T Nation

Arrested at the RNC

Amy Goodman talks about being detained at the RNC
http://www.therealnews.com/t/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=2216

I do not know if there is more to this story, but click on the the real video stream

these people are stirring shit up plain and simple. If you hang out in the middle of crowd that is throwing rocks, piss, and shit on people, vandalizing property, and assulting people, you better accept being caught in the fray.

They are down there for the sole purpose of catching cops doing something wrong. You think they aren’t stirring shit up to get some good coverage? Cops are even being assulted when they get isolated.

I have a buddy that is a cop from another town working OT down there and he said it was a real mess for awhile.

I will also say that we are a very liberal state and our cops are handcuffed by your typical PC bullshit. We very rarely see cases of police misconduct here. This isn’t LA, Chicago, or New York.

They sure as hell have shown a lot more restraint than I would. If these guys are going to act like a 3 year old throwing a tantrem, I would put them over my knee and spank their ass with my baton.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
these people are stirring shit up plain and simple. If you hang out in the middle of crowd that is throwing rocks, piss, and shit on people, vandalizing property, and assulting people, you better accept being caught in the fray. [/quote]

“Hang out”? They’re reporters. Being present in dangerous places is what they do.

I see.

You probably also think Amy Goodman and Allan Naim were behind the hundreds executed in the Dili massacre. And just to be sure nobody would know, they beat each other up.

Goodman is an outstanding journalist and questioning her ethics in this manner shows you know absolutely nothing about her or her work.

Yay for freedom of the press!

[quote]lixy wrote:
They sure as hell have shown a lot more restraint than I would. If these guys are going to act like a 3 year old throwing a tantrem, I would put them over my knee and spank their ass with my baton.

Yay for freedom of the press![/quote]

Explain to me how the First Amendment has a fucking thing to do wiht destruction of private property.

You are a stupid fucking fool.

The best part is: Zeppelin keeps supplying us with this objective, “unbiased” news.

And, there is no news here - just idiot radicals intentionally breaking the law, predictably getting arrested for breaking said law, and then manufacturing a histrionic narrative about “oppression!” after the fact.

Been the same tactic since the 1960s to manufacture outrage - and no one is buying it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Explain to me how the First Amendment has a fucking thing to do wiht destruction of private property. [/quote]

How does reporting on an event equate to destroy property in your eyes?

[quote]lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Explain to me how the First Amendment has a fucking thing to do wiht destruction of private property.

How does reporting on an event equate to destroy property in your eyes?[/quote]

dhickey said:

He’s not referring to the poor innocent liberal fuckwad journalists here, he’s referring to the poor, innocent fuckwad protesters.

To which you reply:

Now either answer my question, or shut the fuck up.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

How does reporting on an event equate to destroy property in your eyes?

dhickey said:

He’s not referring to the poor innocent liberal fuckwad journalists here, he’s referring to the poor, innocent fuckwad protesters. [/quote]

When he says that they’re “down there for the sole purpose of catching cops doing something wrong” and that they’re “stirring shit up to get some good coverage”, is it unreasonable to assume that he’s referring to the reporters.

Dickey, what say you?

My internet connection here is slow so I’m waiting for the vid to load. Amy Goodman has no credibility with because there have been to many times were she says troops in Iraq are murdering people and cant back it up. The last time I listened to FreeSpeechradio she said a woman was killed in Sadr City by US troops at traffic control point.

Was I there? No. But I know the procedure. You put out orange cones and signs in Arabic that say “don’t cross here or you will be fired on”. We also have somthing called Escalation of Force. Basiclly it’s shout, show (your intent to shoot), shove (or throw somthing), then shoot. I’f your in a area where there are women strapped with bombs (and they KNOW we arent allowed to search them) I would have done the same.

Amy Goodman didnt mention that part. She just made it sound like they just shot the chick for no reason.

Secondly I heard a sound clip from the outside protests of the RNC. It was a rapper using curse words. I’m sorry but anyone who does that isnt trying to hold a “peaceful” demenstration.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

He’s not referring to the poor innocent liberal fuckwad journalists here, he’s referring to the poor, innocent fuckwad protesters.

To which you reply:

Now either answer my question, or shut the fuck up. [/quote]

Hey Rainjack, what are the first two posts on this thread about? Why would Dhickey use the word “coverage” if he wasn’t talking about journalists? Are you purposefully trying to change the subject, or are you just a poor reader?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
these people are stirring shit up plain and simple. If you hang out in the middle of crowd that is throwing rocks, piss, and shit on people, vandalizing property, and assulting people, you better accept being caught in the fray.

They are down there for the sole purpose of catching cops doing something wrong. You think they aren’t stirring shit up to get some good coverage? Cops are even being assulted when they get isolated.
[/quote]

Wait, so you think the media was purposefully “stirring shit up” to get coverage? That’s an amazing claim, do you have any proof?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
rainjack wrote:

To which you reply:

Now either answer my question, or shut the fuck up.

