T Nation

Asking a Girl Out

I know T-Nation loves these threads so I thought I would add to GAL.

have another acct but wanted to make another one.

cliffnotes: Asking out older chick at gym

-im 21
-girl is 23 or could be 24 going on 25
-we’ve only talked twice briefly
-she’s newly single

my plan of action is to just go up to her and be really forward with her. Ask if I could take her out sometime for a drink. Like I’ve said we have talked very briefly and I know she just became single because someone told me. Figure its my time. She is older but from what I have heard about her I like. we dont go at the same time so I never have much time to start a convo and I go to the gym to lift not socialize so this will be a first.

Anybody here ever ask out an older girl at the gym?

just be genuine, with it and make sure to have solid rapport before just jumping the gun, If you don’t enough qualification and connection and just go for it at a gym you may come across gamey… Yoga classes, gyms, and all that are actually pretty easy because they don’t put up a shield like when you are doing all that stuff in bars and clubs.

So focus more on trying to connect and relate to her rather then trying to do “pick up” be as natural as possible and straight forward… She knows why you are really talking to her anyways lol

Hey, I wanna see, better do, XYZ, this Monday, Friday, whatsitsface…

Wanna join me?

Cool, I could pick you up at 1800 or we could meet there.

Rocket surgery, thats what it is.

How much money do have that I could not lie her pants off?

Cause, that would be much easier.

[quote]orion wrote:
Hey, I wanna see, better do, XYZ, this Monday, Friday, whatsitsface…

Wanna join me?

Cool, I could pick you up at 1800 or we could meet there.

Rocket surgery, thats what it is. [/quote]

Well thats what I’m saying. We have talked very very briefly. Would it be weird to go up to her and be like forward and ask her out to dinner?

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
just be genuine, with it and make sure to have solid rapport before just jumping the gun, If you don’t enough qualification and connection and just go for it at a gym you may come across gamey… Yoga classes, gyms, and all that are actually pretty easy because they don’t put up a shield like when you are doing all that stuff in bars and clubs.

So focus more on trying to connect and relate to her rather then trying to do “pick up” be as natural as possible and straight forward… She knows why you are really talking to her anyways lol [/quote]

No I know. But I’m afraid my time is running out because I am leaving to go back to school so I wanted to be able to get to know her, get her number, and maybe date

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Hey, I wanna see, better do, XYZ, this Monday, Friday, whatsitsface…

Wanna join me?

Cool, I could pick you up at 1800 or we could meet there.

Rocket surgery, thats what it is. [/quote]

Well thats what I’m saying. We have talked very very briefly. Would it be weird to go up to her and be like forward and ask her out to dinner? [/quote]

Yes, fuck dinner.

No, you interesting man with mission, she privileged to join you.

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
just be genuine, with it and make sure to have solid rapport before just jumping the gun, If you don’t enough qualification and connection and just go for it at a gym you may come across gamey… Yoga classes, gyms, and all that are actually pretty easy because they don’t put up a shield like when you are doing all that stuff in bars and clubs.

So focus more on trying to connect and relate to her rather then trying to do “pick up” be as natural as possible and straight forward… She knows why you are really talking to her anyways lol [/quote]

No I know. But I’m afraid my time is running out because I am leaving to go back to school so I wanted to be able to get to know her, get her number, and maybe date[/quote]

Your time is running out because she knows you want her and are too much of a pussy to act on it.

You think you have a given amount of time because you have some arbitrary time frame, you have a given amount of time before you are friendzoned, if that.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
just be genuine, with it and make sure to have solid rapport before just jumping the gun, If you don’t enough qualification and connection and just go for it at a gym you may come across gamey… Yoga classes, gyms, and all that are actually pretty easy because they don’t put up a shield like when you are doing all that stuff in bars and clubs.

So focus more on trying to connect and relate to her rather then trying to do “pick up” be as natural as possible and straight forward… She knows why you are really talking to her anyways lol [/quote]

No I know. But I’m afraid my time is running out because I am leaving to go back to school so I wanted to be able to get to know her, get her number, and maybe date[/quote]

Her time is running out because she knows you want her and are too much of a pussy to act on it.

