Ask Physiolojik Thread

Is androgen receptor downregulation caused by prolonged use of gear real or bullshit? Same question but different, does HCG cause leydig cells desensitization? I think both myths are bullshit fuelled by broscience, but I could be wrong. Androgen receptors can become saturated with high doses of gear, in which diminishing returns start to appear from upping the dose, however can you desensitize androgen receptors by using gear? I’m aware homeostasis will be reached from prolonged blasting and gains will taper off, but I don’t think androgen receptors are downregulated, are they??? I hear this shit about “virgin receptors, fresh receptors” and whatnot and I just think “well yea they gain more on a first cycle because the body is being exposed to a new stimulus” it’s like when you start working out, you can gain tons of mass really quick but after 3-6 months gains slow down and eventually taper out after 5 years or so.

And I’ve seen the animal models demonstrating leydig cell death from HCG, but I’m pretty sure leydig cells regenerate. Secondly I think using rat models for this shit is dumb, trenbolone is shown to be cardioprotective in rats at a HED of 30mg/day (I’m always gonna use this example because of how differently humans react, there’s no fucking WAY tren is cardioprotective, it’s probably one of the most destructive to cardiovascular health, although a select few individuals seem to be able to tolerate it fine.)

@physioLojik

I finally heard from my doc. He said according to the numbers… TSH .23 and TRAb 1.81 that I have mild graves.
He said that there is really nothing we can do right now. Just live with it until I have another storm, and he can give me beta blockers and steriods to fight the inflammation.
He tested FSH and it came back at 71. He said I am post menopause and that “you"re done”
Is there nothing that can be done about the muscle wasting that occurs during one of these thyroid storms? Is it because I have gone thru menopause?

Well… Um, that’s not true. Radioactive iodine therapy is an option, but it’ll likely destroy your thyroid causing you to need lifelong thyroid replacement. Corticosteroids (I assume this would be to reduce inflammation around the soft tissues/ muscles behind the eyes associated with graves opthalmopathy) I think would make muscle wasting worse, anabolic steroids are anabolic in action, Corticosteroids are catabolic, not to mention the plethora or other nasty effects they can have, I’m not saying not to take them, as for some people they’re lifesavers however the potential consequences with regards to bone density, insulin sensitivity, skin and whatnot can be really bad, interestingly the catabolic effects/ decreased BMD associated with prolonged corticosteroid administration can be offset with… (Drumroll)… ANABOLIC STEROIDS! yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

I mean, yea, stopping the bouts of extreme hyperthyroidism from happening in the first place. Given your TSH you are probably consistently hyperthyroid, which I assume would put you in a catabolic state, making it very hard to gain muscle mass (also you aren’t a guy, and us guys have it way easier when trying to pack on raw mass). Let me ask you something, and you don’t have to answer it if you don’t feel comfortable. How much do you weigh? Is it a healthy weight to height ratio. I’m fairly sure that one of the main indications for the prescription of synthetic derivitaves of testosterone is as adjunct therapy for weight gain in patients that cannot weight gain/ to aid in catabolic states. Now while I don’t think anabolic steroids are a good idea, that’s… Kind of the indication for them being prescribed, especially oxandrolone. To hell with irreversible virillization (this is a joke, anabolic steroids, prescribed or otherwise should be used very carefully in women)

I don’t know if you have, only you could know that, hyperthyroidism can cause lighter menstrual cycles, I think it has something to do with a transport protein known as SHBG Woooooot, I brought in the SHBG card fite me everyone yeeet wooot. HRT is available for women post menopause, the risks aren’t fully known and it does pose an increased risk for certain cancers if not prescribed with progesterone if a women still has their uterus (and I believe the majority of women do, sorry for going into graphic detail here). You can probably get estratest, which is estrogen + low dose methyltestosterone (anabolic sssttteeerrrroooiiiiddddzzz) #c17aa #hepatotoxicity #cholesterol. Although at that low of a dose I highly doubt hepatotoxicity is a significant issue.

