thing and on 200mg of Test over a period of months it went through the roof…then I finally convinced them with info from here about using Adex as well HCG…problem solved and labs way better and I felt million times better…

Dont neglect an AI or your estrogen most likely will creep up on you…I hear guys who do steroid cycles at lower doses dont use them always, but maybe if they go 8 or 10 weeks with certain steroids or Test dose individually their body doesnt end up with more estrogen, but long term on TRT its gonna climb is my bet and better to control it now

It really depends upon the person, on 4pmps of Androgel 1.62 I got to 83 on the Quest 12-47 scale in one month.
That is supposedly on 8mg of test being absorbed over a 24 hour period.

200 mg per week is not really TRT for most normal guys, but really a permanent “cycle”, and it may cause health problems for you in the long term besides E2. You should get blood work and you should not go above the normal healthy T range. Compensating a too high T dose by using aromatase inhibitors is not the answer. If you can, it is better to reduce your T dose to where E2 isn’t a problem like HAN said.

You truly think its standard regardless of T levels, size, genetics, etc that everyone on TRT should be 100mg week or 150mg week? So that equates to 200mg week being a cycle? Wow…

I know plenty of folks on more than me, and plenty on a little less…

I am not above the normal range of T, and even all the doctors who have evaluated me guess that if they had my T levels prior to health issues, I am probably naturally far above that of any normal range…been a while since I did labs so dont have numbers on hand. I did labs every 3-4 months for two years and once stuff stabilized and i felt great cooled off it

But I guess how do you define “normal”? I am not your average Joe…Ive been a competitive athlete my entire life and even at 17 years old was 235 pounds at 5’10 and squatting in the 500s and cleaning in the 300s as a teenager all natural. Im only 245 lbs right now and 38 years old. So Im only 10lbs above what I was 20 years ago, and pretty much the entire time have been 220-245 my adult life.

with my natural levels shut down or super low, adding in 200mg shutting down whatever levels I had left, 200mg for me might put me smack in the middle range.

So all the 160lb guys getting 100mg week or 150mg week are not on a permanent cycle just because they are 50mg less than me and Im nearly 100lbs more than them bodyweight? Are you a doctor? Im all ears for why thats too much and why you think its a cycle? Im not bigger or stronger than Ive been at any point in my life, just feeling normal after going through serious medical issues that killed my immune system, digestive system, and hormones.

That’s why I said MOST guys and that he should go according to blood work. Too many TRT doctors and chop shops put everybody on 200 mg regardless not for the good of the patient but because they are shady operators. 200 mg is twice the average normal dose. There are exceptions such as you but they are few and far between.

I think my doc said most patients are on 100mg-150mg…but what if they are life long pencil necks and ectomorphs and far less body mass then me? He thinks 200mg for me isnt anything special at all, but thats as far as he wants to go unless we had level of my T when I was healthy and before my injuries so he could justify taking me above 200mg.

200mg is working fine so I am in no need to go more.

Ive dropped it down before slowly, hoping Id feel normal and get off T all together…but hit a point that I felt like ass, lost mental energy and started feeling depressed or sad like before I lost strength in the gym…my doc explained stuff I cant remember about Test being tied into neurotransmitters and maybe other hormones that impact mood and such…so it was weird, dropping my levels I felt a cognitive effect and not a drop in physical performance…so I jumped back up to 200mg…

At some point if I found someone I could afford who was an “expert” in restarts I might give that a shot…Id love to not have to do this.