T Nation

As Hillary Fails...

Do you all think she will pull a Tonya Harding on her own party, sabotaging the Obama campaign, putting McCain in for, at his age more than likely, one term, so that she can come out storming in 2012?

Could happen. She and her husband both lack principles and their only goal is power, therefore, trashing the democratic party would mean nothing to her. If she did, though, I don’t know how she would expect to make a come back. The news media may have the attention span of a hamster, but the party faithful, the ones who count in the primaries, wouldn’t forget.

I think she’d rather burn the democratic party down before she concedes the nomination. In the end, this all bodes well for the GOP. Problem is, the GOP doesn’t bode well for conservatism. This is very close to a lose/lose situation for everybody. Good grief…

FAIL!

I hear a great number of traditional Republicans have registered as Democrats this year just to inflate her numbers and keep her in the race.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I hear a great number of traditional Republicans have registered as Democrats this year just to inflate her numbers and keep her in the race.[/quote]

Yesssss… I believe you are referring to the Rush the Vote, “Operation CHAOS” shenanigans, being orchestrated Rush Limbaugh. I hear they are trying to find a way to indict him for voter fraud.

At any rate, it seems to be working extraodinarily well.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
lixy wrote:
I hear a great number of traditional Republicans have registered as Democrats this year just to inflate her numbers and keep her in the race.

Yesssss… I believe you are referring to the Rush the Vote, “Operation CHAOS” shenanigans, being orchestrated Rush Limbaugh. I hear they are trying to find a way to indict him for voter fraud.

At any rate, it seems to be working extraodinarily well.[/quote]

Nah. I’m not familiar with the guy. I just hear and read things. Our own Zap Branigan (who admittedly never voted Democrat in a presidential) will be voting for Clinton to sabotage Obama.

She will fight this to the bitter end. It’s still early now, so polls like this one need to be taken with a grain of salt, as it’s people guessing how they are going to feel in 8 months, but it’s just going to get worse for the Dems the longer it goes on:

I’m going to pop some popcorn come convention time - there’s going to be a delegate fight. We haven’t seen a brokered convention in generations…

When Reuters speaks in these terms, you know something’s up.

[i]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Somebody forgot to tell Hillary Clinton the Democratic presidential race is over and Barack Obama won.

Obama has captured more state contests, more votes and more of the pledged convention delegates who will help decide which Democrat faces Republican Sen. John McCain in November’s presidential election.

But Clinton, a New York senator who has flirted with disaster before in the back-and-forth nominating battle with Obama, shrugs off growing predictions of doom and still sees at least a narrow path to victory.

“I hear it in the atmosphere,” Clinton said of the increasingly loud chatter about whether she should drop out and let Democrats focus on the general election campaign.

“But the most common thing that people say to me … is ‘Don’t give up, keep going. We’re with you.’ And I feel really good about that because that’s what I intend to do,” she told reporters on Tuesday.

Clinton has not been hearing those words of encouragement from a chorus of media commentators and Obama supporters who have questioned why she is pursuing her uphill fight to catch the Illinois senator.

The Politico newspaper declared Clinton “has virtually no chance of winning.” A New York Times columnist called her campaign “the audacity of hopelessness” – a pun on Obama’s book “The Audacity of Hope.”[/i]

Hillary may just turn out to be the most despised person within her own party. On the otherhand, McCain is loving every minute she stays in.

That’s so funny that that is billed as a “news” story…

I don’t much care for Hillary, but her argument will be that she’s won more of the big states, including the contested big states that the Dems must win, like Ohio; that she’s done better in elections than Obama, who’s won a lot of caucuses; and that Obama’s lead in the popular vote is razor thin (and almost all attributable to Cook County… Hmmm… http://www.theneweditor.com/index.php?/archives/7783-The-Power-of-Cook-County,-Illinois.html ). And it might be that more of her voters would flip and vote for McCain (see link in my post above).

[quote]lixy wrote:
When Reuters speaks in these terms, you know something’s up.

[i]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Somebody forgot to tell Hillary Clinton the Democratic presidential race is over and Barack Obama won.

Obama has captured more state contests, more votes and more of the pledged convention delegates who will help decide which Democrat faces Republican Sen. John McCain in November’s presidential election.

But Clinton, a New York senator who has flirted with disaster before in the back-and-forth nominating battle with Obama, shrugs off growing predictions of doom and still sees at least a narrow path to victory.

“I hear it in the atmosphere,” Clinton said of the increasingly loud chatter about whether she should drop out and let Democrats focus on the general election campaign.

“But the most common thing that people say to me … is ‘Don’t give up, keep going. We’re with you.’ And I feel really good about that because that’s what I intend to do,” she told reporters on Tuesday.

Clinton has not been hearing those words of encouragement from a chorus of media commentators and Obama supporters who have questioned why she is pursuing her uphill fight to catch the Illinois senator.

The Politico newspaper declared Clinton “has virtually no chance of winning.” A New York Times columnist called her campaign “the audacity of hopelessness” – a pun on Obama’s book “The Audacity of Hope.”[/i]

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2633098420080327[/quote]

Nothing is beyond her. She will say anything for a loud applause.

[quote]lixy wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
lixy wrote:

At any rate, it seems to be working extraodinarily well.

Nah. I’m not familiar with the guy. I just hear and read things. Our own Zap Branigan (who admittedly never voted Democrat in a presidential) will be voting for Clinton to sabotage Obama.[/quote]

Voting for my preferred candidate of the two is sabotage?

No wonder democracy is struggling in your neck of the woods. You have no idea what it is.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Voting for my preferred candidate of the two is sabotage?

No wonder democracy is struggling in your neck of the woods. You have no idea what it is.[/quote]

Winner.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Nothing is beyond her. She will say anything for a loud applause.[/quote]

Which means she should start stripping…With Chelsae…

[quote]pat wrote:
belligerent wrote:

Which means she should start stripping…With Chelsae… [/quote]

Ick. That is totally disgusting.

[quote]kroby wrote:
pat wrote:
belligerent wrote:

Which means she should start stripping…With Chelsae…

Ick. That is totally disgusting.[/quote]

I dunno, Chelsea is hottening up a tad.

yea right ill break her fuckin nose.

Her strategy is to destroy him in '08 so McCain can win, and she can say “I told you so” and re-run in '12.

Let’s assume for a minute that the roles were reversed, that Hillary had an ever so slight lead at this point. Does anybody really think Obama would have bowed out gracefully by now?

Futhermore, is it really Hillary that is sabotaging the party? Her 3 am wake up call and remarks on Obama’s experience are really as bad as she (personally) has gotten. There have been racial remarks from both sides with people involved in the respective campaigns.

Obama is doing a fine job of late sabotaging himself and the party. Hillary didn’t get Reverend Wright to preach black supremism. Hillary doesn’t tell us how typical white people act.

Obama’s principles are every bit as bad if not worse than the Clinton’s. He simply has not been in the limelight long enough for any of them to come out. He may not have the fierce competetiveness as her, but there is no doubt that he is every bit as shallow.