As if gayness wasn`t enough already...

I was about to yell at you until I saw this. :slight_smile:

This show is also going to be on Showtime, so it should be even easier to avoid if that’s a viewer’s choice.

I feel they’ll try to follow the model of Queer as Folk. That show didn’t have the best acting or writing, but had the gay community eat it up because it was the only show of its kind. Throw in gay “inside” jokes here and there, provide a world where homosexuality is the good battling the evil, and they there is instantly a gay audience. This show will have the added bonus of depicting homosexuality in a much more conventionally acceptable way - girl on girl.

Proportionate representation.

Would be the best.

Gays are, lets say 4% of the population. No more than 4% of air-time for them.

Simple.

Now watch all the activists cry their hearts out.

It’s public tv. Not minority TV. Create your own channel if not happy.

Dan, statistics like that have no bearing on what people watch or what is produced. It’s all about what will make money. Maybe this show will do well; maybe it won’t. That’s the same criteria every show has to live up to.

I love watching lesbians. I wouldn’t let my kids watch Showtime at 11 pm, but I’m glad I have the option. God bless America.

i dont get the thing with guys thinking lesbians are kewl. It is a waste of 2 perfectly good women (unless they have butch haircuts and wear flannel). thats 2 women we could be havin at!

I agree with DA MAN. Although I’m married already, lesbianism takes away from the total number of available women.

Therefore, taking for granted youre a smart guy, I guess youre refering to the wish of all guys to have a threesome with his girlfriend and a bi-babe.

You know those people that say the fantasy is rarely as good as the real thing? They’re wrong.

DAN C:

Was it a joke? Lets see. I started with a joke, then after the comment I said, ?Seriously??, and then finished my post with a joke.

How much soy do you eat a day?

Now I will say I did know a lesbian who liked men as much as women, but decided that she wanted children, so started focusing on men. Although the term lesbian has different meanings for different people.

For some it means any female who has engaged in sex with another female. For some it means women who have an interest in women regardless of their feelings for men, (includes bisexual), and some believe that lesbian means a woman who only is interested in women.

Now there are some who don?t believe in bisexuality. Only homosexuality, and heterosexuality. Some only believe in heterosexuality. Others believe only in fucking sheep. (A fleece-sexual?)

Then there are people who would stick a hamster up their ass (rodo-sexual).
People turned on by feet (podiatrist).
People who like transsexuals (they want to have their cake and eat it too.)

Ah, billyboy, finally someone who sees lesbianism for what it really is- a ploy by the man to take away all the women! lol… at least somebody sees where I am coming from.

THE MAGE: LOL. Interesting classifation!

well i’ll hand it to the casting director, none of them were really hot and they all looked like lesbos.

Being a lesbian is trendy. Like wearing jelly flip-flops in the 80s.

And rather than claim that some of your comments about lesbians are offensive and politically incorrect (who cares), I will instead be grammar Nazi: “As if gayness weren’t enough.” Subjunctive.

Oh conjunction junction, what is your function?