Asparagus Pee

Maybe it’s been discussed before, maybe not.
Had a big-ass helping of asparagus with my chicken for breakfast today. About 2 hours later I had to take a piss and------
Wow, Damn, Holy Schnikies!
Getting pretty bad when you got to light a match for a piss.

Just thought I’d share.

Yeah I’ve had asparagus three times this week (so sue me it’s tasty) and the nasty byproduct is the smelly pee.

Ding! You just connected the dots for me! I have been wondering if I had a bladder infection or something. Maybe its that asparagus!

That shit is rank!

(Not asparagus, the asparagus pee)

Asparagus piss! A few years ago a buddy of mine came over after dinner and used my bathroom. When he came out it smelled soo bad, I said to him, “couldn’t you have waited to take a dump at your own place.” He then explained to me the marvel that is “asparagus piss.”

Interesting asparagus fact to know and tell:

Only 43% of the population carries the gene responsible for making asparagus piss.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:

Only 43% of the population carries the gene responsible for making asparagus piss.

[/quote]

Where do you find your obscure facts, TC? And who in the hell thought to research that? Oh well, count me in that 43%. Asparagus pissers, unite!!

You think that’s bad. You should eat a bunch of fresh beets, not the canned ones. I thought I was shitting blood! My 2 year old likes them because it turns her diapers red.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:

[/quote]

Only you can get away with writing something so “serious” and making us puke with laughter.

So what happens if you eat tons of asparagus and beets at the same meal?

[quote]HoosierFan wrote:
Atomic Dog wrote:

Where do you find your obscure facts, TC? And who in the hell thought to research that? Oh well, count me in that 43%. Asparagus pissers, unite!![/quote]

I have this weird gift (curse?) for remembering odd little facts that are probably of little use.

Here is the answer - if you understand it. I struggled…

http://allergyadvisor.com/Educational/April03.htm

:wink:
Makkun

There is a cereal that I used to eat as a kid that made my piss really smell. I want to say it was Cocoa Puffs, or maybe Sugar Smacks or something like that.

I just called an old friend to find to try and find out the answer to that one.

Anyone have this experience?

Asparagus isn’t the only thing that can make your pee smell like the food you ate!

I’ve noticed that a large serving of tuna will also cause “tuna pee” and that is just as bad as asparagus pee!

I like asparagus pee. It has a mesmerizing aroma that makes me high when I leave the bathroom.

Well… there’s such a thing as “Milk Bones” pee, too.

Besides, there’s a definitive advantage to them: although you have to get over the fact that it’s a dog treat, there’s something in “milk BONES” that gives you an edge… if you catch my drift.

But it works only if you “consume” them analy, sort of like a suppository… Or so I was told… (I never tried such a sick thing. No way. Never. Not me…)

On the beets thing…

One time, when I was a kid, my Mom went to make a Red Waldorf Cake (damn yummy!), except this time she realized she had run out of red food coloring. So she made a Green Waldorf Cake.

Nobody would touch thing thing, it looked nasty. Except me, of course. I had the whole damn thing to myself! I mean, heck, it tasted exactly the same!

I crapped green all week.

[quote]beerbarbq wrote:
There is a cereal that I used to eat as a kid that made my piss really smell. I want to say it was Cocoa Puffs, or maybe Sugar Smacks or something like that.

I just called an old friend to find to try and find out the answer to that one.

Anyone have this experience?[/quote]

Smacks. Definitely.

Makkun

I ate so much pizza once that for the next few days I shit hot pockets…j/k

Mint chocolate chip ice cream will turn my dooty green as hell every time!

When I used to eat fresh beets at my cousins house (straight out of his garden) we would both be pissing blood red. It was pretty damn cool, but the damn things were nasty tasting.

V

Yeah! I always get that! I kinda like it too.