T Nation

Astonishing X-men: Gifted

I was gonna put this in the Geek Sh*t thread but I didn't want it to get swallowed up. I just got finished watching this on Hulu, it's a very well done motion comic based on the X-men comic, written by Joss Whedon. I had my doubts but once it said for Mature Audiences only I was sold.

The animation is pulled straight from the comic and is done well with what they have, and the story is engrossing. I think my fellow comic fans will enjoy this. They have 6 episodes currently up on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/106671/astonishing-x-men-gifted-episode-1#s-p2-so-i0

This a new series? Made after the recent Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon?

Nah it's ripped straight from the Comic books. Totally independent of the Wolverine and the X-men series.(Which by the way has been renewed for another season yay!)

If I'm correct, this is from a X-men story arch a couple years ago after Jean Grey died. I might need my fellow comic book geeks to back me up on this one.

I just finished watching the entire 6 episodes today and X I would sincerely suggest you give them a try, great story, excellent voice acting, and EXACTLY what the X-men should be, RAW. My only complaint is that the episodes are kinda short.

Too much Wolverine for my blood.

Pity there on Hulu. Can't watch it from Germany. Sounds like it'd be a good way to pass the time, though.

Banging German chicks is a better way to pass time.

I have to disagree.

WHAT!?????????????? Does not compute!

Yes. I read this storyline 2 or 3 years ago. Great stuff. Thanks!

Woverine and the X-Men season 2 is supposed to premier in the fall, I think.

They're also bringing in Deadpool from what I gather.....

Well just watched all the episodes available on Hulu, time well spent. The animation style took a few minutes to get used to, but provided some great images (Emma Frost in the starlight). Good find and thanks for posting it.