Arrgh...Blasted Love Handles

Carbs in the morning are ok… but f’n chocolate? I almost screamed troll.

K.

Plain yogurt please.

Getting late for the carbs. Maybe. Once again, make sure it’s plain unsweetened yogurt.

Remove the carb sources… replace them with green vegetables.

[quote]
Midnight: about 500 ml whole milk with some almonds or cottage cheese. [/quote]

Remove the milk. Replace with a whey protein at worst, and a slower digesting casein mix at best. Cottage cheese is great. Almonds are fine.

You’ve gotta stop eating carbs in the evenings. Get up in the morning and do 30m-1h cardio on an empty stomach or with some BCAA’s.

I think your carb timing just sucks, other than that… calories may be off, but I have found for myself the timing of nutrients is more important than overall calorie intake.

[quote]Sepulnation wrote:
I’d be an idiot to not admit that they have gotten smaller with adjustments to my diet (and stopped doing exercises where I neede more stabilization).

S

This part really got my attention. Do I need to stop doing stabilization exercises, so my waist/obliques won’t grow? A few examples would greatly help.

[/quote]

I stopped doing Deadlifts for a while (doing hypers though), no side planks, no heavy backsquats (only fronts, and usually after a good isolation exercise to warm up). Hopefully you aren’t doing any weighted side bends hoping to ‘carve away the fat’.

S

Morning cardio and carb cutoffs seem to have worked well for me so far.

Give up I shall not! I’ve tried 4 different brands of fat burners up till now. They seem to help somewhat, but only until the time I’m using them. And even then, I can’t seem to get my 6 pac and obliques to show.

Disturbingly enough, I’ve been on these burners for almost 6 months at a stretch! I think it may be too much water retention around the waist. I don’t have a belly anymore, but the damn thing wiggles a bit when I walk…wtf?!![/quote]

You know what I do for cutting? Cut out ALL carbs Monday through Friday, then eat like 250 grams of them on each Saturday and Sunday. Mostly complex ones, although I will have cake or pizza as a meal if I feel like it. Get into ketosis. Get out of ketosis. 5-6 meals a day. Repeat for 8 weeks. The body is constantly adapting as to what source of energy to use, and that burns fat. Ketosis makes your body use fat for energy, provided that your protein intake is quite high. Don’t stress about the fat intake. Also, I ran 3 days a week for approximately 35 minutes and weight trained with compound exercises 4 days a week. I drank lots of water.

When it comes to fat burners, the ECA stack worked best for me in the past. 3 teaspoons a day, the last one being before 6 PM so I could sleep by 11 PM. It was brutal, but my avatar pic on the left was the end result, summer 2008. Without the ECA or any other kind of fat burner, simply because I couldn’t get any.

Cutting carbs also expells all that subcutaneous water, so that’s a plus, too.

[quote]plateau wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:
According to the middle-aged housewives at my gym, just do some side bends, you’ll be all set by summer.

And not to heavy, you don’t want to have to work hard![/quote]

But make sure to put weight in both hands, or it wont work

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Ah, love handles. The bane of my existance. There’s nothing like having visible vascularity in your triceps, biceps, quads, hams, and even your crotch area yet stil having that belt of fat around the ol’ mid-section. Genetics is a bitch.

But I’m determined to kill them. Those fuckers are like the Predator and I’m like Dutch. If it bleeds, I can kill it… Or something. [/quote]

Ha ha harhh…good slogan to live by! I’m a beeeg ah-nold fan too youh knoahh?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Sepulnation wrote:
I’d be an idiot to not admit that they have gotten smaller with adjustments to my diet (and stopped doing exercises where I neede more stabilization).

S

This part really got my attention. Do I need to stop doing stabilization exercises, so my waist/obliques won’t grow? A few examples would greatly help.

I stopped doing Deadlifts for a while (doing hypers though), no side planks, no heavy backsquats (only fronts, and usually after a good isolation exercise to warm up). Hopefully you aren’t doing any weighted side bends hoping to ‘carve away the fat’.

S
[/quote]

Why did you stop doing DLs and Squats? Does that have anything to do with fat loss (long term or short term) goals?

