Ass To Grass - Weights

Haha, that’s gonna get some great comments on youtube…

I agree with Senseless’s assessment.

-Dan

Nice. This forum could use more people like you who are willing to back up thier statements with videos even when already in pajamas.

[quote]sensless wrote:
Classy_Cojones wrote:

My question does not refer to what I should be doing, but what ok, good and excellent numbers would be for the ideal 205 pounds strenght athlete.

OK = Double BW = 410lb
Good = 250% BW = 512.5lb
Excellent = Triple BW = 615lb

Regards,

Sensless

[/quote]

rezaza cant squat triple bodyweight wud u not call his squat excellent

[quote]superscience wrote:
sensless wrote:
Classy_Cojones wrote:

My question does not refer to what I should be doing, but what ok, good and excellent numbers would be for the ideal 205 pounds strenght athlete.

OK = Double BW = 410lb
Good = 250% BW = 512.5lb
Excellent = Triple BW = 615lb

Regards,

Sensless

rezaza cant squat triple bodyweight wud u not call his squat excellent
[/quote]

He has asked specifically about a 205lb man.

I would call rezaza (sic) a fantastic olympic lifter. I don’t know how much he can back squat, do you?

Regards,

Sensless

[quote]sensless wrote:
Kir Dog wrote:
I have never seen a person squat 2x bodyweight raw, atg.

Go watch this, then you can claim to have seen it. I filmed this just now for you.

Wearing my old man pajamas, doing very little warm up. The double bodyweight (and then a few pounds) ATG no no no squat.

Regards,

Sensless
[/quote]

Old man pajamas power. That was cool.

I got 2 reps at 180 kilos today ATG. Maybe had one more in the tank. My legs are going to be sore as hell for working out legs heavy twice in three days, but I just wanted to see.

So seeing how that was 2 reps ATG with 2 times BW, I have OK strenght. Sounds good for now.

http://poetry.rotten.com/weightlifter/

I’d recommend a lighter weight! :slight_smile:

That’s pretty f’n cool Senseless. I’m pretty impressed.

[quote]Kir Dog wrote:
I have never seen a person squat 2x bodyweight raw, atg.[/quote]

Wow. Really?

I’ve seen plenty of people do that. Two friends of mine compete in O-lifting, and they squat ATG raw. One is in the 69kg class and squats 405 ATG completely raw for five reps. He competed in powerlifting prior to O-lifting, and he squatted quite a bit more at 148lbs.

My other friend has squatted over 500lbs ATG raw. He competes at 220lbs.

I’ve also seen a few others do the same.

I’ve squatted 275 ATG for a 1RM at 5’4", 158lbs in January (getting close to 2x bodyweight!), and I’ve squatted 300-315 to parallel at the same weight. And I’m not even that strong (by my standards).

Many people can do it! You’re just missing out.

Yeah, I sure got some pretty sarcastic comments about never seeing (live…in person) someone squat 2x body weight a2g, raw.

My favorite was about lifting with real lifters. LOL.

If I had a camara I’d show off too.

Fuck off…err, uh, I mean have a nice day.

Love,
Kir Dog

[quote]sensless wrote:
Kir Dog wrote:

Go watch this, then you can claim to have seen it. I filmed this just now for you.

Wearing my old man pajamas, doing very little warm up. The double bodyweight (and then a few pounds) ATG no no no squat.

Regards,

Sensless
[/quote]

Now that’s walking the walk. I’m glad I’m not the only one who looks at his feet first before getting started.

[quote]Kir Dog wrote:
I have never seen a person squat 2x bodyweight raw, atg.[/quote]

I know you are trying to distance yourself from this comment now . . . and you’re riht
but I tell you in confidence:
That was a VERY PATHETIC thing to say!!!

you should visit some OLYMPIC LIFTING Gym, with decent, competetive, maybe even elite lifters to see some REAL squats!

[quote]sensless wrote:

Regards,

Sensless
[/quote]

You and your video REALLY cracked me up!
:slight_smile:

Good one! Love your pajamas . . . but foremost, the fact that you’re NOT willing to take crap and are ready to prove it (warm-up, go all the way with weihts, set up the camera, , make a shot, edit, post it online)!
Man, I’m your fan!

