Ask Moshe

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

(P.S. and on a “lighter” note…what does a groom and/or bride do when one, or both, of them may have…uh…eaten a LITTLE too much lamb and not seen the gym in a while?)[/quote]

Push Press

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]A-rod wrote:
Well that is cause Jesus isn’t coming back until all the Jewish people are back in Eretz yisrael.
[/quote]

I’ve heard that, and I’ve seen my share of off-the-chart nutty Christians tourist Israel, but I’ve never met any who actually think it’s anything related to some sort of end-times prophecy.

Generally speaking, it’s that the fundamentalist Christians believe and accept the covenant of G-d and my people that the land of Israel is ours, a grant from G-d.

Regarding Republicans, in general, it’s much more common that they see Israel as a decent, normal, country, filled with decent, normal, people who deserve a homeland, and that homeland happens to have immense strategic importance in the secular world. No religion involved.[/quote]

From a Christian standpoint; many Christians believe in the Original Covenant with the Israel/Jews. The land of Israel belongs to the Israelites/Jews. We also believe the Jews are God’s Chosen people, and by blessing them the LORD will bless us through them.

I personally believe that if the US turns against Israel it will be the end of the US. This part is part of the End Times. The US is not even mentioned in Revelation. Sorry for the side note.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]A-rod wrote:
Well that is cause Jesus isn’t coming back until all the Jewish people are back in Eretz yisrael.
[/quote]

I’ve heard that, and I’ve seen my share of off-the-chart nutty Christians tourist Israel, but I’ve never met any who actually think it’s anything related to some sort of end-times prophecy.

Generally speaking, it’s that the fundamentalist Christians believe and accept the covenant of G-d and my people that the land of Israel is ours, a grant from G-d.

Regarding Republicans, in general, it’s much more common that they see Israel as a decent, normal, country, filled with decent, normal, people who deserve a homeland, and that homeland happens to have immense strategic importance in the secular world. No religion involved.[/quote]

From a Christian standpoint; many Christians believe in the Original Covenant with the Israel/Jews. The land of Israel belongs to the Israelites/Jews. We also believe the Jews are God’s Chosen people, and by blessing them the LORD will bless us through them.

I personally believe that if the US turns against Israel it will be the end of the US. This part is part of the End Times. The US is not even mentioned in Revelation. Sorry for the side note.[/quote]

To follow on your side note, I think the US was alluded to in Revelation 18. :slight_smile:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]A-rod wrote:
[/quote]

I personally believe that if the US turns against Israel it will be the end of the US. This part is part of the End Times. The US is not even mentioned in Revelation. Sorry for the side note.[/quote]

To follow on your side note, I think the US was alluded to in Revelation 18. :)[/quote]

So you think the US is Babylon. So you value our way of life over anyone elses? Babylon could still be Babylon we do not know that.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]A-rod wrote:
[/quote]

To follow on your side note, I think the US was alluded to in Revelation 18. :)[/quote]

So you think the US is Babylon. So you value our way of life over anyone elses? Babylon could still be Babylon we do not know that.
[/quote]

For the record, I think that John of Patmos was unambiguously referring to the Roman Empire in Revelation 18, but our current society bears more resemblance to the Babylonian and Roman empires than does Iraq.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]A-rod wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

For the record, I think that John of Patmos was unambiguously referring to the Roman Empire in Revelation 18, but our current society bears more resemblance to the Babylonian and Roman empires than does Iraq. [/quote]

I agree with you, but I think he was referring to Europe not the US.

Back to Moshe.

I’m gonna remember this ya know. Though Moses is built on Abraham and Abraham on Jeremiah 31:31 and following. Which is built on the eternal covenant conceived by the Father, achieved by the Son and applied by the Holy Ghost.
Written by “a Jew, educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers” (Acts of the Apostles 22:3 Acts 22 ESV )
1st Corinthians 10:

And no, I personally don’t believe that the Anerican Way of Life is the apex of societal evolution. At least I hope not, or I have grave misgivings over the viability of our species.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
And no, I personally don’t believe that the Anerican Way of Life is the apex of societal evolution. At least I hope not, or I have grave misgivings over the viability of our species. [/quote]

IMO we will never see the apex of humanity this side of Heaven.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
And no, I personally don’t believe that the Anerican Way of Life is the apex of societal evolution. At least I hope not, or I have grave misgivings over the viability of our species. [/quote]

[/quote]

It will would no longer be humanity on the other side.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[/quote]

It will would no longer be humanity on the other side. [/quote]

You sure about that? There was no sin in the Garden of Eden and it was humanity.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[/quote]

It will would no longer be humanity on the other side. [/quote]

You sure about that? There was no sin in the Garden of Eden and it was humanity.
[/quote]

Technically, there was sin in the Garden. It resulted in humanity being forced to leave Eden.

The first sin was a result of humanity exercising its free will to disobey God, which is the prerogative of humans.

Are you saying that humans will have that same prerogative in heaven? Will humans be capable of sin in heaven? Will we still have free will?

Just a friendly reminder, my very first post on this thread was that I would participate, provided it did not devolve into a discussion about Christianity or its texts.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Just a friendly reminder, my very first post on this thread was that I would participate, provided it did not devolve into a discussion about Christianity or its texts.[/quote]
Been a while. Point taken. My apologies.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Just a friendly reminder, my very first post on this thread was that I would participate, provided it did not devolve into a discussion about Christianity or its texts.[/quote]

Back to Moshe.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Got it. Sorry for the prolonging of the hijack.

In my defense, however, we were now discussing the eschatological implications of Genesis 3.

Shalom. :slight_smile:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
The Wedding Dance and the significance of the chairs.
[/quote]

There are a couple of dances in a Jewish wedding, but I believe the one you are talking about is the Horah, which commonly has the bride and groom being held up on chairs.

The horah itself is just a fun dance, traditional eastern europe/middle east/Israeli dance — there are variations depending on where in the diaspora it is — most commonly to the Hava Nagila.

The raising of the chairs is symbolic of royalty, and is a “treat” to the bride and groom to make the day special. Nothing particularly religous about it, other than the mitzvah to make the wedding day joyous for the bride, in particular.

And on that, being a formerly surfing Jew until my home was bulldozed as part of the peace process, I give you Dick Dale’s Hava Nagila:

The basic of the song is “let us rejoice” (for this is the day that the L–d has made.)

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Why do Jews have big noses? I have been told it is because air if free. Is there truth to that?

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Why do Jews have big noses? I have been told it is because air if free. Is there truth to that? [/quote]

Direct positive relation to penis size, but only if sabra Israeli.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Why do Jews have big noses? I have been told it is because air if free. Is there truth to that? [/quote]

Direct positive relation to penis size, but only if sabra Israeli.[/quote]

Until there is actual proof presented it is just Hearsay (sp?).