You think you have a given amunt of time because you have some abribtrary time frame, you have a given amount of time before you are friendzoned, if that. [/quote]

Ok so im going to ask her out next i see her yes?

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Hey, I wanna see, better do, XYZ, this Monday, Friday, whatsitsface…

Wanna join me?

Cool, I could pick you up at 1800 or we could meet there.

Rocket surgery, thats what it is. [/quote]

Well thats what I’m saying. We have talked very very briefly. Would it be weird to go up to her and be like forward and ask her out to dinner?
[/quote]
As far as what to say or ask, others like Orion can probably give you much better advice than I can. But just for some perspective on the “would it be weird” part: what’s going to seem “weird” to people is if you are much older some day and still have no clue what to say or how to act. When you are young is the best time to try, mess up, and learn.

[quote]undoredo wrote:

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Hey, I wanna see, better do, XYZ, this Monday, Friday, whatsitsface…

Wanna join me?

Cool, I could pick you up at 1800 or we could meet there.

Rocket surgery, thats what it is. [/quote]

Well thats what I’m saying. We have talked very very briefly. Would it be weird to go up to her and be like forward and ask her out to dinner?
[/quote]
As far as what to say or ask, others like Orion can probably give you much better advice than I can. But just for some perspective on the “would it be weird” part: what’s going to seem “weird” to people is if you are much older some day and still have no clue what to say or how to act. When you are young is the best time to try, mess up, and learn.

[/quote]

^^^^^^

Mistakes.

Make em while they are cheap.

No, dont make cheap mistakes, make them whike they cost only a little embarrassment.

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]tnationer wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
just be genuine, with it and make sure to have solid rapport before just jumping the gun, If you don’t enough qualification and connection and just go for it at a gym you may come across gamey… Yoga classes, gyms, and all that are actually pretty easy because they don’t put up a shield like when you are doing all that stuff in bars and clubs.

So focus more on trying to connect and relate to her rather then trying to do “pick up” be as natural as possible and straight forward… She knows why you are really talking to her anyways lol [/quote]

No I know. But I’m afraid my time is running out because I am leaving to go back to school so I wanted to be able to get to know her, get her number, and maybe date[/quote]

Her time is running out because she knows you want her and are too much of a pussy to act on it.

You think you have a given amunt of time because you have some abribtrary time frame, you have a given amount of time before you are friendzoned, if that. [/quote]

Ok so im going to ask her out next i see her yes?[/quote]

Is that a trick question?

O_o ?

AND YOU DONT ASK HER OUT!!!

YOU HAVE STUFF GOING ON, SHE BE LUCKY TO JOIN YOU…

Asking out!?!

No!

WHats next, cleaning her toilet with your tongue so that youz get reluctant acces to her pussy?

And if its “weird”…

Let it be weird…

By the powers grantd to me by Misterys furry hat, which has granted me nothing whatsoever, I allow everyone to wallow in the weirdness…

Embrace it, caress it, mount it in every possible position until “weird” is your new home.

Might as well just talk to her

[quote]tnationer wrote:

-she’s newly single

[/quote]

All I needed to read. Stay away for NOW. Trust me.

Yeah, newly single…not good.
American women are the worst BTW, spoiled rotten and attached to the smartphones
like an appendage to their body.

Wait a few months minimum…If you are looking for a long term
relationship, there is no better crystal ball to what she will look and act like,
like observing what her MOTHER looks and acts like, and I defy anyone to provide a better
gauge than the opportunity ASAP to meet the girl’s mother, because essentially that is HER
25-30 Years from now.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]tnationer wrote:

-she’s newly single

[/quote]

All I needed to read. Stay away for NOW. Trust me. [/quote]

x2

If you’re looking to be her rebound dick, then by all means, go for it, but if you want anything more serious than that, stay away for now. Newly single bitches aren’t looking to get tied down so soon. She wants to feel attractive and that she’s “still got it” by seeking her fair share of attention and she’s probably going to bang quite a few dudes before she settles down again…just letting you know.

I disagree about staying away from her just because she got newly single. There is no harm in going out and having drinks with her. You know nothing about this previous relationship she was just in. Could have been a month to years. Who knows, she might just want to get laid and you could be that guy laying some pipe.