Ask Physiolojik Thread

So, I saw before that @physioLojik, you’re not a fan of AI use unless absolutely necessary. I even seem to recall you suggesting 10mg/day of Tamoxifen/Nolva in “ambitious” TRT instead of any low dose AI. Having done my research, I partly seem to get where you’re coming from (no “free lunch” with these AIs), but there’s a part that I cannot seem to get my head around. It’s the conflict of two facts(?) I cannot resolve.

• Nolva acts as an anti-estrogen in the breast tissue, but acts as an estrogen agonist in other tissues.
  • gyno is the result of a seriously neglected rise in E levels in men. At least for me, moon face, lack of energy and motivation, etc. were already significantly present when my nipples were just itching a bit, but not swollen yet at all.

So, what’s the point I’m missing when I don’t understand why we should use a specific anti-gyno medication that does not(?) treat all the other side-effects that come sooner than gyno itself. (Or maybe even adding insult to injury being an E agonist elsewhere.)

Thanks in advance for helping me see more clearly here!

1 Like