Ask.com > Google and Yahoo

[quote]etaco wrote:
BBC didn’t commemorate it either.[/quote]

Thats because in the UK we have a different Memorial Day (November).

some people need to read the rest of the thread before posting…

i corrected myself mid-way saying to just give ask.com a try because they have a pair to respect a U.S. holiday even though they have international customers too.

and to the sarcastic people out there, nice job at taking my point and contructing a straw-man conservative argument to counter. the point was that they recognize every other holiday (even st. patties), but are too pc to recognize vetrans day.

i made this post to call them on their bullshit and gave an alternative with ask.com . this is a message board for off topic shit, if you wanna say “just chill out” or you don’t care, then dont reply to the fucking thread.

one more thing, because i know some trainspotter will bring this up:

yes i did say i’m never using them again, but i said it not thinking how prevailent they are in the online world. yeah, i’ll still use the search function on T-Nation, but will now try to stop at ask.com first whenever using an online search engine.

also, no i’m not a veteran- but i believe that veterans should not have to ask to have the rest of us honor them on holidays created specifically for them.

heh, the internet is great. i have an easy arm-chair outlet to bitch about things, but so does everyone else who has a differing opinion. meh, 'should have expected the sarcastic comments…

[quote]dexslave wrote:
i corrected myself mid-way saying to just give ask.com a try because they have a pair to respect a U.S. holiday even though they have international customers too.[/quote]

So lemme get this straight… you don’t want to use a free service which is also arguably the best available because they don’t acknowledge some holiday you hold dear to your heart.

LOL!

This is some funny shit. You should be a writer for a sitcom. This would make a fantastic skit.

[quote]
and to the sarcastic people out there, nice job at taking my point and contructing a straw-man conservative argument to counter[/quote]

Thank you. But you have it mixed up. The argument was never conservative, nor liberal, nor whatever.

Here you go bringing politics into this again. Into something completely unrelated.

Congratulations.

[quote]dexslave wrote:

i corrected myself mid-way saying to just give ask.com a try because they have a pair to respect a U.S. holiday even though they have international customers too.

and to the sarcastic people out there, nice job at taking my point and contructing a straw-man conservative argument to counter. the point was that they recognize every other holiday (even st. patties), but are too pc to recognize vetrans day.

i made this post to call them on their bullshit and gave an alternative with ask.com . this is a message board for off topic shit, if you wanna say “just chill out” or you don’t care, then dont reply to the fucking thread.[/quote]

Have you seen the observances google does for the holidays it celebrates? They’re all light, whimsical and stupid. If they had kept the same tone for Memorial Day- a cartoon tombstone perhaps?- then you would be on here protesting all the louder.

[quote]etaco wrote:
dexslave wrote:

i made this post to call them on their bullshit and gave an alternative with ask.com . this is a message board for off topic shit, if you wanna say “just chill out” or you don’t care, then dont reply to the fucking thread.

Have you seen the observances google does for the holidays it celebrates? They’re all light, whimsical and stupid. If they had kept the same tone for Memorial Day- a cartoon tombstone perhaps?- then you would be on here protesting all the louder. [/quote]

good point. i never thought about it this way. still, would a small flag in the corner of the page with a link kill them? i could code it up in 15 minutes and send them it.

Just to let you know when you search for articles on this website it’s powered by Google. So if your going to boycott google i guess you’ll have to boycott T-Nation and that wouldnt be good!

Thank you for proving that trolls are not just confined to rate my physique. I rarely say anything on this site, I just read the articles and let you guys piss all over each other. But lately the people on this site have reminded me of that kid we all knew in high school, who had no personality of their own so the only way they could get laughs was to try and tear other people down. Now this kid lives in his mom’s basement and no longer has any friends, but that’s beside the point.

The OP is trying to make a point, if you agree with him, cool. If you don’t, say so and then explain why. I think he has a valid point. I don’t use yahoo, but I know for a fact that google puts a logo up for holidays ranging from father’s day to earth day. Those of you who said that they’re an international search engine, that sounds like a legitimate point.

But they also put up a logo for independence day (an American holiday, just like memorial day). So it does seem strange seem to me, and this is what the OP is saying. Whether or not you’re going to boycott google is pretty much pointless, seeing as how they’re not going to miss such a trivial amount of users.

Hopefully I got through to someone. For the rest of you who want to crap all over my reply go ahead, I’m not going to read it anyway.

Steve

Isn’t Ask.com owned by google? I think I remember reading about that. So, it may be that you are kind of screwed.

[quote]fireplug52 wrote:
Isn’t Ask.com owned by google? I think I remember reading about that. So, it may be that you are kind of screwed.[/quote]

haha well then fuck-- if thats the case then maybe they are just tailoring different website names for different demographics. i want to say they are different though- maybe google just owns some of ask’s stock?

[quote]fireplug52 wrote:
Isn’t Ask.com owned by google? I think I remember reading about that. So, it may be that you are kind of screwed.[/quote]

No. But close.

http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=2164921

If you don’t want people to take issue with your viewpoint, don’t post it on a public forum.

This isn’t “agree-with-me.com” y’know.