At a Crossroads.

Ok be honest with me here, I’m sure some of you have heard you say that I want to be an IFBB pro. But my question is can I get there by just running small 6-8 week cycles like 3 times a year? I keep seeing stuff that BBB and others are doing where they have like 5 different compounds along with HGH.

Do I need to just decide at some point to stay on for longer periods of time and essentially take the proverbial plunge into the deep end of steroid of use?

I am happy with how I am progressing, I would say I look pretty damn good for 19 but obviously no where near even national caliber.

Should I just keep trucking, tweak my diet, and see how thing go, or do I need to start doing like 12-15 weeks cycles at 2g+ a week of various compounds?

I just want to make sure I’m on the right path to achieve my dream, and being just a “recreational” user, I don’t see that happening.

So far I’ve run an 8 week cycle of sust for 8 weeks at 500 mg/week and a 6 weeker of test e at 1g/week.

This is a tough issue for me so any help from my boys in the steroid forum would be much appreciated.

What are your stats?

[quote]soontobeIFBB wrote:
What are your stats?[/quote]

6’2 280 at around 13%. BF is estimated, have a pretty visible 6 pack when flexed. I’ll post a recent pic for you, from 275.

If your stats are truly accurate, then I would say that you can get there without extremely heavy steroid use, based primarily on your current size and the fact that you should be able to gather 25-30 lbs of muscle in a couple years on what you’re doing already.

Cut from 300 at your current bf level, and you should end up with 250+ lbs of contest ready muscle.

I don’t think it’s wise to just jump into giganto cycles. I mean, I see BBB and other vets do so, but I think a large part of that is their curiosity and desire to experiment on themselves. I can respect that kind of scientific curiosity, but I think if you’re getting good results doing what you’re doing, then there’s no real reason to go off the deep end.

Being on the same bus, right behind you on the left, that you’re in I have something to offer brother. You have to keep on trucking. There are several factors that you have to consider. Namely your current economic, legal, and social environment.

You have to remind yourself one fact constantly, you’re only 19. I would beat myself over this until I began to remind myself I’m only 20. “FUCK I need to gain faster” “This or that isn’t catching up” etc, etc. You have to realize that your young bro.

Time is still on your side. You also have to realize that with our frames, we are both the same size, we need to come in filled out and in shape to the best of our abilities or else the smaller man that is on will hand us our asses.

As for the gear aspect of it, (IMO) this boils down to how much mass you gain on what and for how long and how the body reacts off. Its user specific. Another man’s plate might not be what works for you. More isn’t always better. As for blast and cruising, you need to have a steady, almost secured supply.

Due to the current legal environment regarding gear, one little speed bump with LE is enough to throw a wrench in the gears. As we progress, our bodies change, even more attention is drawn to us socially i.e. the kid at the gym looking to score gear because you happen to be one of the big guys.

A rookie on a mission to make you an example is all you’ll need mate. One willing to expose whatever he needs to expose in order to get a little star by his name. This choice also carries the proverbial “point of no return”. Recovery can be almost impossible and if does it will be severly under the ranges of the norm if you were on for prolonged periods of time, IMO and based on my research.

(Actually you’ll probably end up on TRT if you do come off and if you find an endo that will offer the help) You have stay in the race. Time is still on your side. Set goals that are time-bound so you can fight towards them.

Example: I need to be primed for dieting mid 1st quarter of 2010. As for the gear, I can’t give you a winning formula because I don’t know your body (no homo). More gear at longer cycles might not be the answer. If you?re off, tweak the diet, the training and train like you?re still on: heavy and hard.

Then jump back in on another sensible cycle, add a different compound or several, increase dosages, and see what happens, but remain hungry and fight for your goals. For one day, you?ll realize you?re there and you?re doing it. Cheers

-GB

Well shit I tried posting a pic and stats like an hour ago and it still hasn’t been posted…grrr

So far I have only used test so in about a month or 2 I am going to run test/dbol/tren and then re-evaluate.

My line of thinking is that I am already ahead of the curve and I don’t want to slow down. For instance, guys like Trey Brewer and Brandon Curry were in there early 20’s when they competed and made a huge splash. Had they done the same when they were near 30, they probably would have just sank back into the ranks and not had much hype.