Best Regards,

[quote]FairDo wrote:
I know you are trying to distance yourself from this comment now . . . and you’re riht
but I tell you in confidence:
That was a VERY PATHETIC thing to say!!!

you should visit some OLYMPIC LIFTING Gym, with decent, competetive, maybe even elite lifters to see some REAL squats!

[/quote]

Get real! So what if he hasn’t seen it in real life. I’ve been a member of multiple commercial gyms and it’s rare to see anyone squat or deadlift, let alone pull double bodyweight. Not everyone trains at elite facilities. Some guys just want to look good naked and want to go to the local gym with all the other mere mortals to do so.

And imo the weight you use is not important. What is important is that you push your limits and continually strive for just 1 rep more and at least 2 more than you did last time.

As long as you’re progressing I couldn’t give a shit if you’re lifting 10kgs or 1000kgs. But obviously 1000kgs will be more impressive to look at.

wow that picture of the prolapsed anus was disturbing… im guessing you DO NOT suck your stomach in when squatting eh?

It’s not my fault that the gym I go to I rarely ever see someone squat atg and when someone does a 2x bodyweight the form is pathetic. Not my fault. It’s everyone else with the sloppy form and the need for a belt.

Distance my self?

[quote]sensless wrote:
Kir Dog wrote:

Regards,

Sensless
[/quote]

that was impressive man. Much props.I can do 2 reps @ 100kg ATG on Front squats hopefully doing more maximal strength type training in Autumn-winter so I can get the front squats to atleast 1.5 BW
To everyone else get real most people who go to commercial gyms when they squat, rack on way to much weight and dont even go down even close to parallell(1/4 squats would be more appropriate)
im a member of both a commercial. and an old school club where PLS,OL and BBs train and whats impressive at the commercial gym in terms of poundage is relatively mediocore/poor at the oldschool gym. ive seen some men do 3x bodyweight ATG squats here and it does inspire you to aim higher.

Again props to senseless, thought you werent going to make it for a second on the concentric(obviously you wouldnt have posted it then duh!). My eyes are still rubbing themselves in disbelief at seeing a proper ATG squat after the horrors it seen at the gym today(im a part time free-lance trainer, me and my client saw this guy put on 150kg, do a quarter squat, walk around the gym as if he was the bees knees and then a few minutes later put on 200 kg and barely did a 1/4 squat and then went back to a 100kg and did not even go half way(parallell) and just aboout did 3-4 reps)

[quote]sensless wrote:
Kir Dog wrote:

Regards,

Sensless
[/quote]

You are the man Sensless!

In more strength oriented gyms, a 2X atg squat is gonna be more common, but I am the the only person I’ve seen do it in my gym. A couple of guys have good PL form, but haven’t seen any atg.

btw, I am at a 405 back sq at 190bw and 345 fr sq atg no no no.

[quote]Sxio wrote:

Get real! So what if he hasn’t seen it in real life. I’ve been a member of multiple commercial gyms and it’s rare to see anyone squat or deadlift, let alone pull double bodyweight. Not everyone trains at elite facilities. Some guys just want to look good naked and want to go to the local gym with all the other mere mortals to do so.

And imo the weight you use is not important. What is important is that you push your limits and continually strive for just 1 rep more and at least 2 more than you did last time.

As long as you’re progressing I couldn’t give a shit if you’re lifting 10kgs or 1000kgs. But obviously 1000kgs will be more impressive to look at. [/quote]

This is a thread specifically about the amount of weight used, so it is rather relevant in this topic.

Personally, I think that if someone has been training for 11 years and weighs in around 200lbs, they should be able to hit a double bodyweight ATG squat (yes, I’m talking about you Kir Dog). If you can do it yourself, then you’ve seen it. If you’ve been training that long and you haven’t seen it (or done it), I think you should look at going to a new training facility to learn some new training methods/programs so you can start making some progress. Look specifically for one that is for athletes or serious trainers.

If you are just trying to look good naked, stay at the damn Bally’s where nobody squats at all and stay away from the serious weightlifters (stay on the treadmill and your 1800 calories a day).

Regards,

Sensless

at my gym, i squat the most…no shit…and i only squat 260 for a 8x3

im hoping to do 235 for 4x6 in my next program…i weigh in at 181 lbs and play aussie rules football…pathetic i know but no one in my gym concentrates on legs…its all bench and curls…blokes can bench 315 lbs but have legs like broom sticks.

Im busting my ass and trying to lift amap each time.

the best squat i have seen live is my own…quite sad.