T Nation

Articles on Figure Athlete or T-Nation

The articles will vary from time-to-time as they try out new authors, test various target markets, etc… Not every article can be a killer program or something Earth shattering.

One thing that seems to have gotten overlooked is that a little while ago, there was a thread with article suggestions, some I recall are:

  1. Interviews with “Golden Age” body builders.
  2. Something from Lonnie Lowery.
  3. Product reviews other than Biotest products.

So, it’s almost like they’re listening, eh.

[quote]JCS19Y wrote:
Hey, did you know they have different Figure Athlete pics up over there?!?

Why wasn’t I made aware of this??
Scuba Steve, Damn you!![/quote]

perfection right there

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
JCS19Y wrote:
Hey, did you know they have different Figure Athlete pics up over there?!?

Why wasn’t I made aware of this??
Scuba Steve, Damn you!!

perfection right there[/quote]

Holy sweet mother of god I think I’m in love

[quote]masonator wrote:
I’m not a bodybuilder, but how was that a bad article? He was one of the greats back in the day, so people are interested to read about him. What do you find lacking/what do you think there should be more of?[/quote]

He probably wants more studies cited, more 3-4 week “training” programs, more “rebel” stuff… Like most of the other kids coming here and thinking “wow, this is so new and cutting-edge”.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
JCS19Y wrote:
Hey, did you know they have different Figure Athlete pics up over there?!?

Why wasn’t I made aware of this??
Scuba Steve, Damn you!!

perfection right there

Holy sweet mother of god I think I’m in love[/quote]

We had a better pic of stacey on T-Nation a few weeks ago though :wink:

Draper, as a writer, is almost up there with TC. Plus, he still looks amazing.

In short, thanks to whoever decided to interview him. I bought one of his books and am glad I did.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
who the hell cares about some old washed up drug addict named the Blonde Bomber?
[/quote]

I do, you disrespectful twat.

If, for whatever reason, you think that T-Nation’s quality is lacking, you’ve got three choices.

  1. Don’t read the articles. Last I checked, you still had to decide whether or not to move your mouse and click the button that opens the page.

  2. Constructively contribute to the relevant article discussion and/or forum to raise the overall quality.

  3. Write your own article and submit it. Waterbury, Nate Green, and myself are a few examples of guys who’ve made the jump from article reader to article writer.

Of course, this last one would require you to actually have information that would be useful to the audience, and not just be a do-nothing/complain-about-everything armchair critic who attacks content created by other people.

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
Draper, as a writer, is almost up there with TC. Plus, he still looks amazing.

In short, thanks to whoever decided to interview him. I bought one of his books and am glad I did.[/quote]

Completely agree. You could not have picked a better person to interview. I’ll definitely be picking one of his books.

I hope they continue this series since I enjoyed to interview with The Black Prince as well.

I like both sites but that doesn’t mean I like every article every day. The articles aren’t always what you personally are going to be into but someone out there will like it. It’s T-Nation not mmllcc-nation.

No offense to FA, as I do peruse their articles regularly. I enjoy the discussions after the articles most times, and I don’t think I could handle the female equivalent of the 18 yr old 150# bulk or cutter.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
mmllcc wrote:
who the hell cares about some old washed up drug addict named the Blonde Bomber?

I do, you disrespectful twat.

[/quote]

Yep. I do, too.

[quote]Aggro wrote:
No offense to FA, as I do peruse their articles regularly. I enjoy the discussions after the articles most times, and I don’t think I could handle the female equivalent of the 18 yr old 150# bulk or cutter.[/quote]

As much as I love FA, some of the newbies are just getting ridiculous. For instance, we had a person ask if 10g of carbs at a time is too much. No other details, just if 10g of carbs is too much.

The article about Dave Draper was paying homage to a man, and a time period, which paid the ground work for where bodybuilding and even fitness is today. Many people here are too young to know who Dave Draper even is, but he and those from his era were some of the original forefathers of bodybuilding.

I look at it as bodybuilding evolution, in the sense that we are where we are because of him, Arnold, Franco etc. Unfortunately, evolution didn’t create positive outcomes over the years.

The media, financial greed, and even the scientific community changed its path into some fluffy nightmare, where the idea of putting in hard work became almost taboo. Nowadays, its all about getting results in 10 minutes, or, why go to the gym and sweat when you can buy my contraption and get the body of your dreams.

What I gathered from the article, was that hard work, intelligent workout design, and proper eating would help to create a strong and asthetically pleasing physique.

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
Aggro wrote:
No offense to FA, as I do peruse their articles regularly. I enjoy the discussions after the articles most times, and I don’t think I could handle the female equivalent of the 18 yr old 150# bulk or cutter.

As much as I love FA, some of the newbies are just getting ridiculous. For instance, we had a person ask if 10g of carbs at a time is too much. No other details, just if 10g of carbs is too much.[/quote]

Of course, we all know that it is.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
mmllcc wrote:
who the hell cares about some old washed up drug addict named the Blonde Bomber?

I do, you disrespectful twat.

Yep. I do, too.

[/quote]

x3

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
Aggro wrote:
No offense to FA, as I do peruse their articles regularly. I enjoy the discussions after the articles most times, and I don’t think I could handle the female equivalent of the 18 yr old 150# bulk or cutter.

As much as I love FA, some of the newbies are just getting ridiculous. For instance, we had a person ask if 10g of carbs at a time is too much. No other details, just if 10g of carbs is too much.[/quote]

It’s getting bad on both sides. The question is, what can we do about it? Ironically enough we don’t get the carb questions, we get the 40g of protein in 1 sitting questions. What worries me about these people is that it ultimately chases the knowledgeable people away.

Can we all stop feeding the troll please? Just pass the bridge and don’t look down.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
JCS19Y wrote:
Hey, did you know they have different Figure Athlete pics up over there?!?

Why wasn’t I made aware of this??
Scuba Steve, Damn you!!

perfection right there[/quote]

I concur.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
dennis3k wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
JCS19Y wrote:
Hey, did you know they have different Figure Athlete pics up over there?!?

Why wasn’t I made aware of this??
Scuba Steve, Damn you!!

perfection right there

Holy sweet mother of god I think I’m in love

We had a better pic of stacey on T-Nation a few weeks ago though ;)[/quote]

Yeah we did.