Artem's Log

I haven’t been keeping logs for a while since I’m at a new gym and all of the weights are different, but I’m going to start up my first written log journal today and post on here when I move up.
I’ve also changed my routine up a bit. I’ve started squats and added/dropped some other stuff.

I’ll post what I’m doing now in a few. I’ve also been training back:chest in a 2:1 ratio for the past few weeks.

Week 1:
Monday - chest/shoulders
Tuesday - legs/abs
Wednesday - back/arms
Thursday - legs/abs
Friday - chest/shoulders

Week 2:
Monday - back/arms
Tuesday - legs/abs
Wednesday - Chest/Shoulders
Thursday - legs/abs
Friday - back/arms

chest:
-3x8 dumbell flat bench
-3x8 dumbell inclined bench
-3x8 dumbell declined bench
-3x8 machine flys

back:
-2x8 palms-away chin ups
-2x8 palms-in chin ups
-3x8 seated straight bar cable rows
-3x8 seated V-bar rows
-4x30 lower back hyperextensions

shoulders:
-3x8 seated dumbell shoulder press
-3x8 seated palms-in dumbell shoulder press
-4x8 dumbell front raises
-4x8 dumbell side lateral raises

arms:
-3x8 barbell curls
-3x8 dumbell hammer curls
-3x8 dumbell preacher curls
-3x8 dumbell inclined curls

-3x8 rope cable Tricep pushdowns
-3x8 straight bar cable Tricep pushdowns
-3x8 cable rope overhead Tricep extensions
-3x8 decline skull crushers

-4x14 wrist curls
-4x14 reverse wrist curls

legs:
4x14 barbell squat
4x14 leg press
4x14 leg curl
4x30 seated Calf press
4x30 standing Calf raises

So, I calculated all of my calories and grams of Protein that I had yesterday. I should have done this a long time ago. I thought that I was eating a lot more calories than I really was.
I’ve been eating about 1100 calories and 130-170 grams of Protein a day.

I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t drop a few percentages of body fat; my metabolism probably slower and put me into starvation mode…
I do get really full off of Protein shakes and can’t eat anything for a few hours after one.

I’ve also cut the powder that I put into my pre-workout Protein shake in half and put the other half into a water bottle that I sip on throughout the workout.

I’m probably going to start eating a bit more and just see what happens in regards to muscle gains and fat gains/loss… loss hopefully. I’ll keep the food clean, but just try to eat more.

New gym, new weights, what I have so far:
-dumbell flat bench: 55lbs; 8, 6, 5
-dumbell inclined bench: 45lbs; 8, 7, 7
-dumbell decline bench: 50lbs; 8, 7, 5
-dumbell flys: 20lbs; 3x8

-dumbell shoulder press: 30lbs; 3x8 (easy clear, moving up)
-palms in dumbell shoulder press: 25lbs; 3x8 (easy clear, moving up)
-front dumbell shoulder raises: 17.5lbs; x 1x8, 15lbs; 3x8
-side dumbell lateral raises: 17.5lbs; 1x8, 15lbs; 3x8

squat: 85lbs; 14, 11, 11, 10
leg press: 50lbs; 4x14
leg curl: 95lbs; 14, 14, 14, 10

My chest has gotten very noticeably weaker since I started doing it in a 2:1 ratio to back, but oh well, I had to get the imbalance sorted out. My back has gotten much stronger. Shoulders are getting bigger and stronger.

Today, I squatted/leg pressed for the third time: It was intense. I could barely walk by the end and felt nauseous. It was hard to down the protein shake afterwards; the thing wouldn’t end, but I didn’t throw up.
I’m gonna feel this tomorrow. :slight_smile:

My numbers… they are kind of depressing. It’s a sad day when you shoulder press more than you squat, but I’ll get it up. My legs are getting bigger regardless.

As my weight climbs, my Chin is steadily getting worse. I went from 4x8 at 145-150lbs just a few weeks ago to 8,6,6,4 today at around 168, probably more after food.

Everything else is well and progressing, but this does not amuse me…

I haven’t posted here in a while, but here’s a progress update:
I’m up to 190lbs. My body fat has definitely gone up. Chest still goes out past stomach and you can see a light outline of abs when flexed, but it’s definitely more than I’d like.

Squat us up to 135lbs for 4 sets of 14, up from like 75 when I started them a month or two ago. I finally learned proper squat form where the knees don’t go out past the toes. All it took was to stick my ass way out and make my back more flat.

Dumbbell bench is up to 3x12 with 60s, up from 3x8 with 50s a few months ago. I’m moving up to 70s soon.

I started doing shoulders with back instead of with chest and my shoulder press has greatly benefited.
My dumbbell shoulder press went from 3x8 with 30s to 3x8 with 50s in a few weeks and it’s still going up.

Incline press is up to 60s as well. I’m really trying to bring out my upper chest as my lower is much more developed. My final chest exercise has been switched from flys to incline flys to hit the upper chest more.

I’m doing cable t-handle rows for 3x10ish with 160lbs. My back workouts are different from my chest. I like to do a few warmup sets for chest then d consistent weight sets.
For back, I pyramid up on all of my exercises.
For back, I’m doing wide grip pulldowns, close grip pulldowns, cable rows, and cable t-handle rows all pyramided up.

My arms seem to be progressing, but they lag behind the rest of my body a lot. I think my rib cage and chest are naturally wide. My upper body just looks really wide, side to side and front to back, but my arms aren’t big enough for it.

Anyways, I’m putting on 10 more lbs to 200 and then making a small cut to about 10%, then it’s back to gaining.

190lbs eh? pics? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

your very last line above about the 200lbs then down to 10% then back to gaining makes me proud. lol

Good job dood keep it up.

DG