Assistance in 5/3/1

Hey guys I got a question about 5/3/1 and acceptable assistance work volume.
My current days for Bench and Press days are as follows:

Bench Press 5/3/1
Bench Press 5x8,10, or pyramid style
Kroc Rows 5x15

Military Press 5/3/1
Close Grip Bench Press or J.M. PRESS 5x8
Pull ups 5x10
Face Pulls 2x12-15

I like doing normal bench press on my bench days to keep my form lockrd in, and i feel J.M. press and close grips give me some good tricep work and teach me how to push from harder positions at the bottom. I’m kind of vain about my shoulders though, and am always trying to get bigger. Would i be okay adding 2 or 3 sets of dumbell presses after close grips on military and and adding some face pulls on my first day to compensate for the extra pressing, or do you think I’d be overdoing volume? Thanks!

Looks good, go ahead and do everything you mentioned.

The purpose of Kroc Rows is to go very heavy and as many reps as possible, so either call it dumbell rows or change the 5 x 15 reps to 1-2 x as many as possible.

Cool thanks for the reply!

And to Backbone, alright, guess its dumbell rows. Might toss a massive set in ala kroc rows once in awhile though

add some high rep sets of lateral raises both days. It won’t raise your main lifts or interfere with them much, but they’ll widen your shoulders. DB shoulder press doesn’t much that isn’t accomplished by the other pressing work you’re doing

[quote]dank pinetar wrote:
And to Backbone, alright, guess its dumbell rows. Might toss a massive set in ala kroc rows once in awhile though[/quote]
That is a VERY good idea.

Thanks guys, everyone on here seems be very informative and thinks out what they suggest. I like the idea of the high rep lateral raises too. You all are certainly less troll-like and helpful than 2 other places i like to frequent.