I just want to stay ahead of the game. Staying off AAS for long periods of times or just using light cycles in my mind won’t cut it.

good stuff, thanks GB

I knew a guy who just from appearance and specs had similar genetics to you apart from the height. He was getting ready to compete at a national level when he had an injury which has now removed him from competition…and I’m getting off topic.

Anyways, he did not go off of gear completely, he cruised between cycles but his cycles were always short (8 weeks typical, rarely 10 weeks) and he never ran more than 1g of test and 500mg of tren per week that I know of. Considerably less than most “recreational users” are taking.

Props to you for making the gains you have in such a short time, keep it up!

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
good stuff, thanks GB[/quote]

Yeah mate, if your at 275 at 13, I would fight towards 310 or better at no more than 15. Cut from there and see at what weight you look best. When working towards 300+ I would make the mirror your friend. Constantly looking at what you need to improve on to stay symmetrical and do the best to work with your shape. You really have to zero in on your training.

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir, but when you have competitive aspirations training takes a whole different meaning. It becomes more than merely “working out”. You get closer to using the term, “bodybuilder” to describe yourself IMO. Certain bodyparts take priority over others.

Like I said before my advice is to set several physique goals and set one master plan thats time bound in motion. You’re already ahead of the curb at 275 at 13.

As for the gear, I would personally prefer several 8 week bulkers spaced out with 4 weeks in between than one gigantic cycle. It gives me some room to pull the plug and taper down and hope that endo production reboots.

Waylander off topic buddy but just curious what do you eat in a day?

Also your going to be looking out of this world come your Tren cycle.

Well shit I tried posting a pic and stats like an hour ago and it still hasn’t been posted…grrr

So far I have only used test so in about a month or 2 I am going to run test/dbol/tren and then re-evaluate.

My line of thinking is that I am already ahead of the curve and I don’t want to slow down. For instance, guys like Trey Brewer and Brandon Curry were in there early 20’s when they competed and made a huge splash. Had they done the same when they were near 30, they probably would have just sank back into the ranks and not had much hype.

I just want to stay ahead of the game. Staying off AAS for long periods of times or just using light cycles in my mind won’t cut it.[/quote]

Well, I hear you. But damnit you’re 19! Fucking 19! You know how rare it is to become a pro under 25 years of age? You’re set up in a great position. Just keep growing as you are, make it to 300-310, and cut. Hell you could take 4 years to bulk more and then cut and still compete well.

IMO if you’re already this big you really don’t need to do crazy gear cycles. I realize you’re already using so of course I’m not going to try and talk you out of it b/c you’re already on. But really, even on a few “regular” steroid cycles, you’re going to put 30+ pounds on in a year or 2. Even if you only keep 10 lbs of each cycle. 3 8 week cycles, 10 lbs each = 305 lb bodyweight inside a year.

I mean, if you want to gain faster, then yeah I guess go for longer/stronger cycles (I still really don’t think you need 2g a week. AT ALL). But the bottom line is that you’re super young with great size already, and you really don’t need a giant jump in progress to get where you want to go before you start cutting down.

As far as the cycles go, if you’re set on it, then I’d suggest the next one be a Test/Tren/Mast combo instead of only test/tren with a dbol kickstart. You’ll probably end up feeling like a god while on, and the Mast will add extra hardness. Besides if you find that tren gives you horrible sides you can drop it and the masteron will take a good bit of the burden pretty easily. Many people who can’t handle tren really, really like masteron as a replacement for it.

Btw, you might want to blur your face out of the picture :slight_smile:

Thanks aragorn and GB good advice all around. My goal right now is to hit 300 by august assuming by budget allows it and I’ll keep you guys filled in. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

DaddyDrew I’m about to change it up a tad, eat a little cleaner, but so far this is what I have been eating.

-3 meals of w/e the cafeteria has. Protein/carbs with two 32 oz glasses of 2% milk with each meal.
-b/w each meal I will have a shake, 550 cals 46g P and 92g C 3g fat, I have four of these.
-I drink an extra gallon of whole milk throughout the day, usually between classes when I’m sitting in my room
-Dinner is either 2 personal pepperoni pizzas from pizza hut or 2 grilled chicken sandwichs from chick fila a

I don’t know the macros or cals but I know it’s a heavy carb diet with lots of calories hah

