Ashamed about Low Testosterone

It’s time i come to grips with it, I’m really positive I have low testosterone. To start off, I’m 17 years old. I find I have a low sex drive, I don’t get erections easily anymore.

When I was 13-14 I’d always get wood in the morning, have sex thoughts all day, get random wood during the day, but now that’s all stopped! It’s like my testosterone has dropped from when I was younger!

It’s affecting my confidence, I don’t feel like a man or even a boy. Can anyone give me nutrition tips, training tips and supplementary tips for fixing this? Thanks.

If you are truly concerned about your T levels, see a professional and get tested. We can only speculate here.

Others will chime in with other tips, but what I said should be the highest priority in my opinion.

Lift heavy weights with big compound movements and eat lots of protein and healthy fats. Don’t be scared of saturated fat, if I remember correctly saturated fat was somewhat correlated to keeping T levels high, correct? So don’t skimp on that bacon!

It’s also a myth that particularly high T levels are what cause adolescent boys to be little sex fiends and random-wood-sprouters. In fact their testosterone are levels considerably lower than those of the average 25 year old, which is typically when T levels peak.

Since you are concerned and feeling “off,” certainly get medically checked. There could be many differing causes. And even if you do have low T, it’s more likely a problem with something you are doing or not doing rather than actually having something physically wrong (except as a resulting symptom of what you are doing or not doing.)

See a doctor.
Sleep better. And more.
Lift heavy.
Eat more, and more fats. All of them. Flaxseed, fishoil, avocado, EVOO… Steak.
Stop worrying.
Set goals and accomplish them.

Thanks for the responses, I will consult a doctor, but wich one exactly? Do I just go to a hospital and ask to get checked out or is there a special doctor for this sort of thing.

You have a primary care physician, don’t you?

Even if you’re not a troll, you are a MINOR. None of us can give you medical advice even if you were of age. Since you’re not age, no way.

See a family doctor. Or an endocrinologist.

Your biggest challenge will be convincing your parents to let you see a doctor for your (real or perceived) condition.

In many cases one can’t see an endocrinologist without being referred by a primary care physician.

And in this case it’s far, far to early to assume there is an endocrinological problem.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Even if you’re not a troll, you are a MINOR. None of us can give you medical advice even if you were of age. Since you’re not age, no way.

See a family doctor. Or an endocrinologist.

Your biggest challenge will be convincing your parents to let you see a doctor for your (real or perceived) condition. [/quote]

Most important advice here. At 21 consult your DR if you are low you can get legal roids.

No family doctor or primary care physician im afraid…but I’ll ask my parents, thanks.

Get to a family physician. INSIST to see an endocrinoligist. My family physician wouldnt approve it, and I went through highschool feeling like complete shit. My diet was great, and I trained hard.

I made no progress physique wise, and little progress in moving more weight. I felt like complete shit 100% of the time, and slept about 4 hours a night. My doctor said this was probably bad, and thats as far as it went.

I finally got into an endocronoligist, and it turned out that my testosterone level was 151. I also found out I had low ass blood pressure. I was instructed to increase sodium intake. This got rid of my dizziness.

I was retested and my levels were 132(my b/w, lol). I was prescribed andro gel, and my levels slowly raised to the 500’s. The increased stamina/energy throughout the day made sleeping much easier, and now I only have 1-2 bad nights a month.

I now weigh 155 lbs and went from 18% bf to between 7-10%. Bedding buetiful women is also back on the top of the list of priorities. Take home lesson: If you truly feel something is wrong with you, do something about it. Theres no sense in wasting months, or years of your life when you could have done something about it. Good luck.

had this problem a while back, for me it was all fat intake and stress…to much of it. When i first started out in the fitness world i thought low-no fat was the way to go…HAHA WAS I WRONG.

All i ate was carbs n protein n i droped weight fast…super fast but there was a point in which i was unable to function…exactly as you describe. As others here have stated its all about eating, not being scared of fat at all, and lifting heavy, put me right back in equilibrium.

Things like depression are more likely the cause. Do not self diagnosis.

In any case see a doctor.

If you are a troll then go away.

Do I look like a troll?

Calm down.