Ask Physiolojik Thread

Maybe get fresh labs. Something else can be going on.

1 Like

I am. Checking the following:

DHEAS
Pregnenolone
Progesterone
Total Test
SHBG
E2
CBC

Although, i am thinking about waiting to get my labs drawn because it will show my TT as being super high. The people who are drawing my labs have no control over my testosterone though, so they cant pull it.

I would add CMP

They are checking thyroid also.

What kind of e2 readings are you getting on previous labs? Any of your labs without ai?

On a non sensitive E2 test my e2 was between 30-32. But I wonder if any of my e2 readings are with ā€œgoodā€ e2. It feels like throughout my whole career, I have been low.

Ultrasensitive had me at 22.

I can get ranges if you need.

Iā€™m considering waiting until I feel e2 effects to take my labs, so I can get an idea of where it is suppose to be.

I asked for sensitive e2 this time, well see if they order it.

lol this is funny. tho I shouldnā€™t talk it took me what seemed like forever to do it. Tho I didnā€™t post incessantly about it I finally just loaded the needle dropped my drawers and handed it to my gf and said just freaking do this and donā€™t tell me when u do. before I knew it was over. it gets wayyy easier after that. I look forward to it now ha.

@physioLojik yeet howā€™s the traveling (Thailand wedding, China and such). Iā€™d assume itā€™s fun but once again thatā€™s assuming it isnā€™t for work, work travel isnā€™t as fun lol

• Why are referance ranges today so much lower than what they were a few years ago. Iā€™m seeing ref ranges stating 100ng/dl or sometimes even lower is a normal TT for a male and that 700ng/dl is supraphysiolgic, has the world gone mad? Iā€™ve seen bloods from teenagers with 1200-1400ng/dl, one case a guy had a TT of 2000ng/dl without any PEDā€™s. Prior to my hypogonadism fiasco when I was like 13 I had a TT of 1000+ng/dl. Why are reference ranges getting lower?
2 Likes

I would also like some insight into this. Iā€™m currently taking 160 mg a week. No ai. No hcg. 120 mg put me at 1100 ng/dl and 24 free t on a scale to 25. My e2 sensitive at 120 mg was 29. Iā€™m gonna do bloodwork next week to see where I stand with 160 mg a week. I feel great. No complaints but Iā€™d imagine Iā€™m well over the ranges right now.

@physioLojik Further am interested to know if you increase testosterone by 20% do you see an equal jump in e2 after body gets used to higher dose? Or does e2 stay more stable?
I know we spoke about ratio and stuff but I would love to know what you see.

100 mg per week put me at 27 e2 sensitive. 120 mg per week put me at 29 e2 sensitive

U inject 2x a week?

@unreal24278 contrary to the conspiracy insurance theorists haha - the technology of testing has improved to give more accurate readings as well as the ability to draw from larger sample sizes to create ranges.

@alldayeveryday itā€™s all about how you feel. The lab ranges are designed for normal adults. You are an exception as you train hard and take supplemental testosterone. The e2 lab ranges should be moved higher when this is the case.

@unreal24278 oh also we donā€™t leave until November 6 :slight_smile: but thank you for asking!!!

so my readings of 1000ng/dl+ as a kid were highly abnormal? @physioLojik

It just baffles me what normal is, because at 4-3-2 and 100ng/dl I felt like shit. Iā€™d assume everyone has a different point as to where they feel good at as their bodies are accustomed to X amount of testosterone or some equally strange theory, but thereā€™s no way I require that much more testosterone to feel like what someone else would feel like at 350ng/dl. According to these new ref ranges Iā€™m seeing 400ng/dl is midrange! Do they take healthy subjects or is the referance range based on the average populace?

@unreal24278 there are many more factors that go into how one feels besides testosterone. Downstream hormones, neurotransmitters, etc. for instance someone with test at 300 could ā€œfeelā€ better than someone with 1200. Too many factors. Itā€™s why labs are ok to see but feeling of the patient trumps everything.

1 Like

Yeah but there has to be a barrier where this ends right? I mean I hypothesize iā€™d probably feel better on a gram of test/wk than 125mg/wk, but 1000mgs/wk is vastly supraphysiologic and therefore wouldnā€™t be considered TRT, where is the line drawn? Is the line drawn when HCT/RBC creeps up? Is a TT of 1000ish sustainable in terms of cardiovascular health for a semi healthy individual? There isnā€™t much data to go by. I can say for sure I feel FAR better on 250mg/wk then I do on 100mg/wk, it certainly doesnā€™t mean itā€™s healthier or a better option for me long term though as itā€™s probably on the low end of supraphysiological @physioLojik

Also is there a point in which someone with low T but no symptoms requires treatment (just curious) as low T over time can lower bone density, impair insulin resistance and such.

Oh Yeet, and enjoy the trip! Iā€™m not gonna be on here much later in October through November (exams), so Iā€™m prematurely wishing you safe travels.

I do inject 2 times per week. Monday morning and Thursday afternoon

Higher estrogen ranges is an interesting concept but at what point do we need to be concerned with prostate cancer? For men at least, isnt that our greatest concern long term in regards to higher estrogen levels? We know nolvadex protects the nipplesā€¦ what other selective tissues does it protect? The prostate? Anything else?