Ashcroft Plans To Resign!!

I just read this on Drudge:

"Attorney General John Ashcroft ‘plans to submit his resignation to Bush in the next several days’… "

I am hysterical right now. Thank you God!! If this is true, maybe the next four years won’t as bad as they could be.

Yeah, but it’s only symbolic. If Bush asks him to stay on, he will.

Hahaha! The joke’s on you, buddy! We’re gonna put somebody worse in there to take his place… WAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAA!!

I would expect quite a bit of turnover – the administration was very active over the past four years, and a lot of people want to rest. For someone like Ashcroft, who has been in the crosshairs of critics almost since day 1, I would not be surprised at all if he wanted to step down.

Ashcroft out, Rudy in.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
Hahaha! The joke’s on you, buddy! We’re gonna put somebody worse in there to take his place… WAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAA!![/quote]

No you’re not. Rudy’s in.

[quote]TravisCS84 wrote:
I just read this on Drudge:

"Attorney General John Ashcroft ‘plans to submit his resignation to Bush in the next several days’… "

I am hysterical right now. Thank you God!! If this is true, maybe the next four years won’t as bad as they could be.[/quote]

What has Ashcroft done that has been so horrible for this country?

He’s surely no Janet Reno.

It was reported yesterday that Bush will likely do quite a bit of house cleaning in his Cabinet - which usually happens in a second term.

As a Republican & a Bush supporter, I can honestly say that Ashcroft is one person in the Bush administration that I did not feel comfortable with.

Don’t you know that it’s better to have extreme liberal homosexuals in the cabinet than a happily married Christian man? Come on…

The man refused to dance for religous reasons. Seems like a lame excuse for being too white.

Zeb,

Maybe there should be room for both or either?

This is a man that has proposed seven, I repeat, seven new ammendments to the Constitution in his humble four years. If thats not radical, I don’t know what is.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zeb,

Maybe there should be room for both or either?[/quote]

vroom:

As usual you missed my point…

Did any of you complain about the prior Attorney General, Janet Reno? If I remember correctly she ordered the attack on the compound in Waco Texas that killed over 40 children. Gee…do you think she had sort of a knee jerk reaction to that one?

Ashcroft is head and shoulders better than her in most every way! I guess when it’s popular to hate someone there is sort of pile on effect.

I disliked Janet Reno and I dislike Ashcroft. To a large extent, I do think Ashcroft has been used by the Bush administration… they blame him when things go south, but he’s doing what they want him to do.

That being said, I think Ashcroft does revel, to an unhealthy extent, in his power and the drama of being AG.