Well if it’s just a mild case, I guess I was just hoping there would be something in between full on killing it and doing nothing.

Anyways, I am 5’4" and 110lbs at the moment.

Thanks again for your reply. I just need to stop whining and get over it, and carry on. It is aggravating though.

@physioLojik hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, how’s Colorado going? How’s… Life and stuff, I’d ask about your family however that’s personal stuff that probably isn’t appropriate to ask on a bodybuilding forum.

Have you settled in or is it difficult, some people seem to be able to adapt to new environments in the blink of an eye while for others it takes a bit of time for them to settle into a new routine and environment. Personally I think it’s always hard to move, some people find it harder than others though. Just checking in yeet.

It made sense to me because in my understanding, Nolva has the potential to over stimulate testicular LH receptors which can cause high levels of T to E2 in the testes. I was also under the impression that an AI needed to be continued after stopping Nolva to prevent estrogen rebound which can lead to shutdown. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m here to learn and appreciate the conversation.

@unreal24278 hey man! Thanks for asking about my family and me man. That’s classy.

We are awesome. Wife’s pregnancy is coming along and we are loving Colorado. My kiddos love their new school and make friends super easy. They are used to traveling constantly so they’re all good!

How’re you doing with the mini blast

great to hear, when are you guys expecting?

haha I can relate

Great, I’ve been on for between 4-5 weeks. I may have to cut the cycle short though in time for bloods. Thankfully a bunch of extra primoteston flew into my hands, what luck! (I’m not using UGL test for this mini blast, it’s all pharm grade, far more expensive, but money isn’t a problem and it pays for peace of mind). Anyhow in those four-five weeks I’ve put on 3 kilograms despite not getting visibly fatter, sooooooooooooooo, while not all muscle (water retention, sodium retention, glycogen retention etc) that’s SIGNIFICANT progress, I’m more than happy with my current results. Post cycle I’m going to probably cruise on 175-200mg/wk for a while. I feel like superman, seriously my libido hasn’t been this high in many years.

It also appears I’m carbohydrate intolerant, specifically those with high glycemic indexes, causes hypoglycemia for me, as evident via glucose tolerance test, so I’ve had to adjust my diet accordingly, which sucks (no more beer… ever… that’s like throwing away an Aussie tradition, not that I identify as Aussie, I’m a mixed bag… I just like beer)

Edit: yup, gonna have to cut cycle short for bloods, total time on will end up being like 8 and 1/2 wks

@physioLojik

@physiolojik whats the half life of test E, I’ve read conflicting info, there isn’t much data, pubchem says between 7-9 days, my bloods indicate the half life is about 6-7 days, do you have a concrete answer? I’ve read as high as 10 days and as low as 4, if it’s ten days I gotta stop using real soon.

@unreal24278 tough question. Half life for medication is user dependent based on liver health and how fast your body eliminates and metabolizes. I generally use 7 days as an approximation for test e

@physioLojik yoooooooooooooooooooooo, I was wondering what is your prefered method of TRT for patients, people on here generally seem to think medium estered injectable testosterone is the best option for TRT, and I tend to agree, as it gives the most bang for your buck and doesn’t impede lifestyle choices, like the gel or patch, you can’t shower, swim or potentially even sweat/exercise for ages after applying it, and that isn’t practical. Other issues come into place with regards that for many people, these products barely produce therapeutic levels of testosterone. Testosterone undecanoate would be a suitable candidate if the doses weren’t so absurdly low, it seems it you reach a steady state where the avg T level is like 450ng/dl… no thanks. Anyway I’d like to hear an unbiased opinion (your opinion) on what methods of TRT you think are optimal. I’m clearly biased, for bodybuilding purposes, injectable testosterone is the way to go (it’s easier to abuse haha). Do you like the idea of testosterone undecanoate as an option for TRT

Secondly, methyltestosterone and fluoxymesterone, they’re approved as agents for treating androgen deficiency, what’s your take on them. Halotestin seems like an awesome drug for performance enhancement aside from the toxicity

THIRDLY, male hormonal contraception, do you have an opinion? Can they do it without adversely affecting cardiovascular health (because they’d probably have to use a nandrolone based AAS, like dimethandrolone is being trialled at the moment, so is testosterone and progesterone combination, however I think giving dudes progesterone isn’t a great idea…)

1 Like

@unreal24278 I think basic ass 200 mg cyp injections once per week work wonders for most guys for 8 weeks and then check bloods.

