Asked to leave my gym...

Dumb situtatuons like that are one of the main reasons why I do not workout in gyms anymore. Everytime I go back to a gym (I go to an ART person at a local gym) I am reminded of why I have not been a member of a gym for close to 3 years.

Mike Mahler

People who talk on phones, while on the gym floor, should be killed and eaten.

But it sounds like you could have avoided the whole problem by asking him directly “can I work in here?” or “are you going to be done soon?”

Maybe I missed something but it sounds like you could have handled it better by being more direct and polite at the beginning.

I notice that my aggression levels naturally rise while I’m working out, it’s important not to direct that aggression towards the other members, no matter how annoying they are, unless it’s really really necessary.

MM: Good point! I have a nice garage that would easily hold a power rack, an adjustable bench, a bar, plates, and some powerblocks. I think overall that’s all I would need. Maybe a dip and pullup attachment and some flooring.

Well I agree it is kind of outrageous that you were the one asked to leave, but sadly I’m not surprised. 99% of commercial gyms have to cater to the frat boy/yuppie/soccer mom crowd if they want to make any money, (which explains why my gym buys new treadmills every six months, but our 45 lb. plates are relics from the days of Eugen Sandow)so it isn’t a terrible shock to see them siding with one of the five hundred cell-phone using yuppies instead of one of the five guys who actually uses the power rack for squats in this matter.

Good to hear that you got a free month out of this whole fiasco though.

i might sympathize with the guy on the phone because I have used the phone while on the gym floor. But guess what? I am sure he wasn’t finding out what hospital to go to because his beetch just went into labor while he was on a cycle. Seriously the only time I ever had to stay on my cell for more than 4 seconds of the usualy “Hello? What? Get off my phone dammit, dis ain’t an emergency!” I thought that’s why there are cell phones. Of course being a nice guy I would have just yelled at him because of his choice in fruit-smuggle wear and looked past the phone. IMHO should have raised hell before he did and after being polite the first time. Go Beck on his azz!

for all of you that may have missed this in t-mag issue 204:

“Using a cell phone during a workout may boost t-levels up to 45%”

maybe you should sit there all day tomorrow in the squat rack, talking to your gf one your cell phone… or instead of the squat rack (since no one there uses it), do it at the weighted ab machine, that’ll piss everyone off :slight_smile:

Hey did he say nubile 17 year olds in Britney Spears school uniforms?
:smiley:

Load up the bar with 2 2.5 lb plates for curling in the squat rack and then talk on the phone for a while. If someone asks you say you aren’t done yet and you needed the squat rack as an antenna anyway.

Does anyone else notice that when you start using a piece of equipment or performing a certain exercise, someone else suddenly wants to do the same thing?

I’m doing OVT, and I cannot seem to ever make it through without someone trying to get in on the equipment when there are only 2 of us in the entire gym.

Just had to rant.

“you needed the squat rack as an antenna anyway.” ROFLMAO!!

Has anyone had someone follow you through your workout?

I used to catch this one guy, I didnt even know, follow me around the gym doing the same thing I was doing. He never spoke to me or asked any questions, he just watched what i did and copied it. It was kind of freaky!

At least I hope he learned something.

I’ve had issues when I wanted to squat where people where doing shoulder shrugs, on all three acks at my gym, I never understood why when everyone’s doing the same excersise you can’t work in together. Same thing happens with the cable crossovers, we have two at my gym, and it never fails one person will be on one of the machines doing pulldowns, and someone else is doing pulldowns on the other so others can’t do crossovers or use both sides of the cable machine.

Next time you see dorkwad in the rack on the phone, show him your new T-shirt that says “Shut the F@CK up and lift!”

Maynard,

Check out Study Hall Gym on 36, it is the T-Mag dream gym. On the old school and cheap side. Speak to Jack the owner, you’ll probably never look back again if you are really looking for a “lifting” gym. Definitely check it out, worth the time, and 24 hrs!

Bro… Check out Study Hall gym on Route 36 in Middletown - Ask for Jack.

It’s the most hardcore, intense place in the area, if not all of Jersey.

Although you have to admit those RBC chicks are hot:-)