T Nation

Aspiration

Out of curiosity how many of you guys still Aspirate?

Natural selection implies all of us still here still aspirate.

Why would you ever not?

Aspiration is why people shouldn’t talk while they’re eating/drinking. Or try to breathe while vomitting.

I always do.

Yeah every time bro… lol

Flame away… I know I should and I seriously know I should but, I dont. Doctor who showed me how to inject and taught my wife to give me injections never said anything about it and went a few years before anyone ever even brought it up to my attention. I did it a few times after it being brought to my attention and then slowly but surely just stopped doing it. Never had a problem.

I do. Always, mostly out of habit but still. I’d say I get blood about 1 time out of 40. So good enough to do it. I remember a “freak streak” when I happen to be in a vein 3 different times in a row. Besides that, very infrequent but why NOT do it?

What I want to know is if there are tricks to avoid the small bruising that often happens, lasting for a few days, that is a dead give away that I injected?

Well I guess because I didn’t find out until recently that they don’t even teach aspiration techniques anymore for nurses when doing IM injections.

[quote]SwD wrote:
I do. Always, mostly out of habit but still. I’d say I get blood about 1 time out of 40. So good enough to do it. I remember a “freak streak” when I happen to be in a vein 3 different times in a row. Besides that, very infrequent but why NOT do it?

What I want to know is if there are tricks to avoid the small bruising that often happens, lasting for a few days, that is a dead give away that I injected?

[/quote]

What size pin are you using… I have never gotten a bruise or anything like that. Got a lump once in my glute but I hardly ever even bleed any at all.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Flame away… I know I should and I seriously know I should but, I dont. Doctor who showed me how to inject and taught my wife to give me injections never said anything about it and went a few years before anyone ever even brought it up to my attention. I did it a few times after it being brought to my attention and then slowly but surely just stopped doing it. Never had a problem. [/quote]

Inject into a vein even a small amount just once and I promise you will start aspirating.

[quote]SwD wrote:

[/quote]

Same here it has been very rare, but it only takes half a second to do.

Have no idea there bro never had that issue. Never had a bruise from injecting EVER.

ohhhhhhhh that kind of aspiration.

I feel like an idiot.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
Flame away… I know I should and I seriously know I should but, I dont. Doctor who showed me how to inject and taught my wife to give me injections never said anything about it and went a few years before anyone ever even brought it up to my attention. I did it a few times after it being brought to my attention and then slowly but surely just stopped doing it. Never had a problem. [/quote]

Inject into a vein even a small amount just once and I promise you will start aspirating. [/quote]

I,believe you completely Bauber and am not debating it at all lol just haven’t ever before and have never had the problem and hopefully stays that,way.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Well I guess because I didn’t find out until recently that they don’t even teach aspiration techniques anymore for nurses when doing IM injections.[/quote]

Bingo. When I was being shown how to inject for my TRT the nurse ran through it step by step. When she failed to mention aspiration I questioned her on it. She laughed and said she’s done thousands of injections and never aspirated so for a moment common sense eluded me. It was only when I questioned her on missing out ‘sterilise injection site’ from the list and she gave the same answer that I thought WHAT??!?!

I looked it up; neither are required of any NHS nurse giving IM injections. Seems bizarre to me.

I still do both though.

But I must admit I’m never 100% sure I’ve aspirated properly and always rush it since I don’t like wobbling a needle around inside my ass/leg for too long. Any tips? (Go easy on me I’m new to this!)

[quote]SwD wrote:

[/quote]

Push until you get a bead of oil at the tip of the syringe, this will lube it on the way in (lol). If your bruises are tiny purple circles thats normally what it is.

I dont know how you guys asp. your delts and gluts. I can hardly fucking reach either location, let alone aspirate. I usually just shoot the quad so i can aspirate.

I’d love to shoot delts but i can barely reach with 1 hand, and not even sure i could inject. Gluts i can do but no way i can aspirate.

Always slin pins for me too.

Advice?

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

Inject into a vein even a small amount just once and I promise you will start aspirating. [/quote]

I,believe you completely Bauber and am not debating it at all lol just haven’t ever before and have never had the problem and hopefully stays that,way.[/quote]

Haha well if it Ain’t broke don’t fix it as my granddad always used to say.

[quote]Ned wrote:
I dont know how you guys asp. your delts and gluts. I can hardly fucking reach either location, let alone aspirate. I usually just shoot the quad so i can aspirate.

I’d love to shoot delts but i can barely reach with 1 hand, and not even sure i could inject. Gluts i can do but no way i can aspirate.

Always slin pins for me too.

Advice?[/quote]

So many people talk about having issues shooting glutes and delts. I can do both and aspirate both with little trouble. And I am fairly large…

LARGE you are my friend!

Curious as to how you do it. One handed? I’m sure ill stir the shit out of it the first few tries but i could probably figure it out if thats way to get it done. My quads get sick of me.

And I guess another qualm I have about aspiration is that, it feels like I have to put alot of fucking effort to bring that plunger back just a little bit and i hate the fact that the needle moves a little bit while doing it makes me paranoid I might give my self some muscle trauma from the needle.