Those drugs are great haha but I think regular old testosterone works great so why mess around?

I can tell you I’ve run insane cycles and still managed to get pregnant haha. Other guys shoot 200mg t a week and can’t get pregnant to save their lives haha

@unreal24278 there’s a word for people who rely on TRT for contraception: father’s. :slight_smile:

I’d suggest going to your doctor and requesting a semen analysis. That’ll tell you for sure if you’re fertile.

Hey, Were you on hcg as well?

I sure wasn’t :slight_smile:

@unreal24278 don’t eliminate stuff altogether. Just limit the amounts and times you use it. Give yourself fun times to enjoy whatever you want man. :slight_smile: we are due feb 9. I have two daughters and the baby is a boy so I think after this we might be good to go on kiddos haha :slight_smile:

On a side note - I will be traveling in Asia for a few weeks in November (China Singapore and Thailand) so I might be slow to respond.

Also - I will be in Australia (Brisbane and then Sydney) in April of next year :slight_smile: just saying if you wanna chat in person :slight_smile:

@physioLojik, if a guy is in a tight spot and doesn’t have access to pharma grade tamoxifen… can RC sites tamoxifen be used?

Some people really dislike needles, I don’t have a problem with needles (hell I sometimes inject with 19 gauge needles). The reason as to messing around, fluoxymesterone is apparently great for strength gains (and at far lower doses, 10mg/day will give results), while I don’t plan on taking it anytime in the near future, it does sound interesting. Methyltestosterone is just interesting, tis the first C17AA anabolic steroid to be developed, there’s no way of getting it in Aus tho, not even on the BM. And overseas importation at the moment is just far too risky. My bucket list for anabolic steroids (what I want to try before I die) is testosterone at a dose of 350mg+/wk, halo, masteron (around 200mg/wk) and esiclene (it’s formebolone in 2mg/1ml 2ml amps, it doesn’t do shit for muscle mass but apparently for pre contest if you inject it into a muscle group it causes reversible irritation and it’ll add a quick inch to whatever muscle group it’s shot into, would be awesome for my triceps). So provided I don’t die from sudden cardiac death and I decide to compete (which I’ve got my eye on a comp in mid to late 2019) I can def see this list being ticked off by the time I’m 25-30 aside from esiclene, it’d be impossible to get, then when I retire it’ll just be test. I don’t know if I’ll ever stop usinf test at doses of 200mg/wk with occasional mini blasts of 250 tho if I don’t run into compications, however typically the first sign of AAS induced toxicity is … Sudden cardiac death, on the bright side if it happens I won’t know.

I’m not going into it but the chances of me being fertile are slim, no amount of fertility drugs can change that. When I become sexually active again I’ll go for an analysis.

congratulations, I hope everything goes well

I hear HGH is super cheap there otc, same with gear.

I would like that very much, the arnold classic Australia is in March, just thought I’d say that, Arnold Schwartzenegger popped in last time I went, Kevin Levrone was there for his last ever competition, very impressive for a 54 y/o

I’m actually gonna be there for a veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrry short time (like under a day) early next year, i’m mentioning it because you said you’d be in China during November, while it’s a different time of year, I just thought I’d mention it because it’s interesting. Why do you travel, is it for work or fun? Do you enjoy seeing the world?

Well done regarding the conception whilst on gear, sounds like you are a bit of a stud.

I wouldn’t mind having a chat with you in Sydney next year as well.

1 Like