Article: TSA Searching Kids - Thoughts from Parents?

[quote]cct wrote:

[quote]mr popular wrote:
5 years from now, how many threats to national security do we predict will be averted because the TSA decided to feel around inside childrens pants? Honestly? It’s beyond ridiculous now, I would never let a stranger put their hands under my kid’s clothes, and I don’t care if they’re only touching “sensitive areas” with the “back of their hand”… Nor do I want them walking through a scanner that takes nude pictures of them and delivers a possible dose of radiation.

This stuff is a greater threat to our security than any terrorists.

Naturally the people that came up with the ideas and enacted the rules think it’s all perfectly fine, as they board their private jets without ever waiting in line, being stopped, or invasively searched.[/quote]

I don’t understand being against the scan. Such a big deal to have an officer see a “naked” scan of a child who might be hiding explosives. Guess you aren’t familiar with child soldiers. No harm is done from seeing a scan. Sure it’s a hassle and stupid and useless in general, but it does make the life of terrorists much more difficult.
Guess you don’t want to be looked at, but would rather be blown up.[/quote]

Oh cut the bullshit.

At almost every test those TSA dolts do not find the majority of hidden weapons and explosives, in fact, the numbers that can be smuggled through are about the same as before the TSA.

It is basically a multi billion dollar charade, however I would consider the money well spent if you want to teach your human lifestock what their place in life is.

Because lets face it, once you let a stranger fondle your kids and still believe that you are free, they own you.

I can’t believe how many Americans are ok with the government shiting on their 4th Amendment rights in the name of “safety”. No one has to give up Constitutional protections to travel, or for any other reason.

It is also a bad use of limited resources. Six year old white girls didn’t fly planes into the Twin Towers.

Profile.

This guy that runs the TSA, John Pistole, was nominated by President Obama and unanimously chosen by the Senate… and has since admitted that the new procedures are “invasive” and “uncomfortable”, but claims they are “necessary” because terrorists are trying to kill us all the time, everywhere.

As I said earlier, none of the people I just mentioned actually EVER have to go through these procedures themselves… the president, the senate, or John Pistole. They don’t go through the nude scanner, their kids don’t get groped, but they think it’s completely necessary that the rest of us should deal with it.

I have to agree with a poster above me, I can’t believe there isn’t more outrage over the CONSTITUTIONAL rights that are being violated here. John Pistole is not someone elected by the people, nor was the TSA demanded by the people, yet we now have a guy (FBI veteran) appointed by the ruling-class who decided for us that our rights should be sacrificed for the greater good.

There are so many different levels of wrong happening.

You can’t blame just Obama for this shit.
Strong lobbying from Mark Chertoff. Look it up. Advocacy = profits.

I think if I were on a plane and it blew up because of a 6 year-old with 4lbs of C4 in his pants I’d still have to laugh, for the 1/10th of a second I had left.

If I were in line behind the TSA officer checking the kid I’d say “Jeez, let him go…I’m even getting on the same flight as him. He does anything goofy I’ll take care of it!”