Thats great progress for 19. I think it comes down to genetics and determination/dedication. No amount of drugs will make you a pro and many pros turned pro while “natural”. Keep doing what you’re doing, small cycles and try new drugs to see what works personally and what doesn’t. In a few years you should know if you have what it takes to turn pro and you can zero in on what you need to do to make that happen. That might mean bigger cycles, but not now. Finally, don’t put your name and face out there as a guy trying for pro and talk in-depth about your drug use. It would be nice if everone could be honest and out there like prisoner, but it’s not the best policy.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
Thats great progress for 19. I think it comes down to genetics and determination/dedication. No amount of drugs will make you a pro and many pros turned pro while “natural”. Keep doing what you’re doing, small cycles and try new drugs to see what works personally and what doesn’t. In a few years you should know if you have what it takes to turn pro and you can zero in on what you need to do to make that happen. That might mean bigger cycles, but not now. Finally, don’t put your name and face out there as a guy trying for pro and talk in-depth about your drug use. It would be nice if everone could be honest and out there like prisoner, but it’s not the best policy.[/quote]

yah that’s true. That’s why my profile is set to private, I just put the pic up to satisfy IFBB’s query. I’ll try to be more careful, thanks man.

I don’t have much advice as far as what kind of drug protocol you should get into but I will say that you have time on your side.

Don’t make any rash decisions that may help in the short term but would set you back in the long run.

For all I know you have never dieted down to contest shape. You really don’t know exactly what muscle groups are lagging or which are ahead of the others. What I mean to say is that you shouldn’t commit to ‘pro-style’ drug use yet when there may be other aspects of bodybuilding you need to prioritize.

I know you know this but I think it is especially important, for young guys, to have every single thing sorted out before you start devoting a lot of money and effort on drugs.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Btw, you might want to blur your face out of the picture :)[/quote]

I can’t agree more with my man Aragorn mate. Many eyes are on our posts.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
Btw, you might want to blur your face out of the picture :slight_smile:

I can’t agree more with my man Aragorn mate. Many eyes are on our posts. [/quote]

will do thanks for the heads up

See I think part of it is jealousy haha, you get to hear about the big cycles that some of the vets on here run and you are just like Damn, I want some of that.

Oh well I’ll get over it. Off to 300 lbs I go!

Thanks aragorn and GB good advice all around. My goal right now is to hit 300 by august assuming by budget allows it and I’ll keep you guys filled in. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

DaddyDrew I’m about to change it up a tad, eat a little cleaner, but so far this is what I have been eating.

-3 meals of w/e the cafeteria has. Protein/carbs with two 32 oz glasses of 2% milk with each meal.
-b/w each meal I will have a shake, 550 cals 46g P and 92g C 3g fat, I have four of these.
-I drink an extra gallon of whole milk throughout the day, usually between classes when I’m sitting in my room
-Dinner is either 2 personal pepperoni pizzas from pizza hut or 2 grilled chicken sandwichs from chick fila a

I don’t know the macros or cals but I know it’s a heavy carb diet with lots of calories hah[/quote]

Ah yes, the old gallon of milk trick. That was a favorite of mine in school as well. Did the job well. I think massive quantities of milk + PL style lifting is what’s kept my bones from breaking when I get into stupid accidents in every day life lol :wink:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I don’t have much advice as far as what kind of drug protocol you should get into but I will say that you have time on your side.

Don’t make any rash decisions that may help in the short term but would set you back in the long run.

For all I know you have never dieted down to contest shape. You really don’t know exactly what muscle groups are lagging or which are ahead of the others. What I mean to say is that you shouldn’t commit to ‘pro-style’ drug use yet when there may be other aspects of bodybuilding you need to prioritize.

I know you know this but I think it is especially important, for young guys, to have every single thing sorted out before you start devoting a lot of money and effort on drugs. [/quote]

I think you need to lean up some, and see where you are at that point. Some times it is the case that one thinks they are at a certain point of progression, when they are really further behind (or ahead). It may turn out that once in quasi-competition shape, you are lighter than you would imagine, or you have a very noticeable muscle imbalance that needs addressing.

I am not saying you need to get down to striated glutes conditioning, just within sight of it. Dieting for a contest can be very difficult for some, and it seems to get easier each time you do it, and I think it is important to start.
Also, it is much healthier to be lean and gain “clean” weight. The all out bulk that some bodybuilders go on can be a great strain to the cardiovascular system and is just not healthy IMO.

I think long term damage to your heart should be your biggest issue, not your endocrine system.