T Nation

Assistance Work on Deload Week

Hello tomorrow will be my first deload week
i read that i only do the 5 3 1 with 40 , 50 and 60 % of the max. Weight and i dont go all out in any of these sets. So my question is if i only do this few sets or if i should/could do the 1-2 assisantce works i do normally?! Thx

Understand the purpose of the deload and this will answer itself.

Do what needs to be done. No more, no less.

How you feel and what you need is impossible to answer: refuel/reload/rejuvenate the machine.

Thx
I will do the 531 and 4-5 easy bodyweight sets and let at least 2-3 reps in the tank
P.s.: i spoke with my coach and he said i should reduce the weight training a bit and should concentrate more and more on boxing

[quote]Janis79 wrote:
Thx
I will do the 531 and 4-5 easy bodyweight sets and let at least 2-3 reps in the tank
P.s.: i spoke with my coach and he said i should reduce the weight training a bit and should concentrate more and more on boxing
[/quote]

Listen to your coach.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Janis79 wrote:
Thx
[/quote]

Listen to your coach.[/quote]

I feel like this is exactly what Jim told you last week.

Yes and i have done it i spoke with him and now i train 4 times at the box club and 3 days in the gym
Thx to all and jim i hope i will become a good fighter

[quote]Janis79 wrote:
Yes and i have done it i spoke with him and now i train 4 times at the box club and 3 days in the gym
Thx to all and jim i hope i will become a good fighter[/quote]

If I were you I’d cut it down even further, to lifting twice a week doing something like this:

Day 1-

press 531
deadlift 531
chin ups - 3x5, weighted

Day 2-

bench 531
squat 531
chin ups - 50 reps total (bodyweight)

Your 1RM is infinitely less important than your skills and your endurance for your goals.

Thanks for your post i will think about it but i would like to go 3 times a week with less volume and more focused on my conditioning.
I spoke with my coach he said 3 times a week would be ok because iam a boxing beginner and the beginners only train twice a week in the club. So i go 3 times to the gym and focus more on jumping rope treadmil and after a few months i will cut the gym time into twice a week and will go 3-4 times a week to the box club when the coachs say it to me

Thanks for your post i will think about it but i would like to go 3 times a week with less volume and more focused on my conditioning.
I spoke with my coach he said 3 times a week would be ok because iam a boxing beginner and the beginners only train twice a week in the club. So i go 3 times to the gym and focus more on jumping rope treadmil and after a few months i will cut the gym time into twice a week and will go 3-4 times a week to the box club when the coachs say it to me