Article: What's in Our Gym Bag? (What's in Your Gym Bag?)

Haha! I did my warm up junk bare, then wrapped it up to lift. It was just a little tricky, I wrapped too tight the first time and it felt like I’d cut my arm off.

I wore it for Tricep extensions and close grip Monday and then Incline DB presses (with supinated grip) and dips Friday. No pain!

I’ll try some kind of extensions tomorrow. Those are usually tough on my elbows.

1 Like

Thanks gents. I’m happy to give these a try

1 Like

Maybe should close grip bench anymore. Try something else.

1 Like

I need a big, heavy, powerful lift to convert some muscle fibers to Fast Twitch. I’ve become too slow-dominant and my gains have dried up.

1 Like

Strong and jacked is the goal. I used to powerlift, but IDK, jacked is more the goal now.

My bag:
One Sweedish… never mind on that one, it’s not my bag baby
Belt (a must)
Oly shoes
Knee sleeves (a must)
Wrist wraps (barely use these)
Elbow sleeves (barely use)
Phone (to look at training log)
Anti-bacterial / fungal spray for the knee sleeves stank
Straps (barely use)

I do want some wireless ear buds.

2 Likes

I find these most useful for DB/KB work to prevent wrist bruises

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof-Canceling-GreenBlack/dp/B09BCMMHY1/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3HNVJODMW7BQN&keywords=letscom&qid=1646091835&sprefix=letscomm%2Caps%2C345&sr=8-5
I use these. They’re solid

1 Like

Those look pretty good. Only thing missing is that I wanted a charging case, but they do have 10 hrs of play time. Very inexpensive, and good reviews.

Do they come with a few different sizes of the rubber thing that goes in your ear? I always have trouble getting the right size. I have small ear holes. Staying in and being comfortable are big factors for me.

Edit, ordered them. Hardly any risk with the cost bring under $20.

Edit 2: @anna_5588 got those earbuds in. They came with 4 different size ear bud tips, XS, S, M and L. I think all the other ear buds I have bought just come with S, M and L. The XS is the best fit I have found. The sound is pretty good too. Deep sounding base. I like them.

2 Likes

•keys
•Phone
•chalk
•knee and wrist wraps
•belt
•headphones
•pair of extra socks
•wallet
•extra bra (support reasons)
•deodorant and tampons/pads (if needed)
•KT tape
•icy hot or Biofreeze
•Tylenol
•peppermints for exercise induced nausea
•water bottles
•salt or sugar packets if I get cramps or a headache

2 Likes

I compete in powerlifting so here’s my bag
Belt
Neck Harness
Chalk
Wrist wraps
Velcro straps(for my legs)
Fat grips
Bench Press shirt(if I’m using one)
Bench Blokz
Bands
2 slingshots
Donnie Thompson Bow tie
Elbow sleeves

2 Likes

Old thread but article just posted so here we go:

Haven Athletics Gym bag - Can’t recommend this enough. Yes, they’re expensive, and yes its kind of a big convenience/luxury buy, but it makes a huge difference having structured organization built into the bag. Bottom line, you never have to search for anything, no digging through the bottom of a bag, no worrying about whether your shoes and collars and smashing your headphones, etc. Everything is neatly packed, safe, and exactly where you left it to quickly get to it and put it away.

Shoes - Rom4 + NotoriousLifts or Metcons or Adi Totals or Reebok PLites (depends on what I’m doing that day)

Lever Belt

Knee Sleeves (SBD 7mm)/wrist wraps/straps/chalk

RepOne velocity sensor (Linear transducer, think Vitruve, Tendo, Gymaware, etc.)

Protein shake

Water bottle

Preworkout (in a little funnel locket thing)

A single serve of gummy bears :slight_smile:

Rogue aluminum collars (the spring collars at my gym: A- Suck B-Are always missing)

Gym clothes

Mini-phone camera tripod

Kind of a full load out, but makes it easy to go straight from work to gym

4 Likes

Love it!

How stinky do your knee sleeves get in that bag?

Goals: Powerlifting

• Electrolyte Mix
  • Ibuprofen
  • Icy Hot Rub
  • Pepto Bismol
  • Knee Wraps
  • Elbow Sleeves
  • Wrist Wraps
  • Straps
  • Liquid & Regular Chalk
  • 13mm Lever Belt
  • Charger