T Nation

Assessing My Plan

Hello,

Long story short, weight has been a huge issue my whole life, I peaked out at 257lb when I was 18, now 26, I am sitting around the ~165lb mark. Lowest I got down to was 152 prior to Xmas/NYE.

I am chasing aesthetics. At 5’8", I think a realistic goal would be to aim for ~150lb @ 10% body fat. Right now I’m estimating my body fat to be in the low 20s. More skinny-fat than fat. Slight definition but very soft.

Plan of attack

Nutrition
Cut till 150, aiming for ~2000 calories a day. I’d be happy for my protein to be in the 100-150g window. Upon hitting 150, reverse diet, adding 100 calories per week until I hit maintenance levels. In this period of reverse dieting I am expecting to lose another 2-5lb. Once maintenance is achieved I will aim for a ~300 calorie surplus. Do not want to get any heavier than 160lb

Lifting
This is the part where I am honestly at a loss. I hear compelling arguments about fullbody routines (Starting Strength) and PPL routines for beginners. If these will produce roughly the same outcome, I can honestly see myself sticking more to a PPL routine.
Regardless of the program I’m on, I will be lifting incredibly light during the cutting phase and if things go to plan, by the time I start to reverse diet, the progression of my lifts will mean I will start to be lifting heavier which will sync up with when I eventually start to be in a surplus

Thank you for reading, looking forward to any suggestions that can help me achieve my goal.

WS4SB or CT’s Best Damn Program.

Thanks for those programs, they look like nothing I’ve seen before. CT’s looks intense, I’ll be committing to that one.