[quote]AndrewGpv03 wrote:
Morning 8:30 am: pre-workout meal…usually a whey+glutamine shake along with a banana and a small chocolate bar. Topped off with a cup of coffee.

Carbs in the morning are ok… but f’n chocolate? I almost screamed troll.

10:30 am: post-workout meal… whey+glutamine shake with seasonal fruits.

K.

1:30 pm: lunch…usually rice with some whole protein source such as chicken, mutton, or pulses along with some yogurt.

Plain yogurt please.

5:00 pm: dry fruits with some yogurt.

Getting late for the carbs. Maybe. Once again, make sure it’s plain unsweetened yogurt.

9:00 pm: dinner…some whole source of protein along with some complex carbs such as oatmeal or bran bread.

Remove the carb sources… replace them with green vegetables.

Midnight: about 500 ml whole milk with some almonds or cottage cheese.

Remove the milk. Replace with a whey protein at worst, and a slower digesting casein mix at best. Cottage cheese is great. Almonds are fine.

You’ve gotta stop eating carbs in the evenings. Get up in the morning and do 30m-1h cardio on an empty stomach or with some BCAA’s.

I think your carb timing just sucks, other than that… calories may be off, but I have found for myself the timing of nutrients is more important than overall calorie intake.[/quote]

Great, very helpful info. A few modifications are in order.

[quote]John Q. Adequate wrote:
Sepulnation wrote:

Give up I shall not! I’ve tried 4 different brands of fat burners up till now. They seem to help somewhat, but only until the time I’m using them. And even then, I can’t seem to get my 6 pac and obliques to show.

Disturbingly enough, I’ve been on these burners for almost 6 months at a stretch! I think it may be too much water retention around the waist. I don’t have a belly anymore, but the damn thing wiggles a bit when I walk…wtf?!!

You know what I do for cutting? Cut out ALL carbs Monday through Friday, then eat like 250 grams of them on each Saturday and Sunday. Mostly complex ones, although I will have cake or pizza as a meal if I feel like it. Get into ketosis. Get out of ketosis. 5-6 meals a day. Repeat for 8 weeks. The body is constantly adapting as to what source of energy to use, and that burns fat. Ketosis makes your body use fat for energy, provided that your protein intake is quite high. Don’t stress about the fat intake. Also, I ran 3 days a week for approximately 35 minutes and weight trained with compound exercises 4 days a week. I drank lots of water.

When it comes to fat burners, the ECA stack worked best for me in the past. 3 teaspoons a day, the last one being before 6 PM so I could sleep by 11 PM. It was brutal, but my avatar pic on the left was the end result, summer 2008. Without the ECA or any other kind of fat burner, simply because I couldn’t get any.

Cutting carbs also expells all that subcutaneous water, so that’s a plus, too.[/quote]

Right, gotcha. I’ve gotta say your midsection is killer. What were your specs before you went on a fat loss program?

[quote]dankid wrote:
plateau wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:
According to the middle-aged housewives at my gym, just do some side bends, you’ll be all set by summer.

And not to heavy, you don’t want to have to work hard!

But make sure to put weight in both hands, or it wont work[/quote]

Ha ha ha. Yes siree. If you say so.

[quote]KateK wrote:
Supra iliac (love handles) is related to insulin sensitivity. Your carb intake is more than likely too high for your carb tolerance. [/quote]

Really? I’ve never heard that before. That’s pretty interesting to me, and makes sense when it comes to my own body.

[quote]AssClown wrote:
KateK wrote:
Supra iliac (love handles) is related to insulin sensitivity. Your carb intake is more than likely too high for your carb tolerance.

Really? I’ve never heard that before. That’s pretty interesting to me, and makes sense when it comes to my own body.[/quote]

It is based on Charles Poliquin’s Biosignature Assessment.

Right, gotcha. I’ve gotta say your midsection is killer. What were your specs before you went on a fat loss program?
[/quote]

Thanks. About 190 lbs, at 5’11’'. Got down to 175 lbs in about 2 months. No idea about the bodyfat %.