T Nation

Artificial Sweetners

I just read an article http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_consumer/the_truth_about_sucralose

I have recently started a strict diet with no sugar and almost no artifical sweetners (besides the sucralose in some of the Biotest products i take) and it is harder than i thought it would be i have such cravings especially because i think diet coke taste 3x better than regular coke or any other soda its hard to stay away from it but i dont want to consume aspartame after researching it and its "apparently" bad effects that i dont think have been proven but i believe the evidence and i already consume a pretty decent amount of sucralose already so i don't want to take in anymore and after reading the article that stevia can decrease testosterone i dont want to try that either..

So my question is what is everyone's opinions on Aspartame, Sucralose, Stevia and many other sweetners and if they are harmful or not and if there is a safe alternative that anyone has found Thank you

I think you set the record for the longest sentence in a post.

I think if your going to use anything using honey or maple syrup is probably your best bet.

I would but i am on a carb restricted diet and already get most of my carbs from veggies

I say don't worry about it. As long as you're not smoking cigarettes, drinking all the time and eating a shitload of fast food then you're way ahead of the bell curve anyways...Plus the constant exercise. In this economy, who has time to worry about artificial sweetener...LOL!

Okay i now know to take aspartame off my fucking list wow... about 2 hours ago i drank 2 diet cokes in a row and my hearing is fucked up i play a video game and the song sounds all messed up and im seeing colors differently. And yellow looks orange to me and white is green and red is like black this is getting fucked up its starting to fade but wow all the things about aspartame effecting the brain and eyesite i believe now LOL

If that's true you could have a metabolic disorder that prohibits you from digesting phenylalanine....

I think as long as you don't ingest ridiculously large amount of any of them you'll be fine. I certainly partake of diet soda, sugarless gum, and splenda in my oatmeal and cottage cheese whenever I diet, and the third arm growing out of my back feels just fine.

S

Thx for replies