Arthur Jones' Leg Routine. Simple Yet Incredibly Difficult

That’s because he fought his natural body mechanics by not low bar squatting the optimal way. Add in the machines, which force you to go through an unnatural range of motion and that’s what you get. Plus, he would have gotten to his size and even bigger without all the needless movements by capitalizing on MPS with an increased frequency of low bar squatting.

I seriously suggest that you get a copy of Starting Strength and let the scales fall from your eyes.

1 Like

The reps couldn’t have been that slow if they got it all done in less than 5 minutes.

Checkmate atheists.

8 Likes

Deadlift video?

man, that’s too bad. I hate knowing that there are 2 of him in this world. Tone is the same, the way he started this topic is exactly the same as the ARX guy. oh well.

1 Like

I think we should all take a moment to seriously consider that Arthur Jones trained as many Mr. Olympians as Coach Smolov trained world champion powerlifters. That seems like a significant data point, especially on the topic of leg development.

4 Likes

you’re moving the goal posts, but I can get you back on track.

I am making a couple claims here to refute your 2 claims. your claims are: 1: Arthur Jones’ leg routine yields maximum leg development, and 2: No Olympia of the past could have made it through a Viator leg workout. My contentions are: 1.Ron could absolutely have done this workout 2. Ron could do things that Viator couldn’t get through, and thus the ‘Guy A can do something Guy B cannot do’ is not sufficient evidence of one training modality being superior to another, because the same can be said in both directions, and 3. That Ron’s legs were superior in every way to Viator’s.

At no point should surgery post-career enter the equation, because that’s not the subject at hand. But even if you want to bring that up, you don’t have any evidence that Ron’s leg training was the reason for the surgeries. So it’s a truly useless thing to bring up.

2 Likes

Side note: I just read a Poliquin article that claimed the following:

“Casey Viator used to do a grueling pre-exhaust triset to work his quads. Casey would do leg presses with 600 pounds for 50 reps, followed immediately by leg extensions with 220 pounds for 20 reps, and then immediately do full squat with 405 pounds for 20 reps. Casey literally ran between the different pieces of equipment to get the maximum pre-exhaust effect.”

I think if we pass this story on long enough, we’ll be able to get that leg press up to 100 reps, and the squat up to about 50. What do you guys think?

6 Likes

2 points

1: Would he rather have done 20lbs of full squats for 405 reps?

2: If you can run between pieces of equipment, you did not train legs nearly as hard as you claimed you did. I would have accepted “limped” or “crawled” instead, but now the narrative simply doesn’t fit.

3 Likes

You clearly don’t understand. Viator was so strong that nothing made him tired, ever. And that’s because he used the Jones method, which makes you strong enough to never get tired. And you also get maximum muscle growth. You don’t necessarily end up with the biggest legs, but your legs are still maximum, and they’re the best.

Almost sounds like how Trump would describe a weightlifting program. ‘Believe me, I make the BEST leg workout templates. Everybody is saying it.’

4 Likes

Nothing like “the good ole days” to make everything better.

When I was a kid we used to do group squats with 100 lb/ft. I beams and drink dinosaur milk pwo.

1 Like

Could Arthur Jones create a lifting program so effective that even Casey Viator couldn’t complete it?

2 Likes

He actually did. And he only shared it with one man.

Ever wonder how Jesus walked on water? The Arthur Jones Super-maximal leg routine.

3 Likes

This can’t be true: Mike Metzger proved that Arthur Jones IS Jesus.

Well, not so much “proved” as “screamed it a lot while parking his car on Jones’ lawn while trying to scale his fence in a drunken rage”

But that’s good enough for me.

4 Likes

Guys, if I lose too much sleep worrying about ArthurJones’ leg workouts, will it affect my gainz?

3 Likes

Quit now you fat slob.

3 Likes

Troll? :smiley:

You just said it’s THE most effective leg routine, but only Casey Viator can make ‘a silk purse’. You totally contradicted yourself haha. So I’m thinking this is troll bait.

1. Has the coach produced results in HUNDREDS of people, not just Casey Viator & other genetic outliers??

**2. Are you reasonably AVERAGE ? Then follow the instructions of a coach who knows how to create results in AVERAGE people **

You have to make sure you mention Dominican Avocados

Colorado experiment anyone?

I was actually skimming that article earlier today. I like the all around findings, regardless of how much the mileage may vary for those who wish to implement it, I still find it very impressive.

I’m kind of itching to try it. Not now, but it’ll be something I can focus on when my next semester rolls around.

Either that or immerse myself in DoggCrapp training once more.