Hey Rainjack, what are the first two posts on this thread about? Why would Dhickey use the word “coverage” if he wasn’t talking about journalists? Are you purposefully trying to change the subject, or are you just a poor reader?

[/quote]

I am a very good reader. Unfortunately, you are not. But that has been proven time and again with your pathetic posts in this forum.

How am I changing the subject? Lixy insinuates that destruction of private property is covered by the 1st amendment. I asked her to explain how.

Seems to me that you are the one in here running their mouths for no reason. Well…except to continue your fascination with me.

Now, do you have soething to say on the subject, or are you too pre-occupied with masturbating over the thought of seeing me be wrong?

[quote]jawara wrote:
My internet connection here is slow so I’m waiting for the vid to load. Amy Goodman has no credibility with [/quote]

Her credibility isn’t in question here. She’s a journalist who had every right to report on the protests outside the RNC, and she got roughed up and arrested by the cops. There’s footage of her crew being brutalized and there are witnesses by the boatload.

Her show doesn’t take a dime from either the government or any corporation. That’s genuine grassroots independent journalism. That you disagree with her editorial line is no reason to call her a liar here.

I watch her show quite regularly and I can’t think of an instance where she just made shit up. When there are witnesses who say a murder took place, she reports it. Some troops were jailed, some weren’t. She just reports allegations as such and facts as such.

What you should do is realize that there may be different points of view than your own. What you call “casualties”, others might call “murder”.

Was the woman killed? Yes.

And what exactly would you say is the reason she got shot. Self defense? Sorry to break your bubble, but most people in this world would not buy the idea that an unarmed woman represents any danger whatsoever to a lot of soldiers in full gear.

Granting the benefit of the doubt to the killer is not a good sign.

Yay for freedom of speech!

[quote]lixy wrote:

“Hang out”? They’re reporters. Being present in dangerous places is what they do.
[/quote]
I didn’t say they couldn’t be there but they shouldn’t bitch about being caught in the maylay.

Streeeeeeeeeetchhhhhhhhh

she wasn’t there. what’s your point?

[quote]

Yay for freedom of the press![/quote]
sorry should have specified that I meant the idiots that are breaking shit and assaulting people, not the reporters.

[quote]lixy wrote:
jawara wrote:
My internet connection here is slow so I’m waiting for the vid to load. Amy Goodman has no credibility with

Her credibility isn’t in question here. She’s a journalist who had every right to report on the protests outside the RNC, and she got roughed up and arrested by the cops. There’s footage of her crew being brutalized and there are witnesses by the boatload.
[/quote]

Brutalized? You really want to get that melodramatic? Of course you do. Void of anything but the word of leftist radical journalists, they are nothing but whining little spoiled children.

As for this joke of “real news” - it is supported by the fellow left-wing radicals. Hardly objective, and hardly journalism.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
lixy wrote:

sorry should have specified that I meant the idiots that are breaking shit and assaulting people, not the reporters.
[/quote]

You didn’t need to specify. Anyone with a third grade reading ability knew who you were referring to.

So, Lixy - you want to answer the question now, or are you going to duck and hide?

GL - how’s that crow tasting? You idiot.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
lixy wrote:

I didn’t say they couldn’t be there but they shouldn’t bitch about being caught in the maylay. [/quote]

I see. By your logic, journalists operating a war zone “shouldn’t bitch about being” shot at.

[quote]You probably also think Amy Goodman and Allan Naim were behind the hundreds executed in the Dili massacre. And just to be sure nobody would know, they beat each other up.

Streeeeeeeeeetchhhhhhhhh [/quote]

Yes. That was the point. It’s as ridiculous as thinking she’d be an agent provocateur just for coverage. She’s one of the most famous journalists in the entire world. She doesn’t give a rat’s ass about advertisers. And she certainly won’t be muzzled by governments.

Your accusation makes no sense.

[quote]Goodman is an outstanding journalist and questioning her ethics in this manner shows you know absolutely nothing about her or her work.

she wasn’t there. what’s your point? [/quote]

Sure she was!

[quote]They sure as hell have shown a lot more restraint than I would. If these guys are going to act like a 3 year old throwing a tantrem, I would put them over my knee and spank their ass with my baton.

[/quote]

That’s slightly better.

On a related note, 8 protesters were charged with terrorism under the PATRIOT ACT. Don’t you feel safer?

[quote]lixy wrote:

I see. By your logic, journalists operating a war zone “shouldn’t bitch about being” shot at.
[/quote]
Streeeeeetchhhhherooooo

Kind of like Micheal Moore?

If she was that old bag being interviewed then she wasn’t in the crowd or “brutalized”.

Why only slightly? They are spray painting people, dumping piss and shit on people, “brutalizing” civilians and police,and destroying ohter people’s property. What’s wrong with a little spanking?

[quote]
On a related note, 8 protesters were charged with terrorism under the PATRIOT ACT. Don’t you feel safer?[/quote]
Should they not have been?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
dhickey wrote:

Wait, so you think the media was purposefully “stirring shit up” to get coverage? That’s an amazing claim, do you have any proof?

[/quote]

Dhickey, do